“Well recommended”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Llanddeiniolen
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Well recommended”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We stayed for one night as we headed for the Holyhead ferry and really enjoyed it. We were put in one of the chalet rooms (19) which is newly decorated and had a great shower. Clean, well appointed room. Polite and friendly staff, they look after you very well. Breakfast was excellent, the best of our trip which included 2 luxury five star hotels, Europe Hotel in Killarney and Shelbourne in Dublin ! Quiet location is great for walking and outdoors but a little distant from town.

Room Tip: Ask nicely !
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Macclesfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We booked into this hotel as part of a long weekend in north Wales, staying for one night here with another spent on Anglesey. The deal we got provided accommodation, a meal and coffee, as well as a breakfast.

The room was comfortable, the bed was very comfortable and everything was clean and well-presented. The only slight issue was the bathroom - it could probably benefit from an update, but we had no complaints with it, everything was neat and tidy.

Having arrived late-afternoon, and with a wet and horrible gale blowing outside we enjoyed an afternoon relaxing and headed down for our meal. Having stayed at 5-star hotels before, I was expecting a limited and uninspiring menu, full of the usual suspects. I was very nicely surprised by the range and impressive options, and the (locally-sourced) lamb that I ultimately went for was probably the best I have ever had. We left the evening meal genuinely as full as we have ever been - always a bonus for a guy who likes his food - and when the cuisine is so well presented and prepared, you sometimes expect to be faced with piddling little meals. This was emphatically not the case!

The staff were attentive and courteous throughout, giving us some local information, tips and tourist pointers as we enjoyed a pre-meal drink at the bar (including the helpful tip not to even try getting up Snowdon in February - which we were planning for the next day...!), and the service was first class throughout.

Breakfast next day was everything you'd want on a Sunday morning, we somehow managed to squeeze in a 'full Welsh' before checking out. Again, all local produce and it absolutely hit the spot.

Staying when we did, in late-winter and after the usual Valentines kerfuffle had died down, we experienced a really peaceful and tranquil environment, in an ideal location for exploring north Wales and Anglesey, as we had done over the course of the weekend.

Overall, fantastic value and top-rate service and accommodation, topped off by a brilliant meal. We'll definitely look to stay again, and would recommend for couples looking to get away and enjoy a staycation.

carmarthen
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Stayed for two nights in February.Had a lovely warm welcome and were really pleased with our room. It was large,comfortable with patio doors leading into the lovely garden. I just wish the weather had been better to make the most of it. We had lovely meals in the restaurant, really top notch. Very impressive choices at breakfast [ I wish I could poach eggs like that ] The owner and her daughter could not have been nicer and made our stay really wonderful. I am hoping to go back when the weather improves to make the most of the gardens and of course add a few inches to my waistline!!

Rhosneigr
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here, with my husband, on February 14th just for the one night. There is a lovely atmosphere: everybody was very welcoming and helpful.We stayed in a standard room which was a good size, tastefully decorated and comfortable. The menu was varied and the food was beautifully cooked and presented. We would definitely return.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Wirral, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Don't usually do tripadvisor review but me and my boyfriend staying here for two nights over valentines, when we pulled up outside the hotel we were very apprehensive as it wasn't what we expected! A lot smaller than it looked on pictures but once we had been shown around and settled in it was the loveliest place with amazing staff, all very friendly and welcoming, the morning we were going home we didn't make it to breakfast and we even got bacon sandwiches for out journey home!
We have ate in a lot of top restaurants and this was one of the best places we have ever eaten food was beautiful.
Rooms are very clean and homely, bathrooms are basic.
All in all we had a lovely stay here and definitely will be coming back again!

• Stayed February 2014
Newburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We first experienced Ty'n Rhos in July when I spent my Birthday weekend enjoying meals on the terrace in glorious sunshine. We booked the Christmas Package on the spot as we had been so impressed with the food, the hospitality and the ambience of this gem of a hotel.
We were not disappointed.
Christmas was magical here. From the beautiful and sophisticated decorations , the excellent and imaginative food and the care and attention each individual guest felt they had received.
We were in excellent company with people who had travelled the globe and who like us appreciated the quiet qualities of the place which were clearly based on our hosts many years of experience in the trade.
We ate like Royalty and slept like logs in cosy peaceful surroundings. Our every need was dealt with and our hosts encouraged a house party atmosphere when appropriate whilst affording our privacy when required. We appreciated the skill and sensitivity they exercised in making our stay so enjoyable and relaxing.
i gather that many people have rebooked for next year and we look forward to meeting them again.
Anne S

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank anne s
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

I am very widely travelled and did not pay £165 for the night to be treated abominably by one of the rudest most arrogant people I have ever come across in the industry. Had I not been taken there as a treat and been paying for the room myself, I would have refused point blank to do so.

The suite was in part freezing with no means of warming it up. In the bathroom, the toilet seat was broken and when I put my hand on the towel rail, it was so hot that I burnt it quite badly.

I told the owner who replied that the toilet seat must have been broken by the 'disabled woman' who had been in before us and hadn't informed her. She also said that in any case she couldn't do anything about it that night.

When I told her about the towel rail, she showed no remorse or concern for the burn. She didn't even ask to see my hand. She snootily said that Housekeeping were told to put the rail on maximum heat to warm the place, and that it was up to me to turn it down!

I suggested that she at least put a warning notice to that effect , at which point she replied, nobody's complained before!

The food was overpriced and very average. If this business is to survive, then I suggest they remove the owner from front of house.

Fellow travellers, go find another hotel, where people actually Care whether you enjoy your stay or not!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
31 Thank Mozburger
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanddeiniolen
Black Boy Inn
#2 of 8 in Caernarfon
Chateau Rhianfa
Chateau Rhianfa
#1 of 5 in Menai Bridge

Been to Tyn Rhos Country House? Share your experiences!