“Lovely hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in South Hykeham
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights and thought that this hotel was brilliant. The room was spacious even with 2 adults and 2 children and we didn't feel cramped at all. The room was extremely clean, with modern furnishings and an absolutely spotless bathroom. The extra touches such as lovely toiletries, flat screen tv and free wi-fi helped to make our stay very comfortable indeed. We all slept well, and even though there was a wedding going on at the hotel on one of the nights we were there we didn't hear any noise from them at all. The breakfast was everything we could have wished for. It was great quality and very well presented, with lots of tasty things to choose from. We were too busy to use the pool, gym or spa on this occasion, but did have a look at the facilities and thought that they looked excellent. The staff were friendly and welcoming throughout our stay, and we wouldn't hesitate to stay here again in the future.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank LCT75
Bentley82, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS Bentley Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
What can we say except thank you ?
Our team were so happy with your review and as I have written many times before it makes their job worthwhile to know they have once again pleased a customer enough for them to write a review such as yours.
I look forward to seeing you again in the future and hope we will once again live up to your standards and expectations.

Our very Best wishes
Carole Wootton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Lincs
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

Not bad but £100 was in my opinion far too expensive for a hotel not in the city centre. Would stay again if it was cheaper but I think I would get more for my money elsewhere. Didn't use the spa so can't comment on that but I've heard it's nice. Have stayed in better Best Western hotels.

Room Tip: If you're a non smoker steer clear from the smoking rooms, our friends had one because that was...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent review on The Bentley.
I am sorry you thought it was a "bit pricey"
I wonder if you actually realised exactly what we have to offer our guests completely free of charge compared with every other hotel around Lincoln.
We have a fully equipped large gym , swimming pool ,heated stone poolside beds,sauna, steam room,and whirlpool.
Perhaps if you stay with us again you will have the time to try all our free extra amenities and to compare hotels equally.
Sincerely C arole Wootton
newcastle england
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

Excellent staff nothing to much trouble even have a young lad/porter that is able to help with the computer when I wasn't able to log on. Rooms are clean, bed well made and the double bed is a double not two single beds together. The pool is nice when I used it the changing room needed cleaning! Will try the gym on my next visit. Breakfast is a buffet with quality food. Overall a good quality hotel with excellent staff.

Room Tip: If you want a quite room ask when booking
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bentley82, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS Bentley Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I amsorry the changing room needed cleaning and can assure you it is checked at regular intervals . they obviously slipped up on this occasion:howevr I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will join us again in the very near future.
Kind regards
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

This will be the third time I have stayed at this hotel, and would recommend it to any visitors.

Despite visiting during the weekend of Waddington Airshow, and therefore very busy, the hotel still had a relatively calm feel. There was a school prom on the first night, and I have noticed this is a traditional thing each year, there is no noise disturbance at all. The bar could have done with another member of staff though

The rooms are a decent size and the free wifi works ok in any rooms but the ground floor rooms.

The reception staff are very helpful and were most apologetic when I had to ask twice to get the air conditioning fixed. The upside of this means I was there during a rare day of warm weather during this dreadful summer!

Parking is plentiful and there are a couple of pubs within walking distance. Would recommend the closer one as opposed to the Brewers Fayre as the staff are friendlier which as a single traveller is important.

Room Tip: All rooms I have stayed in have been fine
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Njm1971
Bentley82, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS Bentley Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 22 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review The Bentley.
We are all delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us once again ,and hope to you will return very soon
Best wishes
Carole Wootton.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

Just stopped here for a quick weekend away, and it was lovely. It's larger than it looks on the outside, but the staff were friendly and made it feel homely and welcoming. There are two pubs within walking distance, for those with families who wish to have a cheaper meal (Square Deal and Brewers Fayre type).

We had one or two minor gripes that were dealt with very efficiently. We spent time in the pool on Sunday morning, my only complaint would have been that children aged 12ish were in the sauna and steam room, but the whole spa and pool complex were clean and warm!

The hotel is about 5 miles outside Lincoln, well worth getting a cab into the City and exploring the bars!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments . We take all reviews seriously and are delighted when they are so positive.
I am sorry that Children under 16 are not allowed in the Spa & Sauna but it is for Health & Safety reasons only.
However. We were pleased to learn that you still had a very enjoyable stay and hope to see you again.
Sincerely
lincoln
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

I am really familar with this hotel having attended it for many work conferences but this was my first overnight stay to attend a family wedding. We had a family room on the ground floor. On check in the room wasn't ready (we were really early - I didn't mind) but the check in staff apologised profusely and my daughter and I got to wait in one of the comfy leather sofa's in reception, I didn't want to get up !!. Whilst waiting I heard the reception staff make all possible efforts to get the room sorted as quickly as possible and another member of staff came over especially to apologise again and to check that we were OK and offered drinks. The staff were really pleasant and seemed genuinely committed to customer comfort and service. The room didn't take long to clean and we soon given the key. On opening the door, I was pleasantly surprised, it was a big room which contained a king size bed, bunk beds together with a table and chair and all the usual facilites. The decor was nice, it had character, not ultra modern but it made a pleasant change from the often bland beige corporate decor of other hotels I've stayed at. The room was spotless and felt really homely. My daughter was delighted by the bunk beds and the large flat screen TV. The room offered AC which we didn't use preferring to open the window for air - yes the window actually opened a bonus - (In my experience not all hotel windows open if you have AC.) The room had a bath and shower with complementary products. I took a bath, water was plentiful and hot, my husband prefers showers and said that was good too. The lighting in the bathroom was good enough to put make up on and not look like co co the clown - important when you are going to a wedding. There was also a full length mirror. We had a really comfortable night - no backache here. Unfortunately we didn't get time to try out the pool and spa but intend to next time. Next morning the breakfast was first rate, plentiful and hot with lots of choice. The restaurant staff were polite and attentive. I would stay at this hotel again in a heart beat. Pros - great room, great staff, great breakfast. Cons - not city centre location but still in a good location next to Lincoln's bypass.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
What a lovely review . I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment so thoroughly. The whole of our team here read these reports and were delighted with yours .We are like one huge family here at the Bentley hotel and positive reports give the team a massive boost and make their jobs seem worthwhile.
I hope we are as efficient when you stay with us again.
Best wishes
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

Stayed here overnight to attend the Waddington airshow, which was our first time to both the show and the hotel. Room was comfortable and clean. The only downside was that it smelt very strongly of smoke. It was a non-smoking room (rooms had non smoking signs on them) and neither of us smoke but it meant we had to open the window when we returned to the room to try to air it. The hotel was very busy and I understand this is the arrogance of the previous occupier and I hope the cleaner reported it before we occupied the room.

We made use of the spa facilities (there was a gym but we did not use this). We also tried the Fayre and Square pub (a brand we do not have in our local area) and the food was traditional and good value. There was a school prom going on when we returned but we were not disturbed by this and the room was very quiet, given it is located near a busy road.

Reception staff pleasant and helpful. We would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bentley82, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS Bentley Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 7 August 2012
Thank you for your review .
I am so sorry we didn't live up to your expectations this time.
We always do our best . There are so many small things you were not happy with .I can only apologise
Kindest regards
Washingborough Hall Country House Hotel
Branston Hall Hotel
Branston Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Branston

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Bentley Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!