“80th Birthday celebration”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in South Hykeham
Lincoln, England, United Kingdom
“80th Birthday celebration”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

To celebrate my mums 80th she wanted to invite close family and close friends to celebrate and she chose the Bentley for a lunch time meal , we arrived at different times and sat in a small room to the rear of the bar which gave people time to relax and chat and catch up on old times , When we were ready we all went into the dining area which was very nicely laid out , the meal orders taken and very quickly they arrived ,a good selection was offered and all were very tasty by the response ,everyone went up for the carvery and this also was excellent as for the sweets well I must say what a huge choice and they all looked spot on but I chose the banoffee cheesecake and it was to die for . All in all everyone had a very enjoyable meal to celebrate my Mums 80th just wish we could celebrate more often.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Bentley82, Owner at Best Western Plus Bentley Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Thank you so much for your lovely revue . We are pleased you enjoyed your celebration here with us and that all the food was to your satisfaction. As for the banoffee pie ,it is our secret how we make it so scrumptious so you must have another celebration very soon to try it again.
Kindest regards
carole Wootton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I live in the Northeast my sister lives in Norwich so we met in the middle for a Spa weekend. Twin room £100 each,for two nights bed and breakfast. We thought the Spa treatments were reasonable so we pre-booked 3 each, planning to spend the whole Saturday afternoon relaxing. My sisters train journey was dreadful and we were pretty tense by the time we got to the hotel.
The hotel is situated in a busy area that includes a garden centre, various pubs and eateries, we wondered if it would be peaceful because it was right on a busy bypass.
The place is amazing! from the moment you walk through the door, the place is brimming with the most efficient and friendly staff, nothing is too much trouble. Lovely room very comfortable beds and bed linen.
We went into the gym, its small but adequate, and pool, lovely friendly young man explained the essentials. The area was quiet and very relaxing.
However it was the Saturday that we just did not want to end. We spent the morning just swimming in the pool and then went to the Spa. Undoubtedly the best Spa experience EVER!!
Must give a special mention to Fran and Christina, two gorgeous girls, it was wonderful to spend the afternoon with them, as they expertly relieved out tensions, it was terrific. We were brought tea's and coffee's, then afterwards just relaxed in the quiet room, with orange juice and biscuits, or sweeties, no time limit just stay and relax.
Breakfast was excellent, plenty of good food, served with a smile and efficiency. We had room service twice, again, well priced, fast efficient service.
I honestly cannot fault the hotel. It was a very special weekend for my sister and I and we loved every minute of it. Thank you all.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Linallan
How very kind . What a fantastic review you have given us .I will certainly pass on all your comments to all the staff, they will be delighted that their efforts have paid off once again.
As for the Beauty Spa I have actually printed out your favourable comments and taken them over there. They were so grateful and happy that you had such a good time
Many many thanks
Please come and visit us again very soon
Kind regards
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stayed in the Abie suite which was lovely - in a quiet part of the hotel - no noise from the functions going on. Food as usual was superb, service in the restaurant was poor considering the price of the food - one expects silver service - on this occasion that was not case - terrible service, wrong wine, no veg brought, forgot tea , no one bothered to ask if everything was ok either - this spoilt an otherwise lovely night.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank burgwin49
Bentley82, Owner at Best Western Plus Bentley Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thank you for your fast review . aim pleased to hear how you enjoyed your stay in the Abby suite & chef was delighted you enjoyed your dinner . However I was very disappointed to hear of our service not up to its usual standard . I can assure you this matter will be brought up with the restaurant manager when he is back on duty . There is no excuse for poor service I apologise on behalf of the waitress who served you. It's good to hear this did not impact on your overall stay with us
Many thanks and very best wishes
Carole
middlesbrough
Reviewed 9 November 2013

The Bentley has a very nice spa facility, decent car parking and good sized rooms. It is often used for weddings and can be busy. The restaurant is very nice and serves a good breakfast. The room was clean and tidy and in good condition,. There is wifi but it coverage can be patchy. Nice hotel if you are planning to visit Lincoln without the bother of a city centre hotel or the Waddington air show.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Paul L
On behalf of the whole team I wish to thank you for all your kind comments on your review .
Please come back soon
Regards
Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2013

No wonder this hotel is so popular, it is by far the best hotel in my opinion from the Best Western group of hotels that I've stayed in. It is a civilised hotel purely as the facilities are superb, the bar staff very efficient and friendly, Sky Sports available and most importantly to me, the availability of smoking rooms.
The reception staff are uber reliable, nothing is too much trouble for them and the food is of an exceptional quality both in the hotel restaurant and bar. Again, breakfast is fantastic with very welcoming staff.
The rooms also have efficient Wi-Fi connectivity, are very comfortable at a reasonable price. The bathrooms are lush too. What more can one expect. This is a fine hotel that I look forward to with a great deal of anticipation to visiting again soon.

Room Tip: if possible, ask for a room that doesn't run adjacent to the A46 as these can be noisy due to th...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
What a great review . Our team are committed to our guests and try so hard to make you feel at home . This obviously worked so well for you and we are so happy that you took the time to report on your stay with us.
I only wish all our customers were as happy as you were . Many many thanks we look forward to welcoming you back many times
Very best wishes
Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2013

My best friend and I needed a relaxing Spa break away. We arrived Saturday morning and the spa staff were so kind and helpful. I had a facial and a flotation cellulite wrap both were excellent. The rasul was amazing and there thermal suite was clean and spacious. We had lunch brought to the relaxation room which was also spotless. The staff were helpful and friendly.
We then checked into the hotel and we chose a smoking room. I expected it to smell "faggy" but it didn't. It was basic and dated but the beds were comfy and the room spacious. I found if left my glasses in the spa ( after removing my lenses) I asked at reception and they informed me the spa was now closed. I explained my situation to a lady and she said leave it with me. Within ten mins they had located my glasses and brought them to the room. I couldn't read any name badges though ( but she wore glasses ) there was a wedding on at the time so the bar was noisy(to be expected) but we took our drinks to our room.
We had a three course dinner which was beautiful. The restaurant staff were polite and friendly and nothing was to much trouble for them either.
Everyone was chatty and we felt really special and taken care of. I've stayed in many hotels around the world and the service of this hotel was on par with the 5* hotel I've stayed in whilst in Malaysia. First class service without being snobbish or stuffy. Just friendly relaxing atmosphere in luxurious surroundings.
We had a spa break package so didn't pay the higher room rates. But still a great stay and I have never felt so relaxed.
Will stay and spa again.

• Stayed November 2013
Bentley82, Owner at Best Western Plus Bentley Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Thank you so much for your comments .Firstly I will inform the girls in the Spa how happy you were with their attitude and facilities .It will certainly boost morale and they are known for their helpfulness.
As for the hotel facilities ,.we as a team are always delighted that you find us amiable friendly and courteous . I hope you will find time to stay with us again when you need to chill out .It is a pleasure to serve customers such as yourselves who take the time to comment
Many thanks once again
uk
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel - good staff, rooms, peace and quiet, service and facilities.
Pool warm and big!
The outside looks quite 70's but don't be put off!
The rooms are big, tea, coffee, lovely white towels and bath robes.
Comfortable beds and good lighting.
Really enjoyed breakfast in our room - no extra charge!
Relaxed atmosphere
If only we could get a deal there - we paid £95 per room per night - B&B.
I felt a little expensive

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
What a lovely revue . thank you so much it means so much to our team not to be taken for granted.
Now the outside oh dear The hotel wasn't built until 1999 ,the architect may not be very happy with your comments re 1977.However we don't mind ,as long as you enjoyed your stay and I hope you will visit us again very soon.
Keep looking on our web site we do have offers on .
Best wishes
Holiday Inn Lincoln
Holiday Inn Lincoln
#9 of 14 in Lincoln
Holiday Inn Express Lincoln City Centre

Been to Best Western Plus Bentley Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!