“A civilised hotel is every sense”

Best Western Plus Bentley Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in South Hykeham
Reviewed 6 November 2013

No wonder this hotel is so popular, it is by far the best hotel in my opinion from the Best Western group of hotels that I've stayed in. It is a civilised hotel purely as the facilities are superb, the bar staff very efficient and friendly, Sky Sports available and most importantly to me, the availability of smoking rooms.
The reception staff are uber reliable, nothing is too much trouble for them and the food is of an exceptional quality both in the hotel restaurant and bar. Again, breakfast is fantastic with very welcoming staff.
The rooms also have efficient Wi-Fi connectivity, are very comfortable at a reasonable price. The bathrooms are lush too. What more can one expect. This is a fine hotel that I look forward to with a great deal of anticipation to visiting again soon.

Room Tip: if possible, ask for a room that doesn't run adjacent to the A46 as these can be noisy due to th...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Bentley82, Owner at Best Western Plus Bentley Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

What a great review . Our team are committed to our guests and try so hard to make you feel at home . This obviously worked so well for you and we are so happy that you took the time to report on your stay with us.
I only wish all our customers were as happy as you were . Many many thanks we look forward to welcoming you back many times
Very best wishes

Reviewed 3 November 2013

My best friend and I needed a relaxing Spa break away. We arrived Saturday morning and the spa staff were so kind and helpful. I had a facial and a flotation cellulite wrap both were excellent. The rasul was amazing and there thermal suite was clean and spacious. We had lunch brought to the relaxation room which was also spotless. The staff were helpful and friendly.
We then checked into the hotel and we chose a smoking room. I expected it to smell "faggy" but it didn't. It was basic and dated but the beds were comfy and the room spacious. I found if left my glasses in the spa ( after removing my lenses) I asked at reception and they informed me the spa was now closed. I explained my situation to a lady and she said leave it with me. Within ten mins they had located my glasses and brought them to the room. I couldn't read any name badges though ( but she wore glasses ) there was a wedding on at the time so the bar was noisy(to be expected) but we took our drinks to our room.
We had a three course dinner which was beautiful. The restaurant staff were polite and friendly and nothing was to much trouble for them either.
Everyone was chatty and we felt really special and taken care of. I've stayed in many hotels around the world and the service of this hotel was on par with the 5* hotel I've stayed in whilst in Malaysia. First class service without being snobbish or stuffy. Just friendly relaxing atmosphere in luxurious surroundings.
We had a spa break package so didn't pay the higher room rates. But still a great stay and I have never felt so relaxed.
Will stay and spa again.

• Stayed: November 2013
Bentley82, Owner at Best Western Plus Bentley Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thank you so much for your comments .Firstly I will inform the girls in the Spa how happy you were with their attitude and facilities .It will certainly boost morale and they are known for their helpfulness.
As for the hotel facilities ,.we as a team are always delighted that you find us amiable friendly and courteous . I hope you will find time to stay with us again when you need to chill out .It is a pleasure to serve customers such as yourselves who take the time to comment
Many thanks once again

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel - good staff, rooms, peace and quiet, service and facilities.
Pool warm and big!
The outside looks quite 70's but don't be put off!
The rooms are big, tea, coffee, lovely white towels and bath robes.
Comfortable beds and good lighting.
Really enjoyed breakfast in our room - no extra charge!
Relaxed atmosphere
If only we could get a deal there - we paid £95 per room per night - B&B.
I felt a little expensive

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

What a lovely revue . thank you so much it means so much to our team not to be taken for granted.
Now the outside oh dear The hotel wasn't built until 1999 ,the architect may not be very happy with your comments re 1977.However we don't mind ,as long as you enjoyed your stay and I hope you will visit us again very soon.
Keep looking on our web site we do have offers on .
Best wishes
Carole

Reviewed 1 November 2013

I really have lost count of how many nights I have spent here over the past few years. I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else in the Lincoln / Newark area before trying here.

Most of the rooms are very spacious, and the few "normal" rooms are a lot better than other offer. If you end up in an Executive room, you seriously could throw a party there!! The beds are all very comfortable, with a good selection of pillows. Bathrooms always clean and toiletries / towels well stocked. Nice size TV's which aren't annoyingly locked into a hotel mode, so connecting a laptop / media player etc is not a problem.

The food, both from the bar (same as room service) and the main restaurant is always fantastic. Always willing to adjust to suit, and change things around as required. The staff are some of the nicest hotel staff I have come across, nothing is ever too much.

Breakfast is a tough one, I know I never need a cooked breakfast, but theirs is so tasty, my willpower is always weakened when I stay here, both with 3 course evenings and cooked breakfasts.

Unlike a lot of hotels with leisure facilities advertising a swimming pool, which is barely more than a large bath, the pool here is a decent and usable 15m long, with adequate width for 8 swimmers (which you will find at 7am!!) (btw it's 107.3 lengths to a mile, so get counting :) ) The rest of the facilities are more than expected for a hotel. Plenty of CV machines, resistance machines, free weights, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi. Plus a full on beauty spa should you require it :).

Always ample parking, even when there are functions on. reasonable wifi, and decent biscuits on the tea tray :) All important after a long day!!

Overall, I find this is one of, if not the, most preferable hotels I stay in within the UK, and with staying in 3-4 per week every week, that's saying something.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul B

What can I say ? Thank you many times . Its a pleasure to accommodate you here at the Bentley .We are all grateful for your long descriptive review . I am amazed you have taken the trouble to tell the readers the length of the pool . What a great compliment to all our team that you keep returning to stay with us and that you rate us so highly.
Please keep returning, we will always try and accommodate you and hopefully you will always have the same service you have previously received.
Very Best wishes from us all
Sincerely

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I have stayed here before, and i highly recommend you stay. The rooms, staff and food are fantastic value.
Tony the barman is a credit to his employer, and the head waiter will cook your scallops at your table in the reaturant.
There is free internet too.
Dont miss staying here

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Paulandbetty

Wonderful . You enjoy everything about us . Your kind comments are a pleasure to read and I will pass them on to all concerned.
Please keep re visiting us
Sincerely

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Following the marriage of our son and now daughter-in-law we would like to comment on the reception, evening celebration and breakfast the following morning.
From start to finish we were all made to feel extremely special from the minute we arrived to the time we left. All the staff were very friendly and as such nothing was too much trouble. Feedback from guests who attended thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Guests who stayed over spoke very highly of the standard of the rooms.
On this basis we would have no hesitation in recommending the BENTLEY as the perfect venue for a wedding celebration.
From both sets of parents..

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Many thanks for your original review . It is good to see a review on a specific function most of our customers stay overnight.
Weddings are one of our specialities and the team love these happy functions I am pleased we met with your expectations and more delighted that you would recommend us to others.
I hope we may be able to see you here for many other functions or maybe a little pampering in our Spa.
Best Wishes

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We came to visit family and needed a hotel near to their home, this was a last minute booking so did not review the hotel as I normally would, so some trepidation, the check in was very quick and the staff were very friendly and helpfuI, the room we had was large and clean with a really good size bathroom and again very clean, there was also plenty of parking space. As our time in Lincoln was short we did not unfortunately have time to make use of the spa and gym facilities but we will be back and hopefully, will be able to make use of them on the next visit, yes, so impressed, will be back. We also had a full hot buffet breakfast next morning which was hot and well cooked and again staff very friendly.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your review . I am delighted that you enjoyed your short stay with us .
Please don't wait too long before you stay again and sample all we have to offer.

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Hykeham
#8 of 14 in Lincoln
Ibis Lincoln
Ibis Lincoln
#1 of 2 in North Hykeham

Been to Best Western Plus Bentley Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!