Hotel Posada de San Francisco
Hacienda El Santuario(San Miguel de Allende)
US$163
US$115
Casa Mia Suites Apartments(San Miguel de Allende)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$75
Hotels.com
Hotel Casa Primavera(San Miguel de Allende)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$80
Villa Mirasol Hotel(San Miguel de Allende)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$91
  • Breakfast included
Imperio de Angeles(San Miguel de Allende)(Great Value!)
US$55
View Hotel Boutique(San Miguel de Allende)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$102
Hotel Matilda(San Miguel de Allende)
US$349
Hotels.com
Rosewood San Miguel de Allende(San Miguel de Allende)
US$686
US$651
  • Pool
Belmond Casa de Sierra Nevada(San Miguel de Allende)
US$322
  • Pool
Hotel Dos Casas(San Miguel de Allende)
US$298
US$251
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 December 2007

Friends who know San Miguel well recommended this hotel to me for its location and value. Their recommendation was perfect, as this hotel is ideally situated at one corner of the main plaza. Rooms in front have a great view of all the action while those in back are relatively quiet. If you care about quiet, you should definitely request a room in back. And even then, as is the case with so many hotels in Mexico, earplugs are a good idea to insulate you from noises such as fireworks, church bells, and talkative guests walking in the hall.

The hotel gets an A+ for the comfort of its beds. My travel companion even went so far as to photograph the bed without sheets so as to be able to request one just like it when she returned home. (It was a Sealy mattress.) I think this was the most comfortable bed I have slept on in over thirty years of travels in Mexico.

I only ate once at the hotel's restaurant and that was for breakfast. The food was excellent.

If you are looking for a comfortable, centrally located hotel that is reasonably priced in San Miguel I don't think you are going to do better than the Posada de San Francisco.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with friends
2  Thank redlands
Reviewed 3 December 2007

Located opposite to the main city plaza. Beautiful location and facility. Lots of shopping around and convenient to many city sites.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank GenieC
Reviewed 9 September 2007

My wife and I stayed for one night before moving into our rental casita for the rest of the week. I took the advice of other Trip advisor members and booked an inside room so we had no trouble with street noise. I loved the high ceilings and the rooms were simple but comfortable. After a long days travel, it was nice to relax with a beer in the courtyard bar. We enjoyed our first look at the jardin in the daylight from the nice restaurant on the street level. Overall, I thought the location was great and the price was certainly very reasonable, considering some of the prices in San Miguel. I would definately stay there again and wouldn't hesitate to suggest it to anyone else.

• Stayed: November 2005, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ricka..
Reviewed 3 July 2007

my husband and i spent 3 nights at the hotel posada san fransisco in san miguel de allende and cant wait to stay there again.....the rooms are very spacious and the hotel is located directly across the street from the main plaza and there are many sights and restaurants within walking distance....a beautiful city...highly recommend a visit...

1  Thank saundra64
Reviewed 26 November 2006

My wife and I stayed one night at another hotel in San Miguel, but it was so cold that we left to find a hotel with heat in the rooms (in fairness, we were there during a real cold spell!). The walk up rate we paid was 850 pesos for a double room on the 2nd floor overlooking the plaza and church. The windows are double-glazed and noise certainly wasn't a problem for us (maybe during a festival or on the weekend it would be noisier). The room was large and clean and while not top of the line, was certainly comfortable. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed: November 2006