“Mexico at it's best”

Casa Schuck Boutique Hotel
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We have never been to Mexico before and after a 3.5 hr car ride from Mexico city suddenly we were driven down a steep street and told that our hotel was this little hole in wall at the bottom of this street. When we walked in we were immediately greeted by Guillermo and his wonderful staff who then proceeded over the next 7 days to make us feel like we were in our own hacidenia. The breakfast was wonderful and the staff was charming. Don't think of swimming in the pool in March but do enjoy the views from the roof top deck. It was a pleasure to be treated as royalty.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank linda G

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Casa Schuck is elegant and very charming. Whether enjoying a garden breakfast or sunning on the upper deck in the late afternoon, the entire facility feels spacious and yet cozy at the same time, so one has a sense of both privacy and warmth. The views are wonderful, whether panoramic, as mine was, or interior looking onto the lovely gardens. The entire staff is very personable and considerate--even going so far as to provide an early breakfast one day when we had an out-of-town excursion: the early night watchman communicated our "last-minute" request to the late night watchman, who then laid out a breakfast for us at the crack of dawn!

Room Tip: All the guest rooms at Casa Schuck are spacious and nicely appointed (I visited family in other room...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 March 2014

My husband and I stayed for ten days. It was a world class experience. We loved catching the sunset from the roof deck amidst beautiful gardens, relaxing in the courtyard atrium, honor bar and what a breakfast they put on! Centrally located, it is a great location to walk everywhere. Plenty to do and very cultural. Get the newspaper "attention" which comes out every Friday for 15 pesos to see what is going on. The pocket theater aka petite bar puts Out great foreign films 100 pesos includes film, drink and popcorn. The watchword for casa shuck is elegant hacienda with staff comprising the nicest, most accommodating and attentive staff I have ever encountered. I felt like I was living in my own hacienda.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Tuggee1234
Reviewed 18 March 2014

For people who have traveled in Mexico and Latin America, you know that excellent service isn't always a given--even in nice hotels. Well, from the moment I started corresponding pre-trip about transport from Mexico City, massages, and general details, I received detailed information --quickly -- and knew Casa Schuck was top notch! This was a 45th birthday trip from my husband for myself and Mom so we were "two chicas" looking to just settle in and the beauty of Casa Schuck is you can! From the detailed breakfast menu where you could order something different everyday for a week, to enjoying it on the historic central terrace, and then wandering up to the roof deck to read, lounge, enjoy the city views, or have an early cocktail :) It was perfect for us! We also needed help arranging a private guide who was excellent and spent the day with us outside of SMA. Our room (La Biblioteca) was beautiful with a private garden terrace out front, next to the inviting pool. Susan, the owner, is someone you want to convince to join you for dinner, she is so delightful, helpful and quickly we understood why Casa Schuck is so special. Thank you for such a special trip, and helping put these New Englanders back on track after a long winter :)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank dos_chicas2014
Reviewed 17 March 2014

This is a beautiful hotel in a charming city, just a few blocks to the center of town, with lots of shopping, resturants and night life. The hotel was amazing, very clean and welcoming. Loved the view from the rooftop patio. I could have stayed up there all day. Staff was very helpful and accomadating. Breakfast was wonderful. So glad we came back and stayed here again, as it was even better than I remembered. Thanks Casa Schuck for a wonderful trip.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank HappyTravler_9
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We have traveled all around the world, and Casa Schuck offers a wonderful experience for the value. As an airline employee for over 10 years, the prior review was not our experience what so ever. The staff was the selling point as well as the boutique style and cleanliness. Daily breakfast chatting with other travlers, the evening and day staff, the openess and willing to assit at the drop of a hat, is not easy to find these days . This is my first stay and definately not our last. Hats off to this special spot!

Room Tip: There is not a restaurant here as it is a bad and breafast, but doors away is all you need for food.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Danna C
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I like staying in really nice hotels once in a while and am willing to pay up for the experience. In the case of Casa Schuck, I don't feel we got our money's worth. It is a beautiful place, but there are many beautiful hotels to choose from in San Miguel (this one is "average" by comparison to many other places in town). I just thought that the little things were lacking -- you expect really comfortable pillows at this price, and theirs were fine but nothing special. The first night we had only a very, very heavy comforter of some kind and a sheet. I spent the whole first night kicking off the too-hot comforter and then pulling it back on half an hour later when I was too cold under just the sheet. It was not my best night, though they did offer a much more appropriate blanket for the rest of our stay. The bathroom was tiny and not designed to offer much space for toiletries and the like -- getting ready in the morning was a balancing act. I hadn't expected to bring my own body lotion to a place like this. And I thought it odd that they provided only one drinking glass in a double room, though they did provide another, non-matching glass when we asked. The housekeeping staff forgot to refill our carafe of drinking water. All small details but the ones that make the difference between average and excellent.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple