“Best enchiladas I've had in San Miguel de Allende”

San Augustin Chocolates & Churros
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My husband and I had passed this restaurant many times and there was always a crowd waiting. I wanted to see if it was really that good. So we went one day when the line was short. The food was great. As a cheese enchilada lover, I ordered these and was very happy I did. I like the cheese they used in it. We also tried one of their churro specialities - caramel filled. They too were delicious. Overall a great experience.

There are newer reviews for San Augustin Chocolates & Churros

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Food is very good and the view of the church is amazing, but they don't accept credit cards and have a ridiculous exchange rate

Reviewed 18 March 2014

This little place is a landmark among the tourists that visit the dreamy San Miguel. Owned by an actress, if you are lucky you just might stumble upon a local celebrity who likes to see and be seen there (as in our case we did with Jaime Camil).

I have higher standards for Churros & Chocolate restaurants, because I know of a small joint five blocks away from home where you can get delicious churros for, like US 10 c a piece. So when I go to a swanky place that advertises great churros, if I'm going to pay fifteen times what I'm used to, then I expect those churros to be tremendously superior. Hint: in most restaurants they are not. Here they are fine, but not otherworldly. Same for the chocolate.

We had breakfast. I ordered catalan eggs (scrambled with cheese and chorizo). They were good, but again, not remarkable. Portions were relatively small for the prices as well.

Oh, and they don't take any credit cards. That is as premodern as is preposterous for a famous restaurant.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

The owner was there, and she was nice.

Churros are delicious, and the hot chocolate is good.

I really recommend White Chocolate, is unique! We loved it.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

A fun lunch or snack stop in SMA, though best avoided during lunch and dinner hours given the demand for a table will run the wait time 30 + minutes. The churros are good, as is the hot chocolate. I would recommend this for a mid afternoon or early morning respite for kids who need a sugar boost and parents who need some time off their feet.