“Great B & B, host and town!”
Review of Casa de la Noche

Casa de la Noche
Reviewed 10 November 2009

Great place that's a 5 - 10 walk to the Jardin, La Parroquia (church), stores and restaurants. The owner (Barbara) was really helpful in the planning of our trip to San Miguel (in advance and while we were there). The room that we stayed in (La Vista Suite) was spacious and comfortable (especially the "tempurpedic" queen bed). She also provides free local calls and long distance calls to the U.S. The place is beautifully decorated and maintained. When we return, we'll surely stay there again! Our favorite restaurant was La Posadita near the church (killer view of the town), San Augustin (Chocolate & Churros), and the hot springs (La Gruta) were very nice. You might want to go on the "homes and gardens" tour on Sunday morning that leaves from the Library (you can buy your tickets there that morning). Great town!!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cgskiking

Reviewed 3 November 2009

We have traveled much of the world, with accomodations ranging from 5-star to dirt floors. Most lodgings fade. But our eight nights in the Terrace Suite at casadelanoche were most enjoyable and memorable. The owner/manager Barbara Poole immediately made us feel at home. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jischaum
Reviewed 27 October 2009

This is the second time I have stayed here and was very pleased with the ambiance, service and central location. Barbara (the owner) always makes me feel special and makes my trip very enjoyable.

I highly recommend staying here.

Ed Behen

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank EdBehen
Reviewed 29 September 2009

My husband and I loved Casa de la Noche because of the location, the attention we got from the owner (Barbara) and her staff. There is a filter for the whole building so you can be assured of water safety... Breakfast to order: Mexican, American, vegetarian......
The rooms and studios are all very nice and airy with sitting areas toward the outside or the patios. Barbara is very helpful and knowledgeable and goes out of her way to make you feel at home there. San Miguel is a very special town, we happened to be there for the beginning of the regional "fiesta"... But do not worry, they have many "fiestas". The "Casa de la Noche" is in downtown San Miguel within walking distance of restaurants, small shops, museums, churches, the tourist office, banks, etc.....
We will go back soon!!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trixilina
Reviewed 22 September 2009

Casa de la Noche is charming, comfortable, very clean, and has everything you need at a great value. Barbara Poole is a fabulous inn-keeper and knows what to do to make guests feel at home. I have stayed there twice and Casa de la Noche will be my home away from home on all my trips to San Miguel. Love it!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank artvark
Reviewed 4 September 2009

I was in San Miguel to photograph a music festival. Casa de la Noche was great. I needed a location within easy walking distance of the Jardin (the main public square in town) and the Angela Peralta Theater. I had it. I needed a comfortable, quiet, charming room to relax in after a day of shooting. I had it. I needed high speed internet to email photos to my client. I had it. I needed rooftop access to photograph amazing views. I had it. I needed a safe, secure place for my photo gear. I had it. I needed a knowledgeable host who could introduce me to interesting people and locations. I had it. Barbara's (the owner) hospitality let me focus on my shooting assignment and start each day with renewed energy. Casa de la Noche was a great place to stay and a place I'll go back to again.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank guymills
Reviewed 1 September 2009

I loved every bit of it. Our room was very nice. I loved sitting in the sunshine reading the newspaper. I hope we can come back soon. Barb, you are a great hostess and a great person. I loved all the festivals when they decorated the streets.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple