Posada Barrancas Mirador
Great 4.5/5
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Very Good 4/5
All reviewszip linelunch and dinnerposada barrancassoupcable carspectacular viewsstayed two nightstour grouptrain stationour waiterrooms overlookadventure parkwalking tourpaid pesosplenty of hot waterrooms are basictwo double beds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Not to be confused with the Mirador Hotel in Divisadero, the Posada Barrancas Mirador is fantastic. Perched on the edge of the famed Copper Canyon, the views cannot be beat. The rooms were clean, comfortable and charming. The staff was tremendous. Gabriela greeted us and explained everything we needed for our stay. The free tour of the area and the Tarahumara dwellings is great. The food was not only delicious, but beautifully presented. The location is much more tranquil than the hotels in Divisadero. It is pricey but worth a trip. I will be returning.

Room Tip: All rooms overlook the canyon. Higher floors have a slightly better view,
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Maralan H
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Room very nice and clean. The views very just amazing. The staff very friendly and the food ok. We were travelling on our own so quite enjoyed sitting with other people while we were eating. My husband particularly enjoyed the happy hour. We stayed for 2 nights so managed to do some long, beautiful walks down in the Canyon and meet the Tarahumara Indians

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank cobweblondon
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Arriving early afternoon, this is all about the view & as such the hotel has much to offer. Bedroom & bathroom OK, heating via air conditioning unit.

The staff in the restaurant are very pleasant, good evening meal. Local musician entertained before dinner for 30 mins - it was "happy half hour" i.e. 2 for 1. Breakfast was a buffet - not our favourite - but popular with most other guests

We had taken a walking tour with David during our first afternoon & the following morning, we had a trip on the recently built cable car accross part of the valley & a walk to the balancing rock. After lunch, we took the short trip back to the station in readiness for the train to Creel & the next part of our journey.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kaw118
Reviewed 20 March 2012

The view of the canon is fantastic, the humming birds at the terrace create a very nice ambient, don't drink the coffee or the tea horrible quality, food no comments they need a chef, no choices at all, no choice on vine, very poor. Rooms are spacious but beds are very hard, horrible beds, food service waiter always seem to be mad. The girl at the reception desk was nice and helpful same us Leo, after 9pm every one goes to their room, not much to do.
Internet it's not available in the room, only by the restaurant or lobby area after paying $10 usd

Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Daniel C
Reviewed 12 February 2012

The views were incredible, the workers friendly and the price was right. I just kind of stumbled on to this hotel. IT is reminiscent of some American National park lodges. The rooms were really tasteful, clean and warm. I wasn't at all impressed bu supper or breakfast. They did pack me up a nice picnic lunch. I think I paid 800 pesos.You pay for the internet and it is was expensive and extremely slow. They invited me to park my motorcycle right next to the front door. It was kind of sad that were only about 10 people in the hotel the night I was there.
I think educational or cultural programs at night would be appreciated as there isnt anything else to do after the 7 PM supper.

Room Tip: I had the worst room in the hotel. The people on the observation platform could look right in my window. Get one at least two or 3 rooms away from the patio.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo