Yeah, it's OK-ish, I suppose, although in summary I was hoping for a little more. Convenient to get to if you have a car, but forget if you're on public transport, as it's about 6 miles from the city centre. I travelled there with a colleague and we stayed three nights. Her room was apparently OK, but I had a disabled-friendly ground floor room (I'm not disabled). No problem as such, but the wheelchair-access shower meant that the bathroom floor was permanently wet. More seriously, the water in the room was simply never hot. I tried leaving the tap running for 15 minutes, and still the water was lukewarm, hardly adequate for shaving. I complained to the hotel twice, but there was no change.
Rooms are clean, and beds comfortable. A spider did run across my leg one evening while parked up and watching TV (rather restricted choice of channels), but that could happen anywhere; it might even have come in with me!
Evening meal in the hotel was ridiculously pricey, so I ate in the "Beeafeater-y" type place 2 minutes walk away, which was OK as far as it went. Breakfast was standard buffet fare, and hot food in particular was nothing to get too excited over.
In conclusion, OK as a base for a work trip but I wouldn't stay there out of choice, and will probably try somewhere else if I travel to Lincoln again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Bentley Hotel & Spa is privately owned and ideally located on the outskirts of Lincoln. It is the only hotel with a fully equipped gym, indoor swimming pool and brand new state of the art Spa. This is a prime location which is ideally located only 8 minutes from the A1 at Newark, and being on the end of the Lincoln by-pass we are only 5 minutes away from the city centre, perfect if you are visiting for business or coming to see Lincoln's beautiful and historic Cathedral and Castle with their extensive grounds. Other facilities in the Leisure Club include: Jacuzzi, Sauna & Steam Room. We also have a hydraulic hoist on the pool side for people who require help climbing in and out of the pool. The hotel is open to the public with the Martini Bar, Jewels Restaurant and the Spa. We offer Free Internet WiFi access for patrons in all bedrooms and conference suites. The Bentley Hotel has state of the art conference facilities catering for all types of events from 2 delegates up to 350 delegates in various sized suites all with Air Conditioning. The Hotel is licensed to hold Civil Ceremonies & Partnerships in three of our suites, all of which can hold up to 100 guests. We can also cater for all types of Wedding Receptions, Private Dinners and Charity Balls.Check out our special seasonal accommodation offers all through the year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Bentley Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Bentley Hotel And Leisure Club
- Best Western South Hykeham
- South Hykeham Best Western
- Best Western Lincoln
- Lincoln Best Western
- Best Western Plus Bentley Hotel & Spa Lincoln/South Hykeham