Best Western Plus Bentley Hotel & Spa
Travelodge Lincoln Thorpe on the Hill(Thorpe On The Hill)(Great Value!)
US$53
Travelodge
Ibis Lincoln(North Hykeham)
US$55
Windmill Farm Hotel(North Hykeham)
US$82
PremierInn.com
US$155
Hotwire.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewssteam roomleisure facilitiesgarden centreswimming pooltrouser pressexecutive roomrestaurant staffgood sizerelaxing stayquiet roomreception staffbuffet breakfastlovely hotelbusy roadchristmas marketmain roadlincolnshire sausages
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Originally booked through Expedia but after almost immediately looking at the hotel's own website for more details we found a wine & Dine special offer which was better than the room rate just booked. Upon calling the hotel the receptionist was very helpful and booked us on the deal rate instead.
On reading the different webpages it is difficult to fathom which Spa facilities are included for room guests or not. You can use the swimming pool, steam room, sauna, jacuzzi and gym as a normal overnight guest.
Restaurant is very good with good choice and reasonable prices - bar food is also available if the dining room is a little too formal for you. We had the set menu on the deal and the choice was very good and not just basic. Breakfast is also very good quality and plentiful (I like the squeezy HP pouches).
Our room was on the 3rd floor, on a corner with 3 windows which made it airy and light but facing the A46 it was noisy at night (Friday especially). Room has a heater and air-conditioning. The room TV is of good quality and SKY Sports is available by selecting analogue input. As usual there is complimentary tea/coffee but never enough milk cartons. Not just this hotel, I know, but why does no hotel want you to have more than 1 brew! We did request more from reception after our meal but it took over an hour to actually arrive (the reception did ring up to apologise and offer a pot of tea) but we just wanted some milk to make a cuppa before bed! All the staff are really polite and nothing was too much trouble.
Overall the hotel is very good but let down by some rooms proximity to the busy A46 and lack of a nice garden (the small one they have is between the hotel and A46). Even the outdoor seating area just overlooks the car park. A bit of screening and planting would make a much nicer outside area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Bentley82, Owner at Best Western Plus Bentley Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Thank you for your very positive review on your stay with us .It is always good to go on our web site before booking as we often have offers of interest at various times.
Unfortunately like many hotels we only have a small garden area, country house hotels are the properties with large areas for recreation therefore we do the best we can with the space allocated.
I am sorry you had to wait for your extra milk, that should not have happened and your comments will be addressed.
Many thanks again
Sincerely
Carole wootton

Reviewed 16 August 2014

On arrival we went to check in having booked a Family room ,a Double room & Disabled room, 2 months previous they managed to get this wrong offering My wife and I a Twin!! after a 5 hr drive you don't need to hear that. anyway they ended up giving us a disabled room with no bath and a sink which i had to kneel down to use. The shower pressure in room 114 was so weak my wife could not wash the shampoo out of her hair.
The Rest of our stay was fine it is a very clean hotel with friendly staff the Pool is great the the food was first class. just let down by the booking and very poor Shower.

Room Tip: Room 114 has hardly any shower pressure.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Bentley82, Owner at Best Western Plus Bentley Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Thank you for your rapid review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us . I have to apologise for the receptionists, over the mistake with your booking. I wish you had asked to be moved to another room when you realised you had been allocated the disabled one ,we would have done everything in our power to change things around although we had full occupancy that evening. We have already looked into your shower problem and would like to thank you for bringing it to our notice. I am pleased it didn't spoil your stay with us and hope you will visit us again.
Best Wishes

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed overnight and were treated like royalty a young lady named Eve was receptionist personified and when we stay again we will inquire if she is on duty and book accordingly she made our stay home from home an asset to your establishment

Room Tip: Rely on the excellent staff
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

On behalf of Eve I would like to say a big thank you for taking the time to mention how special she made you feel. In fact if you would like to nominate her for a Best Western star award you may do so by looking at the Best Western site that is run totally separate from us.
However she will be grateful for your very kind words and I hope we will see you again very soon.
Kindest regards

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I have eaten here with extended family several times over the past few years.The service is good, the staff are knowledgeable about the ingredients in the food. Last Sunday we went to the carvery. I am a coeliac- the staff understand this and were able to tell me that the gravy is gluten free, roast potatoes may be contaminated due to contaminated fat etc . However, I watched with dismay as the chef carving the meat then used the fork to pick up a non-gf stuffing ball and to pick up a yorkshire pudding, steadying it with his carving knife as he put it on a plate. He then stuck the fork into the turkey and carved away with the same knife. When I spoke to him about contamination, he seemed to understand what he had done, but offering to change to fresh implements to carve mine showed a lamentable lack of understanding on a deeper level. I then ordered me a gf plaice from the kitchen (which was ok) and the chef told me that the carrots and bacon and boiled potatoes were gf but nothing else.Fair enough. I was very ill the following morning, with typical glutening symptoms for me. As I had only eaten food prepared by myself that day,apart from the meal out, I can only assume some cross-contamination had occurred at the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank caroline w
Bentley82, Head Chef at Best Western Plus Bentley Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

I am sorry to hear of your disappointment with your Sunday Lunch. You have correctly stated in your review that our Chefs are knowledgeable on all aligens and we take great pride on offering food to all guests with different dietary needs.
The meal you ordered and ate was prepared and served completely gluten free and the chef advised which vegetables would be suitable for you. I have taken your comments about the service of the meat and accompaniments and address this area.
We have many regular customers to our carvery and societies that dine with us, which require Gluten Free meals and have had excellent feedback and return again and again.
When you are next visiting Lincoln I would like to offer you, a complimentary meal with us and end you meal with our delicious homemade gluten free Chocolate Paradise.

A Gregory

Reviewed 10 August 2014

My wife and l booked here for our Sapphire Wedding Anniversary (45 years). It was very last minute. The reception at the hotel on arrival was warm and welcoming they offered us home made flapjack which was delicious. Nothing was too much trouble. We were allocated a room alongside the busy A46(250). It was double glazed and hardly any noise was heard admittedly if you opened the window it could get noisy but not unbearable. The room was well appointed with nice white fluffy towels and dressing gowns. The air conditioning was efficient and quiet.

We had booked the afternoon tea and that was a real treat well worth the money and the staff were very attentive. We had two rounds of sandwiches each, 4 cakes and a large warm scone with James and cream each accompanied by fresh tea.

The pool and other facilities were also excellent and we'll presented. We decided to eat out at a place recommended to us.

Breakfast was another delightful experience well cooked with tasty bacon and Lincolnshire sausages.

There is no doubt small things that l could highlight to undermine the overall excellence of the stay but that would be unworthy. My congratulations to the staff and management who worked so hard to make our stay so enjoyable. This will be the first 5 star rating given by me.

We will be back for there are things we want to do in the area and this would make the ideal base.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Bentley82, Owner at Best Western Plus Bentley Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

How kind .Thank you so much for your exceptional review .We feel extremely privileged to be the only hotel to gain 5 stars from you.
It is refreshing to hear how well the staff treated you and that you had such an enjoyable stay.
I sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future .
Best wishes for your anniversary, I hope you have many more