“An excellant value for an oasis in the middle of town”
Review of Quinta Loreto

and 1 more site!
Quinta Loreto
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This sweet spot is a best kept secret for sure. It has a lovely garden, decent restaurant and even a pool (though I did not see anyone in it). It is a wee bit outdated and basic, but lovely and great value for your money. It is in the center of everything;located right at the artisan market. However it has the quiet peacefulness you want when you need a break from the Mexican streets...oh yeah they took our doggy too.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ms Carol M

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I love everything about it! The room is large (about 500 sq. ft.) with kitchenette with frig, microwave, 4 burner stove, adequate kitchenware, toaster.... (Note: only 3 rooms have kitchen.) The location is FANTASTICO!!!! Sandwiched in between the artisan/fruit & veggie market. A nearly flat walk to El Jardin, and numerous restaurants. The library (heart of this city) is 2 blocks. Seriously, I could live in this room. Carla at the front desk knows everything about everything, the maid is using bleach on these floors (love it!), and every morning I get fresh squeezed OJ at the market. I won't quote the unbelievable monthly rate I got this place for because they have every right to double it, but I would like to go on record as saying that in 40 years of budget travel this is in the top 5 of all deals I've ever gotten! I love this place! The restaurant is very good (though I don't like the animals roaming about), there's a little "meditation garden" which is a nice touch and I love the veranda for sitting outside. Yes, the beds are very hard (but I bought a foam cover at Mega), but that and lack of TV (though most rooms do have one) are my only complaints. This isn't the Hilton, but it's the best budget hotel in all of Mexico. That's why I love it! I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Only 3 of the rooms have kitchen. If you need a TV, be sure to specify when making your reservation...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank KYMary
Reviewed 31 December 2013

This place is "rustico" so if you are a prince or princess, don't come here. However, we needed a place to stay in San Miguel over Christmas week. Between Christmas and New Years, San Miguel is packed with tourists - gringos and well heeled Mexicans and there is nary a room to be had. Plus the prices are double and triple what is usually charged. We felt lucky that our friends managed to get a room here for us. So we were agreeably surprised that it is steps from the Main Plaza, nice and clean, lots of hot water, pleasant grounds and seating areas on the terraces, lots of blankets - it is cold this time of year, pretty comfortable beds, quiet at night, very nice staff, good wifi, secure parking right out front and an EXCELLENT RESTAURANT with great food. All for 750 pesos which is a bargain at this time of year. It is more like 560 the rest of the year, except maybe during Easter. We didn't see a swimming pool but didn't look for one and we didn't use the kitchen at all as it is outdoors in this unit. Anyway, who needs a kitchen when you have an excellent, very reasonable restaurant just a couple doors away? San Miguel is magical at this time of year and worth a visit. The lights, music, fireworks, bells and general bustle are amazing. I highly recommend it even if you don't stay at Quinto Loreto. Where ever you stay, book ahead. Happy New Year.

Room Tip: We were in number four, just down from the restaurant. It was very quiet as no one was sitting outsi...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank margoandthecats
Reviewed 14 December 2013

While I enjoyed each of my stays at Quinta Loreto, informed by email eight days before departure that my upcoming Christmas reservations were sold to someone else! Reprehensible behavior. "A dog gets one bite."

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Real_Disappointed
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This hotel was quite a find. It is right in the middle of everything. There are tons of booths right outside the entry to the hotel where you can buy just about anything. About a five minute walk, or three blocks, is the huge "pink church" and the jardin principal. Everyone was so courteous and accommodating. And the price, WOW, embarrassingly low, yet appreciated. We paid $40 per night. The hotel has a nice pool, beautiful grounds/gardens, and a restaurant that prepares delicious food at reasonable prices. An example...I ordered three beef taquitos which came with a lot of salad and avocado and the cost was 50 pesos. It filled me up. A bowl of guacamole with chips enough for two cost 40 pesos. The rooms, although aged, have everything this traveler wants. Free Internet that actually streams movies(I know, you don't come to San Miguel to stay inside and watch movies) but after a full day, it is nice to have that option. Television that has some English channels, clean rooms, beds that are pretty typical for Mexico, i.e. a bit hard but ok, a ceiling fan(you really don't need ac as it is comfortably cool here), and a kitchenette with fridge, microwave, and dishes. And don't forget...free and ample room for parking...something hard to find in downtown San Miguel.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2013

A very quaint hotel, very rustic feeling but with the basic amenities to spend a few days, nice big rooms with multiple beds, hot/cold water, ceiling fans, and private little back balcony/yard. Free WIFI in the rooms, TV for those that want to stay in, and a very comfy courtyard with some fruit trees, and a side corner with some "Loros" (Parrots). And very reasonable priced, I would surely stay there once again.

Room Tip: All rooms are facing a market, so if you plan on sleeping during the day, not a great place, but at...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cesar U
Reviewed 12 March 2013

We rented a room with a kitchen for $60/night USD. Having the kitchen let us prepare meals and gave us a table to sit at. Wi-fi in the room, nice shower with short, deep tub. Superb location-artesian markets a few steps away, easy walk to center. Quiet with a park adjacent. We loved our stay here!

• Stayed: March 2013