“Great place to lay your head ready for early morning flight - nothing fancy”

Mercure Paris Orly Aeroport
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Orly
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great place to lay your head ready for early morning flight - nothing fancy”
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I've stayed here a couple of times over the past year and have always found it be a clean and pleasant place. nothing fancy and very handy for late arriving or early morning flights. Room service menu is basic to say the least but the food is good on the whole. Staff speak OK english. My hotel of choice for Orly.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Somerset
Reviewed 12 March 2013

We have used the Mercure hotel at Orly on several occasions purely because of its practicality. The hotel is so close to the airport terminals and the frequent free shuttle service makes it very convenient. Staying overnight before an early morning flight makes the journey easier and less stressful, than having to drive to the airport early the same day.

We always book the room on line, as the price is so much cheaper than the price displayed in the lobby. The rooms are contempory, attractive and of a reasonable size, but I would only give them 7/10 for their cleanliness. The rooms though quiet and comfortable are always far too hot, despite having switched off the central heating. I find it difficult to sleep well because of this. We discussed the problem at reception and were told that here was no air conditioning at this time of the year to cool the room down and as the windows are triple glazed and sealed it is impossible to open them.

The public rooms, on the whole, are pleasantly decorated, but part of the restaurant area is very much in need of updating. The dishes on the menu there sound appetising, however when they are presented at table, I consider that this is not the case. I ordered sea bass, accompanied by basmati rice and a ‘wok’ of vegetables at 22euros. The fish was over cooked and rubbery; the rice insufficiently cooked and the vegetables had not been cooked in a wok. They seemed to have been cooked in a micro-wave. The dessert a ‘Mille Feuilles’ of guava at 7 euros proved to be even more of a disappointment. It seemed to be composed of liquid cream and guava syrup which had been squirted from a syphon onto a few small pieces of Filo pastry. There wasn’t a piece of fruit in sight. This had very little taste. I thought that the whole meal was very poor considering the hotel has a 4star rating.

The staff at the hotel are friendly and try to be helpful.

If this hotel was not so conveniently situated for Orly airport users, I would not be going there again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Orly hotels

Sarcelles, France
Reviewed 7 March 2013

We stayed here for one night as we had a very early departure from Orly airport the next day. I picked this hotel because of the price and because their shuttle buses started at 4:45am whereas others didn't start until 5am or after. Very convenient when your flight is at 6:20and you need to be at the airport at least 1 hour before departure. The staff was friendly and the room was clean. I like the huge bathroom. The restaurant was good, we ate dinner there. I really have nothing bad to say about this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Stayed here for two nights as I was flying in and out of Orly.

Shuttle bus service to / from airport was fine.

Building looks a bit grim - like something on an industrial estate, but was OK once inside. Room was OK, clean and tidy, large bathroom, but mini bar was empty.

Free WiFi through the building was useful, Staff were helpful, breakfast was just about OK.

Not sure I would class it as 4 star, but OK if you just need a decent bed for a night close to the airport

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I spent two nights at the this hotel. The hotel is way out from the city center and not advisable if you want to explore the city. Very limited options for room service. The hotel has an elevator which cannot be seen even anywhere. We got stuck in the elevator. I pushed the emergency button and the reception staff answer from within the desk. They do not have the courtesy to rush to the spot. The hotel provides shuttle only to ORLY airport and not to CDG Airport. The hotel reception staff have no idea on local tours and places of interest. They have no interest to provide further guidance.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Mill Valley, California, USA
Reviewed 10 September 2012

This hotel does not deserve to be called a Mercure Hotel. Looks like a converted warehouse, with an elevator to match. Very narrow beds, shower leaked all over the floor and the furniture looked like it was bought at a consignment store.
We will definitely not stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 28 August 2012

It was a one night stay before my departure back home to Indonesia in the morning, so I don't really look for service or anything, just a simple comfortable place to sleep.
I booked the room via Agoda, and when I arrived, the staff was so friendly, my reservation went well and she gave me the key, but did not show me the room, but hey, when we're in French, don't expect too much from the service line, otherwise you'll be much disappointed. I had lil problem with the card key, I needed to go back to recept and took the new one, hoping one of the staff would go up with me, but no :) they said, "just leave your bad in the hallway, it's ok, it's safe :)
Well, enough about the service, I finally entered the room and surprised to see that it was actually quite spacious. The bathroom is so clean, the bed, the couch were really soft and bouncy, it made me wished I stayed longer there (I arrived at 9 pm).
I did not take the breakfast because it would take an extra charge of around 8 - 10 euro, and my plane was a bit early in the morning so I didn't have much time for breakfast.
What made me feel happy was the shuttle bus was really on time, the driver was not really helpful with the luggages tho we cannot expect him to do an extra job like in Indonesia :) but you should remind that if you carry an extra large luggages.
I wish I booked the room earlier so I could get a discount, I paid 90 euro to Agoda, but it worth the money, so overall my stay was memorable :)

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank hannywishnuardi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orly
Best Western Plus Paris Orly Airport
Ibis Budget Paris Orly Aeroport
Ibis Paris Orly Aeroport
Grand Hotel Senia
Grand Hotel Senia
#2 of 6 in Orly
Hilton Paris Orly Airport
Mercure Paris Orly Rungis Hotel

Been to Mercure Paris Orly Aeroport? Share your experiences!