“Casa Misha is a true gem!”
Review of Casa Misha

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Miguel de Allende
Casa Misha
Houston, Texas
“Casa Misha is a true gem!”
Reviewed 23 November 2010

My husband and I just returned from our first trip to San Miguel de Allende, where we stayed in the luxury boutique hotel, Casa Misha, in the the historic city center. It was a wonderful experience! Seven beautifully decorated rooms (antiques, 4 poster beds, your own private terrace) are in this small and elegant multi-story hotel on a quiet cobblestone street 2 blocks from the square. Full - and great- breakfasts are included and you can can eat them on any terrace or patio in the hotel. The best part, in my opinion, is the amazing service! Magda heads the concierge staff which will help with any request. The owners, Richard and Ed, are a hands-on team with very good advice on all aspects of San Miguel. We had a lot of fun in San Miguel and will definitely return to this lovely city and to this amazing hotel!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Leslye321

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 6 November 2010

We visited San Miguel de Allende with the purpose of celebrating my wife's 61st birthday, visiting friends and looking at the Artesana Rosewood development. Casa Misha was chosen for its proximity to the Jardin (central square) and the development.

We stayed in the SPA room, completely renovated and overlooking a private courtyard and had access to a roof terrace. Casa Misha's owners, Richard and Edward, graciously showed us the property, joined us for a glass of wine overlooking the city and became the people who greeted us on our return from various jaunts. The entire staff--Magda, Romero, Darwin (sp.) recommended restaurants, prepared fabulous breakfasts and assisted our every need, including providing access to a washer and dryer for a small laundry job.

The location was ideal--we could walk anywhere in just minutes. The quality of the design and comfort level of each unique room was extraordinary. Full of light, VERY comfortable beds (we slept in each morning--unsusual for us!) and tremendously large bathrooms, our suite was superb. We truly felt like it was our home-away-from-home. Thank you to Richard and Edward et al--what a great time made even better!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JamesMaxx
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 22 September 2010

Let me emphasize, nothing on their web site is not accurate or exaggerated.

My family and I were celebrating a birthday and Mexico's Bicentennial and were the lucky recipients of the Terraza and Parroquia rooms. The rooms are even more wonderful than their pictures indicate. From one of the hotel's terraces we dined alfresco and were treated to San Miguel's beautiful fireworks over the Parroquia, the view of which can not be outdone.

Casa Misha gives a whole new meaning to "location, location, location". The Jardin and the Parroquia are an easy walk as is just about everything. Yet, the hotel is located on one of the quieter streets. When you do finally call it a night you don't have any night noises to disturb your rest.

The owners, Ed (responsible for the excellent food) and Richard, are on-site and are charming and accommodating. As well as the staff. All embrace you and welcome you into "their family".

Pure Luxury. Pure Nirvana. We hope to return in December and I can not wait!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Sandi12365
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 15 July 2010

Stayed for five nights. Beautiful remodeled house, beautiful rooms. Owners and staff were excellent.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ricalb
Humble, Texas
Reviewed 18 May 2010

My mom, sister, and I celebrated Mom's 81st birthday at Casa Misha. What a WONDERFUL experience!!!!!! Everything was perfect. From Richard and Ed, to all of their staff, we couldn't have asked for more. If I hadn't known better, I would have thought that we were their only guests.

Our room was beautiful and the food was great. Everything we wanted was at our fingertips. I can honestly say that I have NEVER stayed anywhere that even comes close to our experience at Casa Misha.

• Stayed April 2010
1 Thank 1brenda
San Francisco
Reviewed 29 April 2010

We've just returned from a glorious 7 days at Casa Misha. Located down a quiet street, close to the center of town, this stunningly renovated and appointed mansion offers both incredible service in a luxurious but very relaxed setting. Richard and Edward, the owners, and their great staff run a wonderful hotel. All the rooms are lovely. We stayed in the Terrace room which had a huge private deck. There are several outside spaces where one can have their breakfast served to them. All meals were excellent. The hotel has incredible views of the town and surrounding countryside. We appreciated the free wireless internet and the free calls to the US. We felt as if Richard and Edward had welcomed us to their home. Magda, Giselle, Juan, Romino and Darwin catered to our every need. All their recommendations for tours and restaurants were on point. The hotel arranged tours of San Miguel de Allende as well as neighboring towns including Guanajuato which were conducted by Leandro. Both were well worth it. Casa Misha offers lunch and dinner dining. Edward is a gifted chef. It is rare that owners and staff of a hotel greet you when you arrive and walk you to your car when you depart. They seemed genuinely happy to have us as guests. That is the kind of unique place that Casa Misha is.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank shoshie
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 21 April 2010

Before March 19 my favorite hotel experience had been in a Marrakesh Riad. Casa Misha usurped that position within minutes of our arrival.
I tend to be verbose, so I will categorize its areas of excellence. (There were no areas that were NOT excellent.)
The Casa:
Entering the foyer I felt as if I had been invited into the home of a local aristocrat. An antique love seat, plush chairs, amazing art work and Oriental rugs could have been a bit off-putting. But with the owners waiting for our arrival--and their canine puffball assuming we wanted her attention--nothing could have been further from the truth. That was just the beginning. Walking through ornate glass doors we found a lavishly planted courtyard. We spent several evenings at its trendy bar--twinkle lights in the trees and upbeat music floating from the sound system. There are many spots to have breakfast, dinner, or "chill time". A comfortably small--and very elegant--dining room, an antique filled living room and airy sun room are all a decorator's dream. The portrait above that sun room's fireplace is that of the owners' late dog--Misha. Wonder where the name for the Casa came from?
I am guessing that quite a few guests spend considerable time in the library. Yes, it had books to share, but its focal point is a huge, comfy sofa positioned in front of a 62 inch TV. The perfect place to watch the Dancing With the Stars Season Premier!
There are terraces everywhere. Read, eat, drink margaritas. Gorgeous foliage, comfortable furnishings, and (if needed) heaters, turned these plateaus into ideal areas to do absolutely nothing, have a special dinner, or be amazed with the views of San Miguel.
Then, OUR room! The room I had chosen off the website--conversed with the owners about--and brought enough luggage to fill. There was nothing that wasn't perfect about it--the antique iron four-poster (very comfortable) bed, overstuffed armchairs, armoire that easily held every bit of the too much clothing I had brought. And the walls--an armchair museum. 18th Century English prints, French watercolors from the 19th Century--and much more. I decided that all of the Limoges boxes should be used--a perfect place for my jewelry. The bathroom HAD to have been designed by a woman. Big, light, space for everything, a huge tub to soak in. Not the least of the room's attractions is the balcony we used for daily breakfast, watching the city's fireworks, and just being glad we were there.
Was this a bit "over the top"? Absolutely! Conversely, my husband pronounced it one of the most user friendly rooms he had stayed in.

The People:
Yes, Casa Misha is incredibly beautiful. But that is not what makes it what it is. It has a heart--that being its owners. Ed and Richard spent over four years building, decorating, furnishing, and perfecting. Everything framed, hung, walked on, sat on, or eaten off was bought on a special trip, passed on by family, or searched for by them alone. When I asked if they were ever concerned that something might break or be ruined, Ed shrugged his shoulders. "It is all here to be shared".
Service really isn't the word to describe what is provided. Everyone at Casa Misha seemed to feel that we were friends they would jump through hoops for to make sure our visit was the best possible. ie: The Doc Severinson concert was sold out.
An employee went to the venue to plea our case, multiple phone calls were made, and finally Ed contacted someone that he had done a favor for--we had our tickets. (It was a fabulous evening.) We were going to miss a TV show that I really wanted to see. Richard ran out to get a tape, recorded the program, and we all watched it while drinking margaritas on their five person couch. Ed was always available to discuss places to go, see, eat--or just for a few hours of chat. We would return from our daily outings, plunk down on the sofa, and the afternoon would disappear into a sea of words.
Giselle and Magda--they make every guest request, effort made, emergency attended to appear routine. Examples abound! Two guests arrived at the airport having left their passports in their room safe. Without skipping a beat, Giselle got their flight information, contacted a driver who arrived immediately, and the passports were delivered. Magda made, canceled, and re-booked multiple dinner reservations. One evening my husband didn't feel great--I asked Magda if there was a nearby place that would deliver pizza. Within fifteen minutes pizza, china, and silver arrived at our door. Then there was the yogurt incident: On Trip Advisor I had questioned the availability of yogurt in town. As we settled in after arrival the exact yogurt I like was presented for my approval. (I never found out who took care of that!)

And everyone else----always pleasant, always helpful, did what was asked of them and did what we didn't realize we needed. In a different environment this type of behavior might be fawning or obsequious. Not so--just nice people doing what they feel is suitable and appropriate.

Susie and Elsa are part and parcel of a Casa Misha visit. (unless one doesn't want them to be). One small, one larger, extremely friendly, and part of the family--these rescue dogs are the resident "furchildren" for all of us who needed a canine fix.

The Food:
A subject for a review unto itself. From the Cinnamon French Toast to Ed's Crab Filled Pasta--it surpassed any of our meals in San Miguel. Long story short--no opportunity for caloric intake was skipped by either by husband or myself.

Yes this is long. No, it doesn't say all that needs to be said. Unfortunately words can not adequately convey what this type of experience can bring to a person and their vacation.

Bottom line: I do not, absolutely, unequivocally, want to return to San Miguel without staying at Casa Misha.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple