“The street dogs turned it down”
Review of El Palacio Chino - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
El Palacio Chino
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
“The street dogs turned it down”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Absolutely a disaster in every way. Six of us ordered take out and returned to our house to enjoy chinese food. As each of us took a bite, we looked at each other, made the obligatory, "OMG THIS IS HORRIBLE" face and all decide to give our lunches to the street dogs, unfortunately, they would not eat it either. Better to go a block and a half up mesones to the two chinese guys who offer real chinese take-out.

Visited February 2012

san miguel de allende
“excellent hot and sour soup and combination fried rice”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I frequent this restaurant for their take out, consistantly good food and reasonable price, service is ok wish it could be better, one of the best chinese food in San Miguel.

• Visited February 2012
Taos, New Mexico
“Inedible, a disgrace.”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We ordered out on a rainy afernoon to the tune of 450 pesos and were appalled at the poor quality of the food. The brown rice was fried, for some reason, in rancid fat. The egg rolls also tasted somewhat rancid. The eggplant w garlic sauce was tolerable, but not spicy as expressly requested. The steamed pork dumplings were okay, but overcooked and we were afraid to add them to the evil-smelling broth. Chicken w vegetables was boring and greasy. Finally, we tossed the unfortunate fortune cookies, which were way below minimal standards. I am not a food snob, nor am I a regular contributor to Trip Advisor -- in fact, this is my first review. My sense of outrage prompts this report. By contrast, as a regular customer of the friendly folks at the large food cart on Mesones near the Plaza Civica, I can verify that there you will find tasty, fresh food for ONE-FIFTH the cost of this abomination of a "Chinese Palace". Oh, and I asked for a menu that never arrived, which saves me the trouble of wadding it up in dusgust and heaving it in the garbage with the brown rice and egg rolls.

• Visited January 2012
Brownsville, TX
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Authentic Chinese Food in San Miguel”
Reviewed 7 January 2010

Recommended on the back of a brochure so we tried it out during out last stay in San Miguel and it became out go-to eatery. They advertise their place as the best chinese food in Mexico, I've have some pretty good bites in D.F. but I can honestly say best Chinese in San Miguel. Delivery takes awhile but huge servings that'll last you lunch and dinner. Some may call it pricey because it's not cheap but it's the quality.

Chicago, Illinois
“Good Chinese/Sezuan Food though a tad pricey”
Reviewed 23 April 2009

Good Chinese/Sezuan Food though a tad pricey. It's 'genuine' cooking, and not the 'mexican' version.