Tenuta di Murlo
Relais La Fattoria(Castel Rigone)
US$158
US$109
  • Breakfast included
Hotel le Rocce sas(Magione)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$87
Hotel el Patio(Corciano)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$81
Agriturismo Ai Lecci(Ramazzano)(Great Value!)
US$74
  • Pool
US$96
US$91
Domo(Perugia)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Wanting to celebrate a 'Big' birthday I was looking for a villa to accommodate a family group of 18!
Luckily friends of mine recommended I visit the Murlo Estate where I found the perfect villa 'Subtilia'. The location is stunning and the staff and owner Carlotta Carabba made every effort to make our stay memorable for my family and we sincerely thank them for that - we shall never forget our time there. We held a party at the house all arranged and catered for by the associated restaurant Il Caldaro - a great job Maurizio and to you and your staff than you. .

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We had a really stunning week in the Torre in mid June. After an apparently wet and cool Spring, we had a couple of 'iffy' days, then the sun came out and it was an amazing place to lounge about enjoying the warmth. The Torre is a beautifully furnished property, much more a home rather than holiday villa. We did look at the other properties too and were very happy with our choice of the Torre. All the rooms were bright and airy but with black-out lining in the bedrooms so it didn't wake you up in the morning. The quality of the soft furnishings was very high; the beds sumptuous and you almost need a step ladder to get into them. The kids were happy in the bunk bedroom - one in a travel cot, the other in the bottom bunk. It would be cosy with four kids in there but I'm sure they'd think it was a fabulous adventure as long as you have good sleepers!

The pool was huge for a private villa (heating was extra and fairly expensive but I think that was on account of the cool Spring) and the gardens were beautiful and very well-kept. There are some steep drops around the garden but our kids didn't try to investigate these even though they are very young, however, you would need to be very careful with toddlers or crawlers. However, the crowning glory of the outside space is the views. Stunning! Just couldn't get enough of staring into the distance of the undulating scenery. The drive up the private roads to the property is relatively steep and gravelly in places so you would need either a light car with a light load or a decent heavy car that has good traction. The privacy is second to none. Not sure I'd want to go out at night though! FYI, the private roads offer great running/walking tracks particularly in the early evening after the heat of the day.

The kitchen is well-equipped, mainly with Ikea stuff but all in good working order and we ate in for all but one lunch all week and it was an easy kitchen to cook in; not spacious but has everything you need. The local produce is exceptional so easy to have delicious meals for very little effort. Supermarket in the local village is perfectly adequate, including baby stuff if you need it (nappies/ wipes/ creams etc); butcher had great produce including fresh pasta; bakers was good for bread to eat that day but wouldn't keep and lacked salt to our palate. We had the cooking service one evening which was a nice break. The food was fine but not outstanding. We also had lunch at the golf club once which again was nice but didn't make us want to eat there every day when we were staying in such a picturesque property. Washing machine on site is also great when you are travelling with kids!

Namal was very helpful and patient and kept the property very clean each day (making beds, cleaning bathrooms and taking out rubbish). He is very knowledgeable about the estate and obviously cares very much about his role which was great to see.

All in all, we loved it and would certainly be happy to stay again in the future!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Great villa and fantastic holiday
We have just stayed one week at Villa San Savino with some friends.
It has been a extremely enjoyable week, the villa is really charming with stunning views!!
The service is what you may have in a hotel with a very kind and professional staff.
The villa is elegantly decorated with taste and all what you may need.
The view you enjoy from the pool is difficult to find, although we have traveled a lot I have never found something similar.
Golf course is absolutely challenging and impressive with the massive XI Century castle on top.
Great food also at the golf clubhouse restaurant, excellent service too.
I would definitely recommend a stay.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank pasinifashion
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We stayed here on may 2013, San Savino villa.

What looks perfect in the pictures, most definitely is not that. It's about 2km from the golf course & the main road so the place is really quiet. However the gravel road to there is in a very terrible condition. In so terrible, that I would definitely not recommend taking your own car there nor would I take a walk there.

Rooms are nice, but when we arrived, all the beds were moist and therefore not very nice to sleep on. The temperature was roughly 16-17C when we arrived and they charged us 1€/m3 for that as additional charge. A total rip-off! I do not think anyone with 6 days in this place has any other chance but to heat it up with their heating system since there is only one fireplace and logs are not easy to find here :) Well, this is Italy and you have to live with that I guess.

Additional our downstairs shower room does not have any ventilation. Due to this there is some damage & mold on the roof in that room. also in the wall close to connection to the floor.

The pool has some dirt in it and the water at this time of the year is so cold that you really cannot swim in it (trust me, I am from Finland).

Kitchen is nice and has all the amenities needed for cooking. Closest grocery shop is about 10 km away and also there is no services close except for some small place in the small village about 4 km away. It is so small that there really is nothing to see.

The Castle that you can see in all the marketing material is closed. It might be build as a hotel in a few years, but for now it is empty. Most likely the project here has some financing difficulties.

Golf course looks great on pics, but is rather average. Greens are shaped nicely and there are a couple of nice holes but otherwise you get bored with it easily. There is a small practice area and a range.

Service personel was very helpful. A Srilankan guy helped as much he could and the cleaning lady kept places tidy.

WIFI in this villa is poor. It cuts off all the time and its also very slow.

Surrounding areas. Assisi is really nice, so was Perugia. I recommend checking them out if you are ever coming to this area.

I unfortunately cannot recommend this place to anyone. Maybe the other villas are better but this one just is not worth the high price.

Room Tip: Avoid San Savino villa
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
carlifra, Proprietario at Tenuta di Murlo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Dear Sir,
I am the owner of the estate.
I feel very sorry for what you have written because we always try to do our best for our guests and we generally succeed and people come back year after year.
I will answer step by step to your points.
The strongest point of our place is the fact that is secluded and private. If you wished to stay closer to a town you should have chosen another location. The road is graveled and the agency should have informed you about it. If not I am sorry but it is their fault. The villa is in a 6000 hectares estate and the golf is only at 3 minutes driving.
The housekeeper told you that the villa could be heated if needed at your arrival and the heating is extra it is written in the contract, you should have known this, maybe another fault of the agency.
The total cost of your stay, that you haven't paid, was 50 Euros for the 6 days so really cheap in my opinion.
If there were problems in the downstairs room you could have chosen one of the other 3 bedrooms because there were only 2 of you in a villa for 8 people. You could then have told it to our guy who would have made everything to try to make your stray more comfortable if needed.
In Italy the season for pool begins the end of May. There is no heating in the pool in this villa, we have it in the other ones,you should have known before coming, so if the weather is bad, I guess this cannot be our fault.
In the estate we provide many services through the staff of our golf course and restaurant and you could have asked and we could have done shopping for you and all kind of services, but you haven't asked for that.
The castle is beautiful and it is beauty for the view, that is what we use it for marketing, we are not saying there is a hotel but there will be a hotel in the near future, so I don't understand what you expected.
Then, if the wifi had problems you could have asked and complained when on site and we would have resolved immediately.
I a very sorry because writing all these bad commentaries, some of them are quite not reasonable, is trying to damage other works where people try to do their best, you should have called me when on site because I would have tried to make your stay more comfortable.
Best regards,
Carlotta Carabba

Reviewed 31 October 2012

We stayed in Caminata and had a wonderful week. As many others have highlighted the pictures really dont do the villa justice, the garden is simply stunning and the interior is of a very high standard. The villa is extremely spacious with a well equipped kitchen. The pool area is also stunning and we loved night swimming with the wonderful pool lights.

Carlotta is excellent, she was extremely responsive whilst booking and was able to deal with any problem - we had a small issue with lots of people turning up one day to do work on the property, cleaners/multiple gardeners/work men etc and she quickly and efficiently dealt with it and ensured we weren't disturbed. Wonderful service from the other members of her team also.

Worth highlighting the road up to the villa is a little rugged, its fun to drive but probably isn't great if you want to arrive in a sports car!

We did not drag ourselves away from the pool often but if we had any complaint it would be that whilst the villa and estate is gorgeous we found the surrounding area to be a little dull. We spent the previous week in Pienza in Tuscany where there was a wide array of lovely villages with gorgeous views and wonderful restaurants/gelateria. Whilst still very pleasant we wouldn't say that this area of Umbria is anywhere near as beautiful nor does it have the quaint towns and restaurant options (certainly not that we could find!). We ate a couple of times in the golf club, the food was ok but there was no atmosphere - in fact, it felt like eating in a golf club.

All in all, we had a wonderful stay and would highly recommend it, we would definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family