“Best Chinese in San Miguel”
Review of El Palacio Chino - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
El Palacio Chino
Reviewed 16 February 2013

My wife and I first ate at El Palacio Chino several months ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. The food was fresh, tasty and plentiful and the value was excellent. It was surprising that there were not more people in the restaurant. Late this afternoon we were both in the mood for Chinese food and naturally thought of El Palacio and decided to order take out as we wanted to finish the last 3 episodes of "House of Cards' at home- the Mushu Pork and combination Fried Rice continued to meet our expectations- both dishes were fresh, delicious and more than plentiful. It will continue to be our go-to restaurant for Chinese food in San Miguel

1  Thank Balidude

Reviewed 30 November 2012

Completely disgusting food!!! The kitchen has the septic tank top, can imagine how unhealthy this is? I do not understand why Mexico's health authorities (SSA) do not monitor these restaurants, and as SSA allowed to open a restaurant that has a septic tank in the kitchen! PLUS, the attitude of the waiters is terrible!

1  Thank marcon_2012
Reviewed 9 August 2012

I was visiting San Miguel and wanted a change of menu, so I tried Palacio Chino. At the entry they have advertised "Now in San Miguel de Allende" and referenced their association with China Palace in Pittsburgh, which is a top rated and award winning Chinese Restaurant, which I had frequented and was happy to see that they somehow expanded to Mexico. The courtyard dining was lovely and surrounded by very interesting galleries (not owned by Palacio Chino). I was expecting world class Chinese cuisine and they brought me rancid oil rice, some odd creation of sweet and sour, and just generally inedible food. When I returned to New York where I currently live, I contacted China Palace in Pittsburgh to complain, and what a surprise, they have never heard of Palacio Chino, have no association with them, and were very bewildered as to why Palacio Chino is claiming to be associated. In the end, these people are liars and have no business running a restaurant, and less business trying to steal the success of a well deserved restaurant who shares nothing more than a similar name.

1  Thank gar b
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Nothing good to say about this restaurant, wish I had never tried it

1  Thank lisa f
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I love this place. I'm not passing any judgments on how authentic this Chinese food may or may not be, but I do know that it's consistently well above the mark. I've probably eaten several dozen times here, and I've never come away disappointed. The location is just right, the atmosphere cheerful and comfortably, and the service outstanding. It's head and shoulders over most eateries in the Centro Historico.

1  Thank RedShoes_and_Bacon