“A very good school and learning experience”

Academia Hispano Americana
More attraction details
Owner description: Established in 1959, we are proud to be the first Spanish Language school in San Miguel de Allende to specialize in teaching Spanish as a second language.
GRAND RAPIDS
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A very good school and learning experience”
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

During the month I took classes I was pleased with my advancement. Some reviews were disappointed by the fact that almost no English was used but that is exactly what made me learn more quickly. I had to think about the context of things and the interaction of the fellow students was in valuable. All of us tried to speak spanish and many mucho mistakes, but the mistakes made us better. Then of course to go out into the streets and use it was fantastic.

Visited March 2014
5 Thank BARTB_13

San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great Place To Learn Spanish”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

My wife and I moved From PV to study Spanish in San MIguel and stayed.

We found a great apartment walking distance for $400 a month on a bus route all utilities. The bus was 10 pesos each round trip. (72 cents US.)

Great school, staff and weather.
Cap'n Paul & Marvelle

Visited September 2013
5 Thank PAUL M
San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best place to learn Spanish!”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I researched many Spanish schools and the one had the best program at the best value. I was not disappointed in my choice. The curriculum is perfect and the teachers are amazing. My fellow classmates were interestin and fun.
I have taken several Spanish courses before and this one was definitely superior to anything I have done before or after. Plus, the school is located in an amazing and beautiful town. Highly recommended!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Leamalani
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Not so mucho”
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

Very disappointing experience. I had asked around for recommendations on an immersion program in SMA and received enough "OK" recommendations from people plus generally positive ranks on Trip Advisor. My first impression was the place was dark and dank...but pushed on and paid, I said to myself, it's an old building in Mexico. My next impression was first class day. Poorly organized and not quality materials for what I was charged and things didn't improve. The process seemed rigid and inflexible, if not intolerant of "gringos" (which is ironic for a language/ hospitality business). In the end, learned as much from my own grit sticking to it ("where there's a will there's a way") but not sure it was the most effective or rapid learning environment. Would otherwise recommend would be learners to become friends with a native speaker and spend the $$$ learning at a cafe or online. I feel like I wasted a precious part of my trip to beautiful SMA stuck in a hole. Sad and disappointing.

6 Thank 09foodie
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Bad Environment, Poor management”
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

Place is substandard, administration is bad, poor bang for the buck. Seems that teachers try hard, owner is lost.
Try Warren Hardy, a private tutor, or the local university. Disappointing.

5 Thank Turbocenturion210