“A First Rate Boutique Hotel”
Review of Casa Misha

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Miguel de Allende
Casa Misha
Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
“A First Rate Boutique Hotel”
Reviewed 31 March 2011

I just returned from spending ten days at Casa Misha in San Miguel de Allende. From the moment, I walked through the front doors of this incredible boutique hotel, I was transformed into a place of beauty and tranquility. The terrific owners, Richard and Edward made me feel special and very much at home. Their staff is amazing. Magda, the concierge, helped me with scheduling a guided tour of Guanajuato, as well as restaurant choices, locating specific artisans, and directions to wherever I needed to go.
Her warmth, humor, and efficiency enriched the quality of my stay. The breakfasts are delicious; the poached eggs, and fresh squeezed juices, superb. The architectural attention to detail is exquisite, and the service is spectacular. Staying at Casa Misha made my trip to San Miguel a trip of a lifetime. I've stayed at some Relaix and Chateaux hotels over the years, and Casa Misha is one of the most lovely places I have ever stayed. Its central location makes walking to restaurants and touring easy. As a woman traveling alone, Casa Misha was a superb choice for me. Anyone desiring a first rate hotel won't be disappointed. I recommend it highly.

Room Tip: All the rooms are superb
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank janicerobin21

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Reviewed 20 March 2011

Together with a friend I spent two nights in Casa Misha beginning of November 2010. It was simply wonderful. Starting with the excepcionally friendly treatment from the very first moment through the wonderful breakfast in our private and peaceful garden until our wunderfully decorated room with a huge jacuzzi.
Yes, it is not cheap. But worth every dime without doubt.
I will definitely come back.

• Stayed November 2010
1 Thank up-and-away01
South Kensington
Reviewed 10 February 2011

Casa Misha is located near the centre but in a quiet street and revolves around a courtyard.I found it a little old fashioned and most of the ground floor rooms apart from one facing the courtyard directly were quite dark,small and too cluttered - you felt you were in a museum.
We were unfortunate to choose a garden room on ground floor which was narrow dark ( in light and furniture) and claustrophobic.Our garden terrace and the expansive roof terrace with stunning views over city could not be used from early evening as temperature plummeted at this time of year.In hindsight I am sure we would have had a totally different experience if we had been on first floor where the rooms have far more light and less claustrophobic . However the service was exceptional

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank petesaund
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 1 February 2011

Casa Misha is a wonderful small hotel, each of the 7 bedrooms is different and elegantly decorated. The hospitality and service are impecable, every one goes out of their way to make you feel at home. My teenage kids were so at ease, they didn´t want to go out!!! We truly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank bepelstein
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 27 January 2011

I was not ready to leave idyllic Casa Misha and the wonderful, warm, generous owners and staff who made my stay there so memorable.

After going on the Trip Advisor website everyday for several weeks, I chose Casa Misha for several reasons. I had never been to San Miguel de Allende and the reviews for Casa Misha were outstanding; the Casa Misha website guest room photos and descriptions, the services offered, the location, and of course my correspondence and conversations with Magda, who promptly answered and addressed all my questions and concerns, scheduled airport transportation, tours, spa dates, and assisted me every step of the way with grace and humor. My stay at Casa Misha far exceeded my expectations.

From the moment I walked through the doors of Casa Misha I knew that I found the perfect place for my vacation of rest, relaxation and rejuvenation. I was at once transformed and transported to this magical world of elegance, luxury and warmth.
I had a reservation for The Spa room, but upon arrival the owners Richard and Ed offered to put me in the Parroquia guest room so that I would not be disturbed by some neighborhood construction that had just started the day before I arrived and that they thought that since I was traveling alone that the Parroquia guest room, which offers privacy if desired and is also in close proximity to staff and guests, may be a better option for me. The views were breathtaking and unlike many of the courtyard-style accommodations, my terrace and balcony did not look into or across from another of the rooms. Instead I had a view of the spectacular Parroquia cathedral and the historic downtown center of San Miguel.

Casa Misha afforded me the option of an oasis of tranquility when I sought my own company as well as the option of spending time with guests and even the owners as well as Susie and Elsa, the wonderful dogs that live on the premises.

Service at Casa Misha is excellent - a full breakfast served in the dining room, on your personal terrace or any of the other terraces offering magnificent views is lovely and served promptly. The staff are friendly and accommodating. If you do not want to go out for dinner, they provide several menus from local restaurants and bring dinner to you.

Before I even returned my husband knew it had been a successful respite from my stressful life when I decided to extend my stay.

When it was time for me to depart it was difficult to say goodbye to the owners and staff who were so hospitable, professional, knowledgeable and personable.

Casa Misha was like a luxurious home away from home - each day or night that I would leave or return - I was met with a friendly, welcoming smile and greeting.

Muchas Gracias Casa Misha!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank CMBGSF
Mexico City
Reviewed 24 January 2011

I am an avid user of Tripadvisor and was extremely impressed by the reviews this place has, 62 reviews and ALL of them gave rated it as Excellent. I have never seen a place rated like this so I assumed it was an incredible place. I am a very picky traveler and have stayed in the best hotels in the world, I am also a foodie and read that food here was spectacular.

The place was deserted when we got there, we never saw anyone else. The room (Terraza) was ordinary and by no means great, nothing like a five star hotel. It appears to be just a house where they decided to rent rooms, they have no infrastucture. We got there at 6 00 pm, decided to go for a walk and then come back for dinner, which was to be the most important part of our visit as we had read so many rave reviews about their food. So we told the guy at the desk that we would come back for dinner in a couple of hours, he replies that this weekend the restaurant is closed as the chef is on vacation! "Didn't Magda told you when you called to reserve?" he asked. No, she did not! And we would not have gone there had we known!

We had breakfast and it was quite mediocre. This place is not terrible but it is definitely not worth the price. I love luxury hotels and I do not mind paying even over one thousand dollars a night but I expect a lot in return. We payed over US$500 for something that was maybe worth US$150. What most surprises me are all the great reviews, I can only thing that they are somehow manipulating them? Maybe they had all their friends and family write those reviews and they are fake?? I cannot find any other explanation. The person at the desk told me that the hotel is for sale, so I guess the owners don't care anymore, I never saw them there. The uniforms of the staff were falling apart.

I would definitely not go back, go someplace else!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
14 Thank RafaelMexicoCity
Madrid, España
Reviewed 10 January 2011

We are just back from 2 weeks in Mexico and rate our 5 day stay at Casa MIsha in San Miguel as the highlight of the trip. Casa MIsha is a beautiful oasis of style, friendliness and warmth just blocks from the jardin in SMdA. The suites are simply wonderful. They are inviting, spacious, private, extremely comfortable have great views, fantastic gas fireplaces and they are beautifully decorated with the best of the old and new worlds. Comfortable yet luxurious at the same time. Richard and Edward are wonderful hosts and the staff, Juan, Darwin Manolo and Magda couldn't do enough to make us feel at home. We loved it. A fantastic place to stay when visiting one of my favourite places in the world

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple