“Very nice place to stay”

Hacienda El Santuario
Chesterfield, MO
“Very nice place to stay”
Reviewed 15 February 2011

My sister with her kids, my husband and I sundenly decided to spent one day at San Miguel de Allende after stay a day in Queretaro. So, we just take a leap of faith on this Hotel and we made the reservation one day before. We were very happy with the service, my sister's room was very big and with full of amenities, my husband and I stayed at smaller room, but still very nice. The breakfast at the next day was very good and not expensive at all. They even let us pick the place to eat, (outside, inside of room service). Not to mentioned the location, so close to the main plaza.
They were very efficient and helpful all the time, so I am really surprised of some the reviews here. I am happy that I didn't read them before because I would have missed a very good deal.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank GelaMOusa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Timmins, Canada
Reviewed 7 April 2010

Surroundings are beautiful, has a great potential, but no caring hand... Fountain is not working, restaurant is closed - looks like forever, dirty spots on the carpet, water does not drain properly.
Breakfast deserves a special note. They started "serving" at 8:30 instead of 8:00 as we were told at check-in. It was served by the recptionist herself who did not speak a word of English. Although there was a loud cooking noise coming fron kitchen - after waiting 10 minutes we were given a cup of coffee, another ten minuts later - a glass of juice, yet another 10 minuts - 2 burnt pieces of toast with 2 pieces of butter arrived, another 5 min - after a special request - milk for coffee arrived...
On a positive note - beds were very comfortable and was very quiet at night.
Way overpriced for such a service.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Piramidon
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 4 May 2009

I stayed in this hotel in December 2008 for 3 nights. This was my splurge part of my trip as I had always wanted to go to SMA. I paid US$150 per night because of this and the pictures and blurb I had seen on Expedia.com. From the moment I checked in the person at reception was quite abrupt and acted like I was interfering with his work. He begrudgingly checked me in and showed me to my room. The room was beautiful and exactly like the pictures on Expedia.com. There are no real services that the hotel offered but I was happy to be staying in a nice room. Every morning I had to request that the hot water be checked as it did not seem to work. I think though it just took a really long time to warm up which a huge waste of water, and for an Australian going through a severe drought really hard to understand!!
The hotel is reasonably central and not much of a walk to the Jardin.
Please be careful if you stay here and pre-book. I am still trying to get money returned as the hotel also charged me for the room that had been pre-paid by using the signed credit card slip that every hotel in Mexico requests.
Unfortunately this was the unhappy ending to a trip of quite a few months travelling through Mexico and Guatemala and I am happy to say the exception to the rule of the great service I had everywhere else!

• Stayed December 2008, travelled solo
Hotel Matilda
Hotel Matilda
#13 of 68 in San Miguel de Allende
Real de Minas San Miguel de Allende
Real de Minas San Miguel de Alle...
#11 of 68 in San Miguel de Allende
Casa Rosada Hotel
Casa Rosada Hotel
#5 of 68 in San Miguel de Allende
Hotel Nena
Hotel Nena
#3 of 68 in San Miguel de Allende

Been to Hacienda El Santuario? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hacienda El Santuario

Property: Hacienda El Santuario
Address: Calle Terraplen 42, San Miguel de Allende 37700, Mexico
Region: Mexico > Central Mexico and Gulf Coast > Guanajuato > San Miguel de Allende
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Spa Suites
#3 Spa Hotel in San Miguel de Allende
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Hacienda El Santuario 3.5*
This charming hotel is distinguished by its architecture as seen in family homes of the past that characterize San Miguel de Allende. Located in the city center, Hacienda El Santuario maintains its original Mexican style, with a central patio, 33 rooms, terrace and multi-purpose room, among many other things. NO PETS ARE RECEIVED. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hacienda El Santuario reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hacienda El Santuario Centro Hotel San Miguel De Allende