“UNFORGETTABLE !!”
Review of Casa Misha

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Miguel de Allende
Casa Misha
Mexico DF
“UNFORGETTABLE !!”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I selected this hotel through Internet 4 months per davance to spend my wife´s birthday (Oct 31st) looking for something very special for her in one of her favorites magic towns in Mexico. And this fantastic place was even much better than I expected !!. It is more than a hotel...It is a very classy and exclusive place to stay. Everything is outstanding: the decoration with lots of furnitures and objects authentic antics, with all the best and modern comfort and ammenities, the exclusive terraces and patios for each room, the gardens, the flowers, the library, the excelent and personalized service. We felt like if we were invited to a small palace of a very aristocratic friends. Difficult to describe...It has to be there!

Room Tip: We had the opportunity to take a look to almost all rooms because we arrived on thursday. I reserved...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Casa Misha is simply sublime. My wife and I recently stayed there, and words cannot describe what a lovely place it is. Elegant, but comfortable. World class service, with a personal touch. Home away from home (we wish!). It's located in the heart of San Miguel, only a few steps away from the sights, sounds, and tastes of this historic gem of a town, but once through the door we were in our own quiet, private oasis. The owners have imbued the place with their impeccable style in architecture, furnishings, tablesettings, artwork, and landscaping - nothing ostentatious, but instead, graceful and welcoming. The breakfasts were delicious (my favorite was the huevos rancheros - muy riquísimo!). Spacious, comfortable guest rooms with individual, unique personalities. But above all, the staff made the difference, and staff isn't the right word, as it felt more like family. Magda, Juan, and the others we met could not have been more attentive or more helpful and genuine. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 9 July 2013

San Miguel de Allende is extraordinary. Magnificent and magical, and something out of a fairy tale. With that said, every fairy tale seems to have a castle...and our castle during our five day stay was the exquisite Casa Misha. From the moment we walked from the cobble stone street, into those doors of Casa Misha, we were treated like royalty by a staff who couldn't do enough to make us happy and pleased. Surrounded by gardens, antiques, and a palpable, romantic energy--we were really transported into another world! And the BREAKFASTS--omg--especially the huevos rancheros (which I had to have every day, because they were so delicious), and the fresh guava and coffee, served on fine china and silver--no detail is spared at Casa Misha. If you are considering a trip down to San Miguel de Allende (and for those lucky people who do...), look no further than Casa Misha. If you want a world class accommodation, without the price tag or attitude of a Ritz Carlton/Four Seasons...Casa Misha rivals the best. Maybe because it IS. We are planning a return in September, and we wouldn't consider any other place in a city full of little gems. Magnificent.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor in a suite with a terrace/patio. I've attached pics of the hotel, whi...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MalibuJoe17
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I recently traveled to SMA with my wife. Though it was my first time, my wife had been there multiple times. She raved about the charm of SMA and especially about her stays at Casa Misha. I have to admit I never understood until now. I have traveled all over the world and stayed at more world class hotels then I can count. Casa Misha is now one of my favorites. I have never stayed at a hotel with such attention to detail, attentive and personal staff, and a place where I could feel utterly relaxed. The beautiful decor, the wonderful breakfasts, martinis in the courtyard, it all made for a fantastic vacation. If you are looking for a change from the commercialized, generic hotels then I highly recommend Casa Misha, you won't be disappointed. I look forward to my next stay in the very near future.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 8 July 2013

As a frequent traveler to San Miguel, this is my 4th stay at Casa Misha, and as much as I adore the charm of SMA, it is Casa Misha that brings me back every time. The property is elegant, yet comfortable, and the service is impeccable. I have stayed in many of the guest rooms at Casa Misha and while all are amazing, I highly recommend the Terraza Suite. The guest room boasts 8 French doors which affords wonderful lighting throughout the suite and a private patio to enjoy. Casa Misha has become my "go to" destination to relax and unwind!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Every hotel promises to make you feel at home, well,this one DELIVERS BIG TIME!!!!
The rooms are not decorated as hotel rooms, each and every one of them is set up as if it was one of your house´s rooms. Attention to detail id every where and the service is again, like being at home. Whatever you would like and whenever, they are just happy to have you as a guest and then show it.
You can tell that the owner are around, but they show themselves as little as possible, after all it´s your house.
The location is also incredible, right in downtown San Miguel, with the most amazing bakery just around the corner.

Room Tip: Pick the one with the terrace overlooking the cathedral. Breakfast with that view was amazing!!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Casa misha

We are on our way back home, and I couldn't wait to start writing my review. Of all the hotels I've ever stayed in, this one is one of my favorite 3! (Along with "the tides" in Rivera maya and a boutique cave hotel in Capadocia, Turkey whose name eludes me right now).

The rave reviews on this page make it justice.
Supreme service, softest linens you have ever felt, private breakfast on top of a terrace viewing San Miguel's cathedral, complete with silver silver ware and gold plated china.

Our suite had a huge concrete tub in it's own private room, which was an added bonus.
I loved L'occitane toiletries, and oily bubbly bath salts for the tub.
We also had a private terrace, and a fireplace.

The hotel had an awesome tv room full of classic movies you could watch on a 80" flat screen.

The decor was to die for, the best combination between French and old Mexican, mixed in with Old British flare.

Location is also very convenient. Three blocks away from main plaza, everything at 5-8 minute walking distance.

We can't wait to come again, and will surely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting this magical city.

• Stayed May 2013