“Good value for your money!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Zipolite
Posada Brisa Marina
Ranked #10 of 15 Zipolite B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Good value for your money!”
Reviewed 3 February 2013

My husband and I found Zipolite just by accident, we were traveling in the south west coast of Mexico and were looking for paradise, oh boy did we find it! A taxi driver suggested us to go to Zipolite. What a wonderful place! We got to Brisa Marina recommended by someone in the town. The owner Daniel is a very nice man that is an English speaker, nice to talk to, the balcony of our room was with ocean view for which we paid 250 pesos that is less than 25 dls per night. The room was clean, with a clean private bathroom, fresh towels and bed sheets, a lady came to clean our room everyday and the location is perfect because is on the main street. Thank you Daniel for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed March 2012
11 Thank ClauJaimesGrozelle

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 January 2013

We used to live in Mexico City for two years and as exciting and colourful as that was, my favorite place in Mexico is Zipolite and I miss this place very much right now in the cold grip of a Welsh winter.The owner Daniel is a find and an absolute delight; he subscribes to the philosophy that we are here for a good time and not a long time. His lovely hotel looks over the ocean where the stunning skies and seascapes never fail to mesmerise. The rear of the hotel backs onto Colonia Roca Blanca’s main street where you can find all you need to eat drink and enjoy. The locals are a delight, as are all Mexicans, and friendly to a fault. A more generous people you will not find on this continent. Daniel's rooms are the pace to stay for those who enjoy turning their backs on the hassle of modern living for a spell. If you ever want to get back in touch with yourself, you won't go far wrong by giving Daniel a call and begging for one of his seafront rooms. Hammocks, Mexicans, Daniel, butterflies, azure seas, jaw-droppingly beautiful sunsets. I just decided, Summer 2013 in Zipolite-are you reading this Daniel!!!

Room Tip: Get in touch with Daniel before you arrive and always travel very light
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Gerard O
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 30 December 2012

My boyfriend and I got a bad room at Posada Mexico (great place, but just don't opt for the tiny rooms w/o bathrooms right next to the loud partying bar/restaurant and bad mosquito net) so we wanted to change places. I went running and found this great spot!

The owner was super friendly and immediately welcomed me and showed me two rooms. I took the better one, which was on the top floor with an ocean view. AMAZING. We slept with our windows open at night (they had screens in so don't worry about mosquitos with that!) and heard the roar of the ocean. Amazing. We had access to the balcony with hammocks and chairs and sat out there talking, relaxing in the "matrimonial" hammock.

Wifi is blazingly fast, this is a great spot with easy access to everything you need in Zipolite...you know, food, drink, beach, sun, sand, the shops...

I wanted to stay longer and wished we could have. My boyfriend and I already miss Brisa Marina and we left yesterday!

Room Tip: Get a room w a sea view (on the top floor if you can) - it's worth the extra pesos!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank cheriefrombrooklyn
Puerto Morelos, Mexico
Reviewed 30 December 2012

I intended to spend one night in zipolite while driving down the coast with my wife. As seems to happen to everyone i ended up there for a little while longer! We were greeted with a friendly smile and shown to a very basic but pleasant room with a view of the ocean to die for. Great prices too, i live in the Mexican carribean so am not so used to getting good value for anything. The water is indeed lukewarm as advertised (especially around 4pm) and anyway, the temperatures here even in mid winter are hot enough that a hot shower really isnt necessary. The fan and ocean breezes kept us both sleeping comfortably but i suspect summer might be a tad hot for most. Zipolite itself is an awesome -anything goes- place, closed-minded individuals will be welcomed but i suspect wont enjoy it. The hotel is located right in the heart of it but is nice and quiet in the evenings. I am counting the days until i can get back there, its the absolute opposite of the rivera maya where i live - well worth two days of driving mexican highways!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank wilmaxwell
Chapala, Mexico
Reviewed 18 November 2012

I stayed here for 8 nights and time seemed to stand still. If you pay for 6 nights, Daniel the owner, will give you one night free.I had a room facing the ocean with a balcony right on the ocean. I fell in love with the view from my balcony and the sound of the crashing waves.

Now, this is a no thrills hotel, with a fan but no airconditioner in any of the rooms. There are no phones in the rooms and no hot water in the showers. I brought my own soap and towel, as friends who had stayed there before advised to do so. The hotel is very safe and the staff is great.

And yes, I would stay there again. But not in the summer months.

For the price, you

Room Tip: For a few extra pesos go for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Pilgrim45900
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 20 October 2012

The beach hut is right in the middle of the main part of Zipolite with a relaxed and chilled out ambience and spectacular views of the ocean. As soon as I arrived, the owner took me to my room, showed me the balcony and told me to relax and book in once I had settled in. There is very much a vibe here of mañana mañana. Chilled out. There are loads of cool beach bars and restaurants nearby, rooms are safe and basic and the balcony from the room was the most relaxed place in the world. I stayed a further two nights and didn't want to leave.

Room Tip: Ask for room on top floor for a balcony with and hammock for the best views of the ocean.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank Jeem27HK
Reviewed 31 August 2012 via mobile

As we arrived we were greeted by the man himself Daniel, our extremely friendly, always happy and always helpful host, along with his very welcoming staff! With the intention of only staying 2 nights we were won over, not only by the views, but by the great rates that Brisa Marina offered for long stay guests and we ended up staying for 2 weeks! Brisa Marina provides a choice of rooms depending on your budget. The rooms were clean and secure with personal safes and each room was screened with mosquito mesh (and ours had en-suite). If you are two or more we would highly recommend staying for a week or more if you have the time to get the best value!thank you for such a memorable part of our trip, Emma & Shane

• Stayed July 2012