Very nice hotel and good value, but our 2 night stay was spoilt when nearby fireworks woke us at 6am the day of our departure ! Apparently this is a tradition at weekends throughout May and June; the hotel says some locals have complained but there's nothing that can be done. Unfortunately as with a lot of places in Mexico your peace is disturbed by rowdy neighbours who don't give a damn about keeping you awake. So if you're looking for somewhere to have a nice lie-in (in May and June at least), be warned.
- Beautiful old building and gardens.
- Friendly service, e.g. letting us dine after 10pm after arriving late.
- Big, comfortable room with balcony.
- Shuttle bus service to the centre every hour.
- Free wifi in restaurant and lobby.
- Pool needed cleaning; jacuzzi was just a tub with water in it (again needed a clean).
- Breakfast is just coffee, fruit and roll and muffin; eggs etc cost extra.
- Guests having a gathering not far from our room could be heard until 1am, again another disturbance (in addition to the fireworks that lasted during the evening as well).
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Rancho Hotel El Atascadero reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.