“Not bad at all”

Mercure Paris Orly Aeroport
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Orly
Reviewed 7 March 2013

We stayed here for one night as we had a very early departure from Orly airport the next day. I picked this hotel because of the price and because their shuttle buses started at 4:45am whereas others didn't start until 5am or after. Very convenient when your flight is at 6:20and you need to be at the airport at least 1 hour before departure. The staff was friendly and the room was clean. I like the huge bathroom. The restaurant was good, we ate dinner there. I really have nothing bad to say about this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 31 October 2012

Stayed here for two nights as I was flying in and out of Orly.

Shuttle bus service to / from airport was fine.

Building looks a bit grim - like something on an industrial estate, but was OK once inside. Room was OK, clean and tidy, large bathroom, but mini bar was empty.

Free WiFi through the building was useful, Staff were helpful, breakfast was just about OK.

Not sure I would class it as 4 star, but OK if you just need a decent bed for a night close to the airport

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I spent two nights at the this hotel. The hotel is way out from the city center and not advisable if you want to explore the city. Very limited options for room service. The hotel has an elevator which cannot be seen even anywhere. We got stuck in the elevator. I pushed the emergency button and the reception staff answer from within the desk. They do not have the courtesy to rush to the spot. The hotel provides shuttle only to ORLY airport and not to CDG Airport. The hotel reception staff have no idea on local tours and places of interest. They have no interest to provide further guidance.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2012

This hotel does not deserve to be called a Mercure Hotel. Looks like a converted warehouse, with an elevator to match. Very narrow beds, shower leaked all over the floor and the furniture looked like it was bought at a consignment store.
We will definitely not stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2012

It was a one night stay before my departure back home to Indonesia in the morning, so I don't really look for service or anything, just a simple comfortable place to sleep.
I booked the room via Agoda, and when I arrived, the staff was so friendly, my reservation went well and she gave me the key, but did not show me the room, but hey, when we're in French, don't expect too much from the service line, otherwise you'll be much disappointed. I had lil problem with the card key, I needed to go back to recept and took the new one, hoping one of the staff would go up with me, but no :) they said, "just leave your bad in the hallway, it's ok, it's safe :)
Well, enough about the service, I finally entered the room and surprised to see that it was actually quite spacious. The bathroom is so clean, the bed, the couch were really soft and bouncy, it made me wished I stayed longer there (I arrived at 9 pm).
I did not take the breakfast because it would take an extra charge of around 8 - 10 euro, and my plane was a bit early in the morning so I didn't have much time for breakfast.
What made me feel happy was the shuttle bus was really on time, the driver was not really helpful with the luggages tho we cannot expect him to do an extra job like in Indonesia :) but you should remind that if you carry an extra large luggages.
I wish I booked the room earlier so I could get a discount, I paid 90 euro to Agoda, but it worth the money, so overall my stay was memorable :)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank hannywishnuardi
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Arrived VERY late without reservation. Got excellent service and a good price. Receptionist took her time to find a room not bpther by earlybird catching flights since we were knackered and needed to sleep-in. ALSO got late check out offered. SO HAPPY with all this.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Ive been to this hotel twice, with two slightly different experiences. The first time back in march) I was on the first floor and my room was nice, plain, clean and basic. Coffee and tea facilities available and large bathroom. My stay was fine but my chicken Caesar salad I had for dinner was really run of the mill.

This time my room was on the lower floor, and I can hear everything, corridor noise, planes taking off and people in other rooms. This is not good, the room itself is just as before, which is fine, but the noise is very irritating. The dinner I had this time, swordfish with broccoli purée was very nice though. A bit on the expensive side at 18 euros but I presume this is the going rate for an airport hotel meal.

• Stayed: July 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orly
Ibis Paris Orly Aeroport
#2 of 6 in Orly
1 mi away
Best Western Plus Paris Orly Airport
Novotel Paris Orly Rungis

Been to Mercure Paris Orly Aeroport? Share your experiences!