“Doesn't get any better” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casa Sol Zipolite

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Zipolite
Casa Sol Zipolite
Ranked #2 of 15 Zipolite B&B and Inns
San Francisco, California
“Doesn't get any better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

5 stars in every category. Perfect location (with awesome views); well-maintained property; lovely and clean rooms; and wonderful hosts. There's a path down to the beach, which is much calmer than the main Zipolite beach. I stayed for 1 week and I will definitely stay again at Casa Sol.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

I read that Zipolite works its charm upon the visitor and makes them want to stay longer. That certainly happened to me. I stayed for a few days over the New Year break. It just wasn't long enough and i have already booked my return.

One would be hard pressed to find a better place than Casa Sol. All the glowing reports are spot on. It was probably the main reason why I loved that trip. It is a haven of tranquility, set on a beautiful cliffside, overlooking a quiet (practically private) beach/cove. The main beach/village is just a short walk away through the forest. Don't worry, the congenial hosts, Joseph and Martin, provide you with a flashlight, so it is easy enough to stroll home in the evening. Did I say 'home'? It feels like it is the perfect home from home.

You might never want to leave!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank martc_p
Beacon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

Property is outstanding; Location fabulous; Hosts are congenial. I have stayed here in January for two years in a row, and I frankly cannot imagine staying anywhere else in this area. I've already reserved my room for next year. The hosts are friendly and helpful, without attempting to dictate or interfere with my vacation. I felt warmly welcomed the first time I visited; this time was seriously more like coming to visit dear friends than going to a hotel.

I especially love having a kitchen in my room, and access to the big kitchen where we banged out a few meals over our visit, and actually hosted friends over a few times.

Joe and Martin, the hosts, and German, the right-hand-man, were always friendly, warm, interested, and accommodating.

The rooms are comfortable, with every little possible need anticipated; quiet (unless you abhor the sound of the ocean surf!); and clean. The posada is within walking distance of many lovely restaurants, and local transportation.

Room Tip: They are all wonderful. Really. I like the little room off to the side; the back wall is stone which...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Arabella D
Vancouver, BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

Joe and Martin have created a place that is absolutely perfect! First, they are amazing hosts, warm and helpful. Then there are the facilities: hot water (almost no one has this in Zipolite surprisingly), A/C (although I didn't feel the need to use it, it cooled off nicely at night and the rooms get nice breezes), nicely equipped kitchenette, lots of furnishings in the room so places to unpack etc, beach/pool towels, great morning muffins and juice, great common area and just way too many other details and small touches to mention! My only regret is that they only had 2 nights available and I could have stayed a month!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Edmonds, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

This place feels like a home away from home, not a hotel. Every room has a million dollar view, and the sound of the ocean below lulls you to sleep each night. Joe and Martin could not be better hosts if they tried. Genuine, warm, and inviting. I could go on and on about the little details that have made this stay so perfect, but the other reviews cover them well. I will never forget this place...and I shall return! Thank you Martin, Joe, and German!

Room Tip: There are only 3 rooms, and the lower poolside room is great for solo travelers. It is smaller than...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Laho2013
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

It wasn't....
- The breathtaking view
- The tranquil slice of nature
- The beautiful little town of Zipolite complete with wonderful dining
For my new wife and I on our honeymoon it was the little things that truly sets Casa Sol Zipolite apart from other accommodations.
Joe, Martin and their one man jack of all trades German make your stay something special. From the freshly squeezed juice and homemade muffins waiting at your door when you wake up. To the lovingly kept rooms which you can easily feel the planning and time that went into developing each of them.
Some added bonus...
- Reverse Osmosis water system allowing you to stop having any concern about drinking water and enjoy a tap system rather than endless bottles of water
- The fresh coffee enjoyed from your room each day
- The company of Thelma, Louise and Meow (2 dogs and a cat) - they feel like your protectors in a foreign land
If you are heading to this part of Mexico, go to Casa Sol Zipolite!
Lisa and Eric

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

Only one word is necessary: Perfection.

What struck me most about Casa Sol was that it felt like I was coming to a friend's home instead of a hotel. Martin and Joseph have thought of every single detail. From the greeting letter personalized with my name welcoming us to Casa Sol to the welcome chocolates, a bowl of fruit and bottled water that were waiting for us after our long trip.

As you walk down the stone steps you are surrounded by native flora and you pass the trickling fountain that immediately soothes you after a long travel. We were blown away by the magnificent view of the pacific ocean immediately. We stayed in room #2. The room was cozy and had everything we could need or want. Every morning I jumped out of bed to gaze at the stunning view of the sunlight reflecting off the ocean as the waves crashed against the rocks. It filled me with inner peace. Freshly squeezed juice and delicious treats were definitely a daily favorite in the morning. German was beyond helpful and sweet. Martin and Joseph bend over backwards to make your stay perfect. It was the best and most enjoyable experience outside of home I have ever experienced.

I can't wait to return to Casa Sol and Zipolite. Casa Sol is a true hidden paradise.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Zipolite
Posada Buena Vida
La Loma Linda: Bungalows, Yoga and Feldenkrais
Heven
Heven
#1 of 17 in Zipolite

Been to Casa Sol Zipolite? Share your experiences!