“Fantastic Place for School Groups”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Merville-Franceville-Plage
Bon Sejour La Plage
Reviewed 28 June 2012

We have just returned form our 12th trip to "Bon Séjour" which in itself says everything. The whole place is spotless with recently refurbished rooms and ensuite shower rooms, suitable for small groups sharing. The general maintenance of the building is excellent with new windows and decor in most places. The facilities and location are fantastic with swimming pools, crazy golf, and tennis courts and of course, the beach. In the evenings, there is a disco, snooker tables and table football to entertain the children in a safe environment which carries on throughout the night as there is a security person on duty. The food is good and is copious, as are the packed lunches. The staff are accommodating and friendly but will not tolerate unruly or thoughtless behaviour which meets with our approval. The rules of communal living and fire regulations are explained on arrival which takes about three minutes. Should a health problem with a child arise, the management is extremely helpful and professional. All in all, this is a great place to take a school party.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank BMB412

Reviewed 26 June 2012

I have just come back from 5 days in Normandy with 50 pupils aged 11-12 and I am already trying to organise next years trip, so that we can stay here again,
Everyone loved the accomodation!
The staff were very helpful and polite, the bedrooms were clean and the food was great.
The facilities and location were amazing and the pupils enjoyed spending their eveings on the beach or at the disco.
I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to visit Normandy.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank LFoad
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Just got back from an enjoyable stay at Bon Sejour, (18-22nd June 2012) We had an extremely long -(over 18hours coach journey)to get there.
We were greeted by friendly helpful staff. The rooms we were allocated were excellent- very clean and tidy with ensuite shower facilities.
The food was very good and always hot, tasty and very well presented.
Our party consisted of 50 children and 5 staff who all enjoyed their stay at this well located and well run establishment.
I would thoroughly recommend other schools to stay here as it is a very good hospitable base from which to explore the region.
I am looking forward to visiting again next year.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view as the views are phenomenal of the sunset on the beach.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank PJRyton
Reviewed 27 May 2012 via mobile

Worst hotel I have ever stayed in ( I been in alot if hotels )

Good points:
I managed to survive 1 week (somehow)

Bad points:
Door locks broken
Windows swung out too far
Staff were underquallified - smoked on duty - stank of Alchol - coupple of them swore infront of youngish children. Etc
Smoke alarm broken
Food all canned and tasted terrible
Broken vending machine (not that it matterd that much but it took about £2)
Pool was just too bad to describe in words
Loads of old building material everywhere including in the pool

Also I cut my foot on a broken beer bottle

• Stayed: May 2012
18  Thank Jackp241
Reviewed 27 May 2012

It was Awful. Horrible food. Horrible staff. Very poor customer service. Horrible welcome. The place smelt horrible.

Overall : horrible!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
10  Thank Reuben H
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Our school party arrived at the hotel around 5pm after a long day of travelling and just wanted to get in and unpack our luggage- instead of a warm welcome, the manager saw it necessary to tell us hundreds of rules. After hearing all of the rules and feeling like prisoners we were let into our rooms. we were greeted with a fusty smell and a sticky lino floor. The bottom bunk bed was broken, with wood lying on the floor below with nails sticking out and every time my friend moved it squeaked.No bins in the room, dirty bedlinen. The fire alarm clearly needed fixing as 4 of my friends didn't hear it at midnight when it went off and therefore didn't leave their rooms.Each corridor has a 'safe' to lock room keys in, one girl fell into it by mistake and it swung open leaving all of the keys on display for anyone to enter the rooms. The food was canned and inedible. We discovered various pieces of building material lying around the site. The kitchen staff were able to smoke whilst on duty with the door open and it is unsuitable for disabled people as there is no lift to the 1st and 2nd floor where all the rooms are. I have been in many hotels with my family and with my school and I would never ever choose to return to this hotel.

Room Tip: there aren't any!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
17  Thank lizzy1211
Reviewed 26 May 2012

I visited this youth hostel with my school as part of a school trip

worst hotel that I have ever stayed in in my life,
all the pictures of the pool and the beach are glorified and not what it would normally look like,
and notice that on the website they do not show any pictures of the rooms, That's how bad they are.
when we visited no one was allowed to use the pool because they claimed that the drug addicted lifeguard had got drunk one night and arrested and that they had not found a replacement.
The pool itself (from a glance) was unclean and appeared to have some kind of stray building material lying at the bottom of it.
Their appeared to be more of this rubble dumped on the beach outside the hotel.
The food served was of poor quality and had a terrible smell to it.
I found mould on my bread.
the milk for the out of date cereal (the only breakfast option) was warm and had things floating in it.
The rooms were painted a horrible dark yellow and their was a socket hanging off the wall in my room.
their was no hot water
the door of my room did not lock properly
the windows massive opened fully so it would be so easy for anyone to fall out and die (I suggest window restrict-ors)
Their were lots of French children in the corridor outside my room smoking, which proved that the fire alarm was not working (the LED in the alarm never flashed once)
the grass in the garden was dying
the manager stunk of alcohol when i arrived
the vending machine took my money and gave me nothing
the building consisted of those horrible roof tiles (which were all nearly cracked)
and had not been painted in years

worst hotel that I have ever stayed at

awful, would never return
and the place

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
17  Thank Charlie C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Merville-Franceville-Plage
Hotel les bains de Cabourg
#2 of 8 in Ouistreham
La Closerie Cabourg
La Closerie Cabourg
#8 of 14 in Cabourg

Been to Bon Sejour La Plage? Share your experiences!