I have to start by saying Ricardo and his team MADE this trip. I have never experienced such attentive and personal service in my years of hotel stays anywhere. Ricardo managed to help me avert disaster (as I fell ill) and still make the most of our short-time in San Miguel de Allende.
First off, the photos do not do this hotel justice - it is truly stunning with the most attentive staff that I have encountered anywhere in the world. If you are seeking a boutique-style hotel centrally located then this is the best choice by far as you are an easy 5-min walk to El Jardin, the galleries and many of the other attractions.
I was there in April on my first mother/daughter vacation. The hotel is definitely geared towards couples or families with well-behaved children. I had travelled over 35K miles (for both work & pleasure) that month and this was the final leg of my journey. I was obviously run down and as a result fell ill. Ricardo and his team arranged for me to visit the doctor, and after a few hours of being rehydrated etc, I felt so much better. Ricardo had arranged for the car to take us to the hospital (the hospital was pristine with a very professional staff) and pick us up. The next day everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, came by to see how I was feeling.
Once I was back on my feet Ricardo told us about all the best roof top restaurants, galleries, festivals and cooking classes to attend. He ensured that we made the most of the time we had left after losing a day to being ill. My mother and I found ourselves coming back to tell him about our days adventures and thank him.
This will forever be one of my most memorable trips simply because of the people and, of course, Ricardo!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Casa de Sierra Nevada is a mixture of 16th to 18th century Spanish colonial buildings, located one and one-half blocks from the cathedral and main city square of San Miguel de Allende. Its 37 rooms and suites are spread amongst six colonial mansions.Each casona, or mansion, which features five to seven guest rooms or suites, is unique. Many feature outdoor courtyards with fountains, small gardens and al fresco corridors. Guests do not have the feeling of being in a hotel at all. Rather, they are integrated into the town itself, making for a true cultural immersion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Belmond Casa de Sierra Nevada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Sierra Nevada By Orient-Express Hotel San Miguel De Allende
- Hotel Casa De Sierra Nevada