“Could not have hoped for more.. Fabulous”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Entrance call to Casa Mandu property
Casa Mandu owner in the main square
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
James B
Portland, Oregon
“Could not have hoped for more.. Fabulous”
Reviewed 24 December 2017 for a stay in December 2017

While I am not quick to offer excellent reviews, it would be unfair to the host an manager to offer less. Let me list the items that make this rental such a good value.
- Location: this property is an easy walk to the center of San Miguel de Allende (SMA).
- The actual unit exceeds the presentation in the advert. The host is a perfectionist, and it shows in the outfitting of the unit, and support of the stay. The unit is part of a walled complex with a main house (host), this casita, a guest room, and a 2 bedroom villa at the back of the property. the patio and gardens are wonderful (we have had a couple of evenings sitting outside with a bottle of wine and tapas). With all that is behind the walls, it still feels like a private stay.
- The Host (Ruth) and the manager (Kristopher): These folks help to make the stay. The are responsive (unlike other stays I have had), they are sincere, and they seem to go out of their way to make your stay favorably memorable.
- Then, of course, there is SMA itself. It is a wonderful blending of old Mexico, an amazing art scene, and first world culture. It still has the feel of Mexico, but the edges are a bit softer. Not sure what we were expecting, but have not been disappointed.

In summary, we would highly recommend this property for a say in SMA, and am already thinking about the next trip.

(Pictures to follow)

4 Jan 2018
dear James
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. Having guests like you is what makes our business so enjoyable. We often say we welcome guests and say good bye to friends. We hope you will visit again soon..
Ruth and Kris
Gloria P
“Inspirational”
Reviewed 3 November 2017 for a stay in October 2017

We fell in love with San Miguel de Allende! Ruth's property is spectacular. Thank you Ruth and Kris!

4 Nov 2017
Thanks for the great review, Gloria and Jose Luis. We hope you will come back to Casa Mandu soon
Ruth & Kris.
laurabels...
Nashville, Tennessee
“A Magical Find in San Miguel...”
Reviewed 7 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Casa Mandu casita was absolutely stunning! Close in walking proximity to the main city center, the home was a magical hideaway sitting along the charming streets of San Miguel. The space was incredibly clean and inviting. The interior gardens were lush and abundant. Every corner was picturesque. Ruth was a very gracious and welcoming host throughout my stay. Her local recommendations were spot-on. I cannot wait to return again one day soon...

4 Nov 2017
Hi Laura Thanks so much for your lovely review on Trip Advisor. We hope you will be back again to Casa Mandu.
sylvias
Boston
“Lovely casita, perfect location”
Reviewed 18 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

The casita was just perfect for our weeklong getaway to San Miguel. Beautifully furnished and equipped; the pictures don't fully convey how lovely it is. Easy walk to the Jardin, shopping and great restaurants. Ruth, the owner, is on site and so welcoming, with great recommendations of places to visit. Highly recommended!

20 Apr 2017
Thanks again for a great review, from a guest who appreciated what we do for client satisfaction
Ruth Hayward
searcymlb
San Francisco, California
“Wonderful introduction to San Miguel de Allende”
Reviewed 19 August 2016 for a stay in December 2015

The Casita was perfect for me and would be great for a couple. The Casita was in great condition and everything worked properly. Ruth, the owner, was extremely helpful to me as this was my first time in San Miguel. I don't believe I could have had a better introduction to San Miguel Allende. In fact, we recently purchased a home in San Miguel. John B.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Perfect location, walked to everything
Liked least: Having to leave
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
20 Aug 2016
Thanks John, so glad you have decided to make San Miguel your home away from home
Ronald P
“A great location with a great price and wonderful host”
Reviewed 16 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

when the small and non-descript doors opened up from the street you will be blown away by the beauty and charm of the Casita. We stayed in the 2 room casita with a private patio. Some folks complained about noise from the street but we did not find that to be a problem. The skylights were a problem to me in the bedroom as I am use to total darkness when sleeping so i recommend eye shades for that if you are like me. Although there is no A/C the bedrooms fan was plenty and in fact we usually had to use a blanket at night. The kitchen den area did not have a fan and we found it to be a warm during the day and early evening. We would spend this time on our patio though having a dinner of crusty bread, wine and cheese so no problem there.

The very best part of our stay was Ruth. She went out of her way to make us at home and make suggestions for sights and restaurants for us to visit. Each morning she would visit with us on our patio while we having our coffee and inquire as to what plans we had and then make suggestions or give us tips about them. This truly made our trip memorable and trouble free.
To top things off the location is perfect. Located in the outer centro area it is far enough away to offer quiet tranquility but close enough to walk to anything you want to see. Tired? A cab to anywhere is about $2!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location and hospitality
Liked least: Den and kitchen area could us a fan
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
18 Aug 2016
I really appreciate your thoughtful review
Thanks so much
jtdnyc
New York City, New York
“Colorful casita in perfect location”
Reviewed 16 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

I recently spent 10 nights in Casa Mandu's colorful casita. A few nights with my partner and the rest alone. I had a wonderful time. I was able to cook at night and felt safe by myself. I loved falling asleep to the sound of the fountain right outside my window. Ruth is a wonderful hostess. She offered some suggestions based on my interests and it was a pleasure talking to her about my time in San Miguel and life in general. The only negative I can think of is the bed was a little hard for my taste. I did get used to it though. You won't go wrong staying at Casa Mandu!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
18 Aug 2016
Appreciate your comments, thanks so much
Ruth
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing