“Hmmmm, OK, I guess, sort of......”

Best Western Plus Bentley Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in South Hykeham
Reviewed 19 June 2007

Yeah, it's OK-ish, I suppose, although in summary I was hoping for a little more. Convenient to get to if you have a car, but forget if you're on public transport, as it's about 6 miles from the city centre. I travelled there with a colleague and we stayed three nights. Her room was apparently OK, but I had a disabled-friendly ground floor room (I'm not disabled). No problem as such, but the wheelchair-access shower meant that the bathroom floor was permanently wet. More seriously, the water in the room was simply never hot. I tried leaving the tap running for 15 minutes, and still the water was lukewarm, hardly adequate for shaving. I complained to the hotel twice, but there was no change.

Rooms are clean, and beds comfortable. A spider did run across my leg one evening while parked up and watching TV (rather restricted choice of channels), but that could happen anywhere; it might even have come in with me!

Evening meal in the hotel was ridiculously pricey, so I ate in the "Beeafeater-y" type place 2 minutes walk away, which was OK as far as it went. Breakfast was standard buffet fare, and hot food in particular was nothing to get too excited over.

In conclusion, OK as a base for a work trip but I wouldn't stay there out of choice, and will probably try somewhere else if I travel to Lincoln again.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Bentley Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 9 May 2007

I booked with the Bentley direct, after getting a quote from Laterooms.com. The hotel knocked £25.00 off the on-line price.
Hotel is easily accessible from the A46 and has plenty of free parking. Lincoln is a short car ride away.

We had a standard room, which was surprisingly spacious. Well furnished and clean. Although situated very close to busy A46 we were not affected by traffic noise.

Good health spa with sizeable pool, steam room, sauna and gym. Towels and locker key are provided.

Didn't try the bar , looked pleasant, but smokey, this will change from July.

Nice dining room, where we had one evening meal and breakfast during our stay. Pretty good choice on table d'hote or the a la carte menu and buffet breakfast plentiful. Food was well presented and service was good.

On our last night the hotel hosted a wedding party and in the early hours we were woken by a drunk guest. I phoned reception but got no answer so had to confront the individual myself. Luckily I persuaded him to quieten down and get to his room, but it could have turned nasty. Whilst the hotel can't be responsible for a guest's drunkeness, they should have staff available to deal with this type of problem. I did complain when checking out and asked that my bill be reduced to compensate. The hotel offered a £30.00 reduction, which I felt was reasonable.

All the staff we met were pleasant courteous, efficient and helpful.

Overall I would highly recommend this hotel. We have stayed in higher rated hotels that have not been up to the Bentley's standards. A good choice for anyone visiting Lincoln

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank clintaughjl
Reviewed 8 April 2007

we were let down big time by another hotel in Lincoln for what was supposed to be a very special birthday treat for myself and my husband. we were lucky enough to come across the bentley where the receptionist could not have been more understanding and helpful. we ended up in a lovely room with excellent, clean, modern facilities.

the breakfast staff were very polite and the breakfast itself was lovely.

we would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and in visiting it again.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank running365
Reviewed 25 March 2007

Stayed at the Bently on Business around the end of March 2007 and found it to be above average for a Westie.
It's just off a big roundabout, on a sort of trading estate, so there is always traffic noise,Room was big with a sitting area.Bathroom was quite nice but dimly lit.Tricky trying to shave in twilight.

Didn't try the dinner menu but Breakfast was fine.If you don't want to eat in the hotel there is a Beefeater type place right outside that did a huge mixed grill for £12.00.Further down market there is a McDonald's a few hundred yards away.

All the staff spoke English...Rare nowadays.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Steve486
Reviewed 7 August 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Best Western Bentley hotel for a relaxing, get away from it all weekend in April 2006. We had lovely time, room was spacious and clean. Food in the restaurant delicious and prices reasonable. Breakfast good and plentiful.
The only reason for not giving this hotel an excellent rating was the noise of other guests in the reastaurant, a mature group being rather inconsiderate to other guests and behaving as they would probably fown on other younger people behaving. This though was not really any fault of the hotel or it's staff but did spoil what could have been a perfect weekend. I would definatley recommend this hotel and will be visiting again soon.

• Stayed: April 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank cazanwood
Reviewed 12 March 2006

Large pool and good sauna, steam room and jacuzzi made the hotel something special. I did not visit the gym. Staff friendly and helpful. Food well above average and whilst 'a la carte' was a bit pricey, the 'table d'hote' was resonably priced with a good selection which changed every day. Bedroom was very large. Only disadvantage for some would be that it was quite a way out of the city centre but for those with a car it is well positioned for getting out and about.

• Stayed: March 2006, travelled on business
3  Thank Brunlea
A TripAdvisor Member
Northampton
Reviewed 22 February 2006

Very good and clean hotel. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The Leisure club facilities were great.
My only real critisism is the price in the restaurant for evening meals - in my opinion very expensive. It would be a good idea if they could provide bar meals in the evening maybe as an alternative.

• Stayed: February 2006, travelled on business
#9 of 14 in Lincoln
The White Hart
The White Hart
#10 of 14 in Lincoln

Been to Best Western Plus Bentley Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!