“Great hotel”

Best Western Plus Bentley Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in South Hykeham
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

A really good hotel with an added bonus of using the Spa facilities. The restaurant is good with a good choice and first class service. The rooms are a good size everything you need. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Bentley82, Owner at Best Western Plus Bentley Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Thank you so much for your comments .Short and to the point we obviously pleased you in all aspects .
The whole team thank you
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Sincerely

Reviewed 21 February 2014

I don't think I'd choose this hotel for it's location, which is a rather charmless retail park off the A46. However, it will be convenient for business clientele and can accommodate large gatherings such as conferences. My room was great - spacious, large comfy bed, bath and bathrobe (lovely!). The bar was fine and I had a nice snack of an avocado club sandwich. Guests have use of the gym and spa facilities. I didn't use the pool, but it was a nice size - not a miniscule pool like some hotels have. Breakfast was nice. The buffet had fresh fruit salad (my must-have at breakfast) as well as the usual cereals, and a good hot selection (nicely cooked eggs, esp. the scrambled eggs). All of this costs £98 per night, which isn't cheap, so it should be nice. My only complaints relate to the conference aspect. First, the hotel isn't very well kitted out for conferences with regards audio visual equipment (old collapsible projection screens, old projectors, and dodgy sound system). This needs an upgrade. Second, the lunch buffets were extremely heavy on the fried foods, and totally devoid of salads and fruit. A healthier buffet selection should be provided (although admittedly our organisers may have chosen the artery-clogging option). Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Bentley82, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Bentley Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Thank you for your review on your stay with us .I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us .
Your comments re the conference facilities have been noted the P>A> system is actually in the process of being updated we quite agree with you on that point ,however the data projectors are not old .
We use tripod projection screens as clients have the flexibility to move them where they like.
We have certain rooms also with fixed screens.
As for the buffet menus .this is solely down to client choice we have healthy options on all our menus. Your conference coordinator will have chosen your menu.
One other point I would like to clarify is that we are not situated on a retail park , we have a garden centre next door and a pub.
I am grateful for your comments on our breakfast ,bedrooms and other facilities and that you were happy with your stay .
please come back soon

Reviewed 17 February 2014

We only stayed 1 night but enjoyed it very much.
we had a discount because a friend had organised a party there so at £80 per night was with the discount, not sure i would have been as happy having to pay the full price for the room.
We found the room very clean and the staff very friendly. At breakfast the orange juice was not fresh and had a very strange taste but on the whole a very nice breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review on your stay with us .
We are all happy that you enjoyed yourselves and hope to see you again very soon

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Enjoyed the stay but thought it was a bit expensive for what you got. Didnt have dinner here so cant comment. Breakfast was very efficent although the food had been sat there for a while so some of it was a bit dry. Double check booking as it doesnt mention that price is for one person only and you pay more for a second person. Had an executive room but i would probably just have the standard next time as i dont think it warranted the extra money.

• Stayed: February 2014

Thank you for your kind review.
I am sorry you did not understand the way we advertise the rates . The cost of the room is always for two people including breakfast when a double is booked.
If you booked a single room then the rate changes for one person.
I hope this clarifies the situation for you .
I looked forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

I took my partner for the night to celebrate valentines day. Very pleasant staff and spacious rooms. The highlight of the night was the food. The best steak I have ever had. The only thing I would pick at is the price of the room. £97 was a bit pricey. However I would visit again!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your great review . Chef will de delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your meal.
we have many offers throughout the year .Please keep abreast with our website or facebook this will explain the details to you.
Our Spa breaks are often on offer and prove to be very popular.
I hope we will see you again in the very near future.
best wishes

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Just got home from a long weekend stay at this hotel. It fell short of a 4 star hotel.

Bad points: Ours was a superior room; the shower would not turn off properly, the hot water scalded as soon as the tap was turned on, the cold water tap was stiff, the bed and the traffic outside the room was noisy. Breakfast bacon was dry, old and chewy, they burnt the toast, the buffet breakfast was cold, the barman on Sunday evening was miserable and disappeared after our first lot of drinks were ordered so we went to bed at 9pm, the restaurant was chilly due to the wind blowing from reception every time a guest entered the hotel, the evening mixed grill meal was over cooked and the gammon burnt on one side, the jacuzzi was broken on Friday.

Good points: The pool was very clean and warm, the loungers were heated and very relaxing, the steam room was clean and hot, the bar is well decorated and cosy, the restaurant service was good, the room was clean.

I was happy with my stay but I have stayed in better 3 star hotels in the past.

Stayed: January 2014
Bentley82, Owner at Best Western Plus Bentley Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thank you for your review . I am pleased you were happy with your stay .
I am sorry you felt we did not manage the high standards that you required.it is very unusual for us to receive a complaint of this kind and I will certainly pass on your comments to all concerned.
Sincerely

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I love staying at the Bentley, and have done so on a number of occasions. The rooms are always good, and clean, they do an absolutely fab breakfast and have a lovely swimming pool. Not tried the gym because it's not my thing. The staff are always courteous and seem well trained. Plenty of parking too. What's not to like?

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

What can we say Thank you, thank you, thank you.
What a great positive report . I hope we can always please you as much as we do at the moment.
Many kind regards

Washingborough Hall Country House Hotel
The White Hart
The White Hart
#10 of 14 in Lincoln

Been to Best Western Plus Bentley Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!