“Good hotel, service patchy”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Orly
GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“Good hotel, service patchy”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I'm not not always, like most travellers, over-awed by service levels in Paris; bit of a cliche about customer attention in the city where waiters need a professional qualification in aloofness, I know, but I guess most cliches come from somewhere. My opening experience at this hotel did nothing to dispel the cliche.

This hotel is good in most respects, but I stayed here twice in one week and noted very variable levels of customer service. First time I checked in, about midday, I pointed out that I have a Diamond card and had called ahead and been told in advance that my room would be made available for early check-in (I needed to shower and change for a meeting). I was told the room wasn't ready, and asked to sit in the bar and wait, and someone would come and get me "in a few minutes". An hour later, still no room... and I had to do the chasing, at least 3 times.

Other staff I did have cause to interact with were very good; not the case at reception I'm afraid.

Anyway, the room was very nice, clean, modern, good bathroom, good bed. Breakfast is very good, and the restaurant menu is also very good.

Wifi works well, shuttle bus to the airport is efficient.

Room Tip: One that's ready when you check in!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
ORYHIGM, General Manager at Hilton Paris Orly Airport, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. The experience you have had during one your recent stays is definitely not the quality we aim for, as we strive to give all guests a warm welcome and farewell. We would like our guests to consider our hotel as a home away from home and it is much to my regret that in your case we did not succeed. I will discuss your comments within my team.

Hilton Paris Orly Airport

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 15 August 2014

It is good to stay with family. We get value for the money we pay. Comfortable stay with good conference facilities and hygienic rest rooms and courteous staff. If they improve minor things like providing internet in rooms with wifi facility instead of free wifi internet at lobbing centers alone, it would be good.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Achalapathi Ven... K
ORYHIGM, General Manager at Hilton Paris Orly Airport, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Achalapathi V. from India,

Thank you for your excellent review on with regards to your recent experience at the Hilton Paris Orly Airport.

Your positive feedback is shared with our team, and we would like to thank you for taking the time to comment and post on TripAdvisor.

We hope to have many opportunities to welcome you back.

Hotel Manager
Wassenaar
Reviewed 5 August 2014

After a great holiday me and my wife decided to finish in style and stay at the Hilton Orly, easily accessible by the free shuttle service directly from the Airport.
After a long journey the only thing we could think of was a shower, dinner and a comfortable night of sleep and all these boxes were ticked.
Room was very comfortable and looked it was recently and well refurbished, bathroom was comfortable.
Restaurant and bar located at the ground floor offered a well varied menu and had even our favrourite scallops and foie gras on the menu, what a treat.
The staff were able to communicate well, my French is not that good so was helpful they spoke English.
After a very comfortable night of sleep (windows are sound proof) a delicious breafast and a speedy check out it was time to hit the road again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rod77
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience on TripAdvisor. It is so pleasant to read that you are extremely satisfied with your recent visit; such satisfaction really makes my day!

As you can no doubt imagine in our industry excellent service is expected, and rightly so and any bad experiences are always commented about. It is a rare pleasure to actually hear from a valued guest like yourself when your expectations are met or even exceeded. I have shared your feedback with our team members concerned.

Thank you again for your loyalty and I hope that we will have many more opportunities to serve you in the not too distant future.

Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Breakfast was great, friendly staff. Lobby looks great and modern. (Family-)Room was decent, but needed a revamp. I've heard rooms are being refurbished, but the room I stayed in hadn't been done yet. Still, the beds were very good.

High price for Wifi. Should be complimentary these days!

No discomfort due to airplane noise at all.

Road to hotel is very confusing, no signage for Hilton.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us.

We would like to inform you we do offer free internet to our guests in the lobby, the bar and the restaurant.

Please, be assured I will discuss your feedback within my team.

Oro Valley, Arizona
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

The service was good and acceptable for the Hilton standard but the room is the worst Hilton room I've ever stayed in and I stay at least 100 nights a year for 20 years! The walls are cracked and peeling, the door frame in the bathroom is rotted. The bathroom door won't close, toilet runs, TV is ancient with no guide, and this is after the air conditioner didn't work so I had to move, etc. This is not Hilton quality by any stretch so I would not stay here again. Too bad because the morning breakfast is very good, the service is good, the van to the airport is great but the hotel needs some very serious maintenance!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VictoryVisionTim
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is incredibly valuable to us, as it best evaluates our product and services offerings.

Please, rest assured your comments regarding your room have been discussed within my team and I want to apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Dunedin, Florida
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Traveled to Paris with the family on a 2-day visit from London in July 2014. Stayed here because I could use my points. The staff was very professional and very friendly. We arrived prior to check-in but were upgraded to better rooms. The rooms were clean, roomy, and very comfortable. Most importantly for us, there was a World Cup game that started at 10pm that night and the hotel not only put the game on the large screen near the bar, but had plenty of staff to handle the late night crowd that watched the game. If you are not traveling via Orly, the hotel is a bit out of the way, but we knew that when we booked the room. Very happy with our stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jason W
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. It is so pleasant to read that you are extremely satisfied with your recent visit; such satisfaction really makes my day!

USA
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at hilton for a few days before I caught my flight to Madrid Spain very pleasantly surprised a spacious room I was upgraded to a junior suite they bought a refrigerator and microwave to my room complimentary drinks the staff spoke English well extremely pleasant the room was super clean and everything's working I read the reviews and it is nothing like what I experienced. THE hotel is convenient to the airport with a free shuttle and up to Hilton standards they met all of my expectations especially the courtesy of the staff which was extremely pleasant and attentative to all my needs. The buffet offers a variety of dishes and the bar atmosphere was nice.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank mark d
Dear Mr. Mark,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience via TripAdvisro. It is so pleasant to read that you are extremely satisfied with your recent visit; such satisfaction really makes my day!

Thank you again for your loyalty and I hope that we will have many more opportunities to serve you in the future.

Hilton Paris Orly Airport
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orly
Ibis Budget Paris Orly Aeroport
Best Western Plus Paris Orly Airport
Howard Hotel Paris- Orly Airport
Howard Hotel Paris- Orly Airport
#1 of 2 in Paray-Vieille-Poste

Been to Hilton Paris Orly Airport? Share your experiences!