“You get what you pay for? - This is worth more”
Review of Welbeck Cottage

Welbeck Cottage
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Hykeham
Welbeck Cottage
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“You get what you pay for? - This is worth more”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I have just spent 2 nights at Wellbeck cottage( and will return next week) - a more welcoming reception I could not have wished for, I would pay extra for that kind of reception and attention shown to me throughout my stay.

The first morning I asked if my breakfast could be ready for 7, bang on 7 my breakfast was served and what a treat, orange juice, cafetiere coffee and a fullllll English, a choice of cereals and fruit were available but the English was enough for me and I consider myself a big eater.

The second day my job was postponed for a week so I had to cancel the third night I had booked this was no problem - many places could have got a bit uppity at this point but not Margret she said not a problem, you are a real star........

I stayed in the twin room very quiet, excellent wifi, and restful nights sleep all that you need when staying away from home. Its only a small B and B so you get the personal treatment.

I have stayed in many B and B's over the years and this would have to rank in my top three

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Barnard Castle, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I am currently posting this first part of my review whilst lounging on my bed at Welbeck cottage. I have just had a lovely shower after a long drive, having packed all our worldly possessions into a van, ready to move into our new home, in Lincolnshire
Our room is lovely, with restful decor, and every facility you could ever need. Other half is also lounging whilst watching the football on the TV. Looking forward to a good night's sleep, with an early start, made better with what I expect will be a smashing breakfast. Will post part two soon once my move is completed. I think I already know that part two is going to be good! Hope by the time I get to post part two Fern is feeling a little better, with her poor ear...bless..

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Illmitz, Austria
Reviewed 14 September 2013

This summer we stayed at different places all over England. Welbeck cottage was definitely the best one. After a warm welcome Margaret showed us our lovely room. The breakfast was excellent too. We enjoyed our stay there and espacially Margarets and her husbands company. Its a nice quiet place close to Lincoln. We definitely recommend everyone to stay there. Thank you for two great days. Cheers Lisa and Lukas from Austria

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We were delighted to be offered our stay here cos the graduation cermonies were on and it was very difficult to get a b&b for just one night as i rang approx 20 before i got a lovely welcome yes from margaret. We were very stuck as i had our flights booked and it was a funeral for my aunt and we were very eager to just get our heads down on a pillow for the night as our flight was a late one to the east midlands. Margaret's husband was very good to wait up til 1.30 a.m. Thanks alot to him. Very appreciated BY US TWO.Very nice couple and margaret very chatty. The breakfast was 1st class especially the lovely orange juice and the fruit and yogurt and home made jam and tomatoes. The fry was 100% also. The double bed was very comfortable, the only complaint we would have was the shower door was leaking, not shutting properly and the shower was slow just a light spray. Will be back again.

Room Tip: up stairs was very quiet and the area was well located for quietness
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Benfleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Stayed at this B & B for 2nights, was warmly welcomed by the owners Margaret, Philip and very friendly Fern the dog. Rooms were fully equipped and clean bedding. Breakfast was excellent and a wide selection to choose from, very good poached eggs! Margaret was very informative about the local area, just a couple of miles outside Lincoln city. Would stay at this B & B again, thank you.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stephen B
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2013

My Wife and I were visiting Lincoln for the first time. Found Welbeck Cottage on the web and were not disappointed. Very friendly hosts, Margret was a mine of useful local information. Room was clean, comfortable and well maintained, breakfast was excellent with a great choice of food, only problem was not having the stomach size for all that was offered!
Nice quiet location with off road parking about 15 minutes drive from Lincoln centre.
If we visit Lincoln again we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Hosts really friendly including Fern the Springer spaniel lovely homely atmosphere in a rural location, internet access really good and essential for business guests, good value would certainly return when in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
#2 of 3 in North Hykeham
The Gables Guest House
The Gables Guest House
#3 of 3 in North Hykeham

Been to Welbeck Cottage? Share your experiences!