“It is what it is... An airport hotel”

Hilton Paris Orly Airport
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Orly
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 19 June 2013

As the title suggests it is an airport hotel, clean, tidy and impersonal. The staff are trained to check clients in as quickly as possible then get rid of them to the lift adjacent to reception.

You take your luggage to your room, you get yourself to breakfast you check out Now if you get a smile somewhere along the line it is a bonus.

Luckily we got a smile at breakfast and the checkout was nearly friendly. Will we go back of course we will we got just about what we expected, so what more could we ask for?

Room Tip: If you are looking for anything other than somewhere to rest your head whilst in transit, look for s...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
NvanKuler, Manager at Hilton Paris Orly Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for sharing your comments with us through Tripadvisor.

I am very happy to hear that you have appreciated the cleanliness. Nevertheless I have well noted that you felt that your check in was too fast. We strive to personalise every guest contact and I am sorry to hear that this has not been the case. Please be assured that I have personally shared your comments with the front office team.

I am looking forward to welcome you again in the hotel.

Nancy van Kuler

Write a ReviewReviews (1,682)

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Booked one night as late flight into Paris before heading into the city. Not cheap rate over 125 Euro. As diamond was upgraded to Deluxe Room.
First thing to note, rooms do not look like the photos. They are bland, really bland.
Its the small things, plastic stirrers for the coffee, not real spoons.
Staff were okay, more like machines processing, I guess just very busy place.
Hotel looks horrible as well, who ever designed building like this needs a good kick!
Had breakfast, was so so.
Over all not great, if you want somewhere to sleep I would look elsewhere for this price.
One last thing - please change the pillows they are massive no way to sleep!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments regarding the hotel.

I am sad to hear that the room and the exterior of the hotel were not up to your expectations.

We have shared your comments among our teams to help us to constantly improve guest service.

I hope you would give us the opportunity to welcome you again in Orly.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

Hotel is very close to Orly Airport, which offers a lot of transportation options. Lobby is nice, Restaurant is good... but the room was very tight... Don't know if it was the rate I had, but there was no chance to upgrade the room either. Bed was comfortable, but I am more used to the american hotel rooms with plenty of space. Access to the rooms is kind of weird.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for posting your comments regarding the Hilton Paris Orly Airport.

I am very glad to read that you were happy that the hotel is this close to the airport and has different transportation options. You also enjoyed the lobby and restaurant.

I understand that the size of the room was not up to your expectations and that there was no room upgrade available. I would like to inform you that we have different room types available, for exampe the Hilton Guestroom Plus, the Deluxe Room and Junior Suite.

I hope that you would have the occasion to come to the hotel again to try one of these rooms.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

Great hotel!! Very clean, safe, large room, elevator, excellent staff and very helpful. Antony metro stop IS in zone 3 and a free bus runs from Antony to Orley Quest. For 6 nights it was by far the best value I found in Paris. Only problem is no early transit to CDG except taxi. About $95.00

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank Tracy L
NvanKuler, Manager at Hilton Paris Orly Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for sharing your experience in the hotel with us.

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular the room, the excellent staff and the transport possibilities. Please note that you reserve an early shuttle bus to the airport and the bus to Charles the Gaulle leaves from there at 6 am.

We look forward to welcoming you again in Orly.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

I was very, very disappointed with this hotel. I've always liked the Hilton brand of hotels, which is why I decided to stay here for one night on a business trip. Big mistake! My room was not up to par with the Hilton brand! Upon walking into the room, I noticed the smell first (very stale, almost moldy smell). The windows don't open so there was no way to let in fresh air. Apart from the smell, the room was very, very basic - white walls, white bed, small desk, wooden floor, nothing else. The bathroom was designed very poorly - the shower head is very strong for such a small space, and water literally does everywhere.

The one positive is that the staff was very professional and nice (though, they should be for the price).

Overall, I think management here is very poor. Either that or the Hilton hotel brand is not what it used to be... After a night here, I have no intention of staying in another Hilton property anywhere. Ugh!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
HiltonOrly, Front Office Manager at Hilton Paris Orly Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments with us on Trip Advisor.

I took note of your comments and i will make sure that the negative points will be shared for action with our chief engineer and executive housekeeper.I am also happy to see that you were satisfied with our staff attitude.

I hope that i will see you soon in our property.
Please feel free to contact me for any further request.

Best regards

Reviewed 6 June 2013

The Orly Hilton hotel dates from 1965 and had its last complete renovation in 2001. The hotel offers 340 rooms on 6 floors: 307 double-bed rooms, 52 three-bed rooms and 7 suites. The Orly Hilton tries to disguise that it is outdated.

The hotel is at walking distance from ORY terminals and a long way from the centre of Paris. Between the terminal and the Hilton, roads form a labyrinth. To reach to the hotel with luggage, better wait for the complimentary hotel shuttle. Be prepared that the shuttle can be overcrowded.

We had a standard 24m2 room, adequately furnished and decorated, with good beds. Windows cannot be opened, so forget fresh air. Walls are relatively thin. Bathroom is OK with washbasin, bathtub and a shower over the bath. Both room and bathroom were clean. The buffet breakfast is good with ample variety. Staffs are attentive and service is efficient. WiFi internet is totally overpriced at €5 an hour and €17 a day.

Basically, this hotel caters to guests who fly-in or fly-out of ORY. Orly Hilton adapts its pricing strategy to business guests.

If you like being close to the airport and you don't care about being heavily overcharged for food, drinks and internet, please book. If you care about value for money: find yourself another hotel. For its attempts to be a ‘leading hotel’ the Hilton Orly fails.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo

Dear Ms Piket

Thank you very much for sharing your comments with us on Trip Advisor.
I had a special attention to your constructive comments and shared them with our department heads for our guest satisfaction action plan.

Please feel free to contact me for any further information or request for your next stay in Paris

Best regards

Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

Upon entering my room I always check my room. Everything OK except the bathroom, the floor was full with black long hair. Impossible that this bathroom was cleaned in between the previous guest and my arrival. Unacceptable error for a Hilton hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
NvanKuler, Manager at Hilton Paris Orly Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Dear guest,

thank you very much for posting a review with your mobile phone regarding your stay in the hotel.

I am really surprised to hear that your bathroom was not cleaned. There must have been a misunderstanding as our rooms are cleaned by our maids and then checked by a supervisor. I am very sorry for the inconveniences suffered and am very happy to see that our team immediately proposed to clean the bathroom or change rooms.

We hope that we can welcome you again soon in the hotel to have a great stay.

Yours sincerely,

Nancy van Kuler

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orly
Ibis Paris Orly Aeroport
Ibis Budget Paris Orly Aeroport
Mercure Paris Orly Aeroport
Novotel Paris Coeur d'Orly Airport
Grand Hotel Senia
Grand Hotel Senia
#2 of 7 in Orly
Best Western Plus Paris Orly Airport

Been to Hilton Paris Orly Airport? Share your experiences!