“Hotel Casa Santuario”

Hacienda El Santuario
Miami, Florida
“Hotel Casa Santuario”
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Well located. Nice Breakfast. Front Desk people were nice to us.
We check laundry rates and they were higher that in the States. We walk one block and half and found a place were they washed clothes by weight. Cheaper and excellent service.

Room Tip: Nice accomodation with excellent breakfast. Good Location.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 18 August 2011

This hotel is a 5 minute walk from the main town Plaza in beautiful San Miguel de Allende. It has a rustic feel, is clean, quiet and very relaxing. We felt like guests in someone's home rather than a Hotel. Boutique and beautiful.

• Stayed August 2011
3 Thank Grejam
Chesterfield, MO
Reviewed 15 February 2011

My sister with her kids, my husband and I sundenly decided to spent one day at San Miguel de Allende after stay a day in Queretaro. So, we just take a leap of faith on this Hotel and we made the reservation one day before. We were very happy with the service, my sister's room was very big and with full of amenities, my husband and I stayed at smaller room, but still very nice. The breakfast at the next day was very good and not expensive at all. They even let us pick the place to eat, (outside, inside of room service). Not to mentioned the location, so close to the main plaza.
They were very efficient and helpful all the time, so I am really surprised of some the reviews here. I am happy that I didn't read them before because I would have missed a very good deal.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank GelaMOusa
Timmins, Canada
Reviewed 7 April 2010

Surroundings are beautiful, has a great potential, but no caring hand... Fountain is not working, restaurant is closed - looks like forever, dirty spots on the carpet, water does not drain properly.
Breakfast deserves a special note. They started "serving" at 8:30 instead of 8:00 as we were told at check-in. It was served by the recptionist herself who did not speak a word of English. Although there was a loud cooking noise coming fron kitchen - after waiting 10 minutes we were given a cup of coffee, another ten minuts later - a glass of juice, yet another 10 minuts - 2 burnt pieces of toast with 2 pieces of butter arrived, another 5 min - after a special request - milk for coffee arrived...
On a positive note - beds were very comfortable and was very quiet at night.
Way overpriced for such a service.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Piramidon
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 4 May 2009

I stayed in this hotel in December 2008 for 3 nights. This was my splurge part of my trip as I had always wanted to go to SMA. I paid US$150 per night because of this and the pictures and blurb I had seen on Expedia.com. From the moment I checked in the person at reception was quite abrupt and acted like I was interfering with his work. He begrudgingly checked me in and showed me to my room. The room was beautiful and exactly like the pictures on Expedia.com. There are no real services that the hotel offered but I was happy to be staying in a nice room. Every morning I had to request that the hot water be checked as it did not seem to work. I think though it just took a really long time to warm up which a huge waste of water, and for an Australian going through a severe drought really hard to understand!!
The hotel is reasonably central and not much of a walk to the Jardin.
Please be careful if you stay here and pre-book. I am still trying to get money returned as the hotel also charged me for the room that had been pre-paid by using the signed credit card slip that every hotel in Mexico requests.
Unfortunately this was the unhappy ending to a trip of quite a few months travelling through Mexico and Guatemala and I am happy to say the exception to the rule of the great service I had everywhere else!

• Stayed December 2008, travelled solo