“Stunning perfection”

Tyn Rhos Country House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Llanddeiniolen
“Stunning perfection”
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on route to family's holiday home on Anglesey, so so happy we did, hosts are amazing and knowledgable, great food, stunningly clean, amazing staff all so helpful, they tick every box, just read a review that the only negative about this place is that if you have thick hair the hair dryer might take longer to dry it...... Oh please! Thank you and good luck, you do not need it, see you soon Colin Statham and Ellis :-)

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mamucime

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I booked Tyn Rhos after reading the trip advisor reviews and ignored the poor /terrible assuming the people had general issues in life.
When we arrived and were shown our room - it was cold but that was not the issue. We had booked a courtyard room with a double bed.
The room we were shown had two singles pushed together. My husband explained to reception that we had booked a double ....at this point the neutral front of house attitude changed to cooler and it was explained to him it was zip/lock type bedding . He came back to check but it clearly was just two singles pushed together . He went back and this time he experienced the manager .Immediately the tone was unpleasant defensive and abrupt. She asked "What did we expect ? That they would take beds in and out pending on the booking?" My husband tried to explain that it was what we had booked but she was not very pleasant . He said he would come back and discuss with me .When he returned we were unsure what to do as we felt it was difficult staying here with such a reaction and atmosphere and to be treated like that . Problem was it was bank holiday weekend so no room at the Inn. A few moments later the manager knocked at our door - I thought she had come to apologise which actually was all that was needed . Instead ,with the same attitude ,she asked " So what's your decision then? " When we said we didn't have a choice and would have to stay one night she said we had to leave now or stay both nights . We left.
I have delayed the review as I wanted to write a fair and considered account . I was quite shaken by the whole episode; how someone in a hospitality business could be so rude to their customers.
So our stay was 10 minutes .My first ever negative review .
However all was not lost we found a lovely hotel up the road Seiont Manor - part of hand picked hotels - see review .

20 Thank Marsdenbear
Birmingham
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I can think of few nicer weekends away than the few days we spent in North Wales in May. The hotel was superb, exceeded expectations, particularly the food which was excellent. The service was personal, sincere and excellent. The hotel was quiet, relaxed and very homely. The room was clean, well appointed and very nicely decorated. The location, near to Snowdonia, Anglesey and some lovely North wales coastal towns is hard to beat and when the sun shines, as it did all weekend, I defy anyone to tell me of a nicer way to spend the weekend!

Wales.
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My husband and I spent May Bank Holiday at Ty'n Rhos. From the moment we arrived we found the staff very welcoming and I felt that the hotel was a wonderful place to relax.
The views were stunning, our double room was clean and comfortable but the icing on the cake was the food which was delicious. Breakfast had plenty of choice with both help yourself buffet and hot food cooked to order. The evening meals of which we had over four nights were wonderful, well cooked and perfectly presented and a good selection of house wines reasonably priced. The location was secluded as not to hear the hum of traffic all the time but conveniently situated to visit most attractions in the area. We both had a very enjoyable stay at Ty'n Rhos.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Its been a while since staying at this hotel so not sure if its changed hands???
It was 2 years ago.

As you can probably tell, we love Tyn Rhos. All the rooms we have stayed in (main house) are a delight. Immaculate, quiet and cosy. All that you need too.
I have also stayed in an annexe type building which we found was a little chilly but it was April.

Have always found staff helpful. Great choice at breakfast and value however, dinner was not included for us and we found this a little pricey.
It is out in the sticks with beautiful scenery surrounding but you have to travel quite a way to eat out.

Nice to sit in the lovely conservatory and chill out, peaceful.

Would stay again at Tyn Rhos but chose to stay in Beddgelert this year as more things on your doorstep re food and drink. Tyn Rhos has also become a little pricey!

Room Tip: Probably stay in the main house. We have never had a bad room, they are all lovely.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Its difficult to find anything negative about this beautiful country house but if I am being picky, the hairdryer is rubbish for any females with long/thick hair, its not very powerful at all so I would suggest taking your own...
There's not many faults I can think of, we had a lovely two night stay, the decor in the rooms are lovely and every room different, the food was also really great!! I had one bad dish and had crab shell in my starter but I was just unlucky as the two others I was with didn't have the same. Amazing that they change some aspects of their menu every night depending on what has been caught at sea that day. Amazing hosts could not do enough for you!! The grounds and surrounding areas are also lovely for short or long walks, had a fantastic stay and would definitely reccommend , looking forward to returning here on our next trip to Wales! 10/10!!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Josie H
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Our weekend at Tyn Rhos in early May was a real treat. Our bedroom whilst rather small was compact, comfortable and luxurious. The highlight of our stay was the food. The dinner menu is imaginatively constructed and the home-made breads are gorgeous. Breakfasts are superb. The owners take great pride in their business. Staff are well trained and knowledgeable: attentive without being obsequious. Cleanliness and attention to detail mark this establishment out amongst the Welsh Rarebit Country Hotels group. Not the cheapest but definitely worth the money for a special occasion.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanddeiniolen
Black Boy Inn
Celtic Royal Hotel
Celtic Royal Hotel
#3 of 8 in Caernarfon
Premier Inn Caernarfon Hotel

Been to Tyn Rhos Country House? Share your experiences!