“Noisy Rooms but Convenient for the Airport”

Ibis Paris Orly Aeroport
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Orly
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 January 2011

I stayed here my first and last nights in Paris because of the location, which is unbeatable if you're flying from Orly. I would not stay here again however, because the walls seemed very thin. The first night was alright, but I heard the constant slamming of doors (probably once every 15 seconds) the last night. This did not make for a particularly good night sleep. I stayed in different rooms on different floors for the two stays, so it probably depends on which room your assigned. The staff was nice and the rooms were clean though.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mickw84
Write a ReviewReviews (2,381)

Reviewed 15 November 2010

We stayed here for one night to be able to catch an early morning flight to Venice. It was perfect for this, nice bed and a very very quiet room. The rooom and the bathroom/toilet were small, but big enough for the two of us and perfect for the one night.

We had a nice meal in the resturant attached too, so we didn't have to leave the building once we got settled in.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2010

I stayed in this hotel with my family because of a delayed flight. This hotel is conveniently located on the airport and a airport-operated bus service runs all day every 5-10 minutes to take you from terminals to this hotel and trip takes less than 10 minutes. Rooms are basic but confort is reasonable. There is very little service in this hotel apart from breakfast, and very little to do apart form watching TV is your room. I would not stay more than one night in this hotel but anyway it is pretty good value for an overnight sleep.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2010

I was at this hotel during one night, after loosing my flight, and i liked very much. The rooms were confortable, the service was good and when i've dinner at the restaurant, it was a very nice surprise. Usually i don't like to dinner in hotel's restaurants, but i didn't have any other option that night and service was cozy; the quality of the food was very good as well. I strongly recommend to stay there, mainly if you have a early flight in the morning.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2010

I had a very clean room. Much roomier than any room that I had in Europe during my 24 day stay. I felt safe and secure. There was no AC - which would've been a serious problem had it have been warmer! The breakfast was well worth the money - a good variety of items. The staff was definitely NOT helpful. I stood at the desk for almost 20 minutes before someone looked up from what they were doing to ask if I needed something. Certainly don't expect to get anything from the staff very quickly.

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed 5 June 2010

We needed a place to stay for one night when our flight to Barcelona was cancelled. This hotel was an acceptable choice in a pinch. I'm not sure if the A/C was working but we really didn't need it later in the evening. The beds were hard, but reasonably comfortable. If you're picky about toiletries in the bathroom, bring your own--they just have a combination bath/shampoo gel and nothing else. On the whole it was okay, but I usually stay at 3 star hotels and this was definitely a notch below my usual choices.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2009

I was there in the middle of summer and the foyer was warm like a sauna. I didn´t mind until I got in my room (464) and the "ar conditioner" was broken. I had to sleep with the windows open and still I suffered from the heat.

Also, I had a problem with my online reservaton that was charged 2 times, as if it was a reservation for 2 rooms. That´s not a Ibis-Orly problem, obviously, but when I explained to them that the reservation was wrong and asked them to cancel one of the rooms they(the two at the reception) just shruged and said they would ask the person that was responsible for the reservation to see if it was possible to do it. It was late and I had to leave early in the morning so I couldn´t talk to this "reservation" person, so now I have two charges on my credit card and a general hotel email to call to. I´ll email them right now to try to cancel the extra charge.

Once again, the reservation was not a hotel staff mistake. It was made online, by me. But the way the staff at Ibis-Orly ran it was shamefull. They actually looked bored to their bones while talking to me. And I was talking in french. They just could´t care less.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orly
0 mi away
Novotel Paris Coeur d'Orly Airport
Mercure Paris Orly Aeroport
Best Western Plus Paris Orly Airport
Kyriad Orly Aeroport - Athis Mons

Been to Ibis Paris Orly Aeroport? Share your experiences!