“Good breakfast, nice lobby, rest could use revamp”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Orly
GreenLeadersBronze level
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
“Good breakfast, nice lobby, rest could use revamp”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Breakfast was great, friendly staff. Lobby looks great and modern. (Family-)Room was decent, but needed a revamp. I've heard rooms are being refurbished, but the room I stayed in hadn't been done yet. Still, the beds were very good.

High price for Wifi. Should be complimentary these days!

No discomfort due to airplane noise at all.

Road to hotel is very confusing, no signage for Hilton.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
ORYHIGM, General Manager at Hilton Paris Orly Airport, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us.

We would like to inform you we do offer free internet to our guests in the lobby, the bar and the restaurant.

Please, be assured I will discuss your feedback within my team.

Hilton Paris Orly Airport

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Keizer, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

The service was good and acceptable for the Hilton standard but the room is the worst Hilton room I've ever stayed in and I stay at least 100 nights a year for 20 years! The walls are cracked and peeling, the door frame in the bathroom is rotted. The bathroom door won't close, toilet runs, TV is ancient with no guide, and this is after the air conditioner didn't work so I had to move, etc. This is not Hilton quality by any stretch so I would not stay here again. Too bad because the morning breakfast is very good, the service is good, the van to the airport is great but the hotel needs some very serious maintenance!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VictoryVisionTim
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is incredibly valuable to us, as it best evaluates our product and services offerings.

Please, rest assured your comments regarding your room have been discussed within my team and I want to apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Dunedin, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Traveled to Paris with the family on a 2-day visit from London in July 2014. Stayed here because I could use my points. The staff was very professional and very friendly. We arrived prior to check-in but were upgraded to better rooms. The rooms were clean, roomy, and very comfortable. Most importantly for us, there was a World Cup game that started at 10pm that night and the hotel not only put the game on the large screen near the bar, but had plenty of staff to handle the late night crowd that watched the game. If you are not traveling via Orly, the hotel is a bit out of the way, but we knew that when we booked the room. Very happy with our stay.

1 Thank Jason W
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. It is so pleasant to read that you are extremely satisfied with your recent visit; such satisfaction really makes my day!

As you can no doubt imagine in our industry excellent service is expected, and rightly so and any bad experiences are always commented about. It is a rare pleasure to actually hear from a valued guest like yourself when your expectations are met or even exceeded. I have shared your feedback with our team members concerned.

Thank you again for your loyalty and I hope that we will have many more opportunities to serve you in the not too distant future.

Yours hospitably,

USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at hilton for a few days before I caught my flight to Madrid Spain very pleasantly surprised a spacious room I was upgraded to a junior suite they bought a refrigerator and microwave to my room complimentary drinks the staff spoke English well extremely pleasant the room was super clean and everything's working I read the reviews and it is nothing like what I experienced. THE hotel is convenient to the airport with a free shuttle and up to Hilton standards they met all of my expectations especially the courtesy of the staff which was extremely pleasant and attentative to all my needs. The buffet offers a variety of dishes and the bar atmosphere was nice.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank mark d
Dear Mr. Mark,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience via TripAdvisro. It is so pleasant to read that you are extremely satisfied with your recent visit; such satisfaction really makes my day!

Thank you again for your loyalty and I hope that we will have many more opportunities to serve you in the future.

Yours hospitably,

Miami, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is not at Hilton standard.. The room was motel type, the shower head was broken, no ice machine, and you still had to pay Hilton rates with motel feel. If you can find another Hotel go ahead unless you are looking just to sleep not spend any time at all in the hotel. The good thing is that it is close to the Airport (but for some reason taxis cannot find it) and it has a shuttle that runs every 10 minutes.. from the airport you have access to buses and Orlyval that would take you to any destination. Some of the staff are very friendly and helpful.. Others can you see you standing there to be helped and will completely ingnore you. I will not be staying there again.

1 Thank Glo001
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. The experience you have had during your stay is definitely not the quality we aim for, as we strive to give all guests a warm welcome and farewell. We would like our guests to consider our hotel as a home away from home and it is much to my regret that in your case we did not succeed. I will discuss your comments within my team.

Hilton Paris Orly Airport

Travellers are raving about these Orly hotels

London, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed here on 8 July. We were part of a group and 7 of the 15 rooms booked were already occupied when we arrived! They sorted it out quickly though. Our room (155) was quite hard to find and was not up to normal Hilton standards. Though the bed was comfortable and the room clean, the bathroom had a leak and the fittings were loose. Breakfast was good though.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
ORYHIGM, General Manager at Hilton Paris Orly Airport, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I sincerely regret to read you were not convinced with the Hilton service and quality we pride ourselves in. As we are constantly reviewing the services we provide, we hope to welcome you back soon to re-establish your faith in our hotel.

Biloxi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Pros: very convenient to airport (once you find it!), nice clean room, reliable shuttle, friendly staff, reasonable room rate.

Cons: very difficult to find the entrance in the labyrinth of lanes approaching Orly Airport, even when the hotel is in plain sight. We circled several times. The approach is not marked at all, and if we had not spotted the subtle Hilton logo on the top of the building, we may never have found it. The address did not register with the GPS, so call the desk and get good directions.

Our wake-up call came 45 minutes earlier than we asked, inexcusable in an airport hotel.

I asked for two twins and received 1 kingsize bed. (That was partly my fault because I neglected to put on the reservation that there were 2 of us.)

Extra charges for parking, wifi and breakfast are quite high.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Hilton Paris Orly Airport
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orly
Ibis Budget Paris Orly Aeroport
BEST WESTERN PLUS Paris-Orly Airport
Howard Hotel Paris- Orly Airport
Howard Hotel Paris- Orly Airport
#1 of 2 in Paray-Vieille-Poste

Been to Hilton Paris Orly Airport? Share your experiences!