All reviewsmexican foodfront deskvery nice hotelsan migueltowntaxi
Reviewed 3 January 2017

We were in the town for New years and booked a dinner at this hotel. The kitchen is great and the locals say they have a wonderful buffet on weekends, which I believe.

The grounds are wonderful and the hotel is gorgeous. Staff is attentive and well prepared to serve in fine dining.

I took a look at the room prices while roaming the hotel and it seemed to me that it is pricey $5800 pesos per night (300 USD)

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alisoncona
Francisco G, Gerente at Imperio de Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2017

Thanks for your comments Miss Alison, it was a pleasure to have you with us at dinner, hope to have you back soon.

Regards.

Reviewed 12 August 2016

We stayed here for 6 nights in july..upon arrival we were showed to our room and the grounds,pool and room were very nice and clean...After getting settled we noticed that we could not access the internet and we asked if the wi-fi was not working.We were told behind the cupped hand of one of the desk employees that the wi-fi wouldn't work in our room which was too far from the front desk..We wanted to watch movies online so we asked for a new room and were told that it would not be possible until next day...The next day the front desk clerk said to come back at 3pm as that is check out time and rooms would be available then.....well we came back at 4pm and a new clerk knew nothing about this and we waited another hour across from front desk so they wouldn't forget about us before they could find a new room....by the way the first room had no safe and when we moved to the second room it had no wi-fi access,the safe was broken and we were now on the main road and the noise from the road was deafening....in the process of changing rooms my wife's purse was stolen by either an employee or another guest,it was found an hour later with all the cash gone but everything else intact...we were glad to have the credit cards and the passports and didn't follow up with police after advice from front desk staff(in hindsight i think they didn't want the police shining a light on an internal problem as we think we know who stole the purse)...we were told later the wi-fi only works in front lobby and resigned to not watch movies in the room...so the restaurant was great,the pool and grounds and rooms great,but the wi-fi was non existent and advertised by TripAdvisor and the hotel which is dishonest....This hotel has a lot of good things going for it but I would not stay there again because of the noise(forgot to mention the parties and wedding on Saturday night till 3AM) and either dishonest guests or employees.....If you need wi-fi,don't stay here!!!!! and ask for a room away from the main road,better yet stay somewhere else

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the front,near the road
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Neal C
Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

We love our stay! Super nice, excellent arquitecture, nice staff, pool view and SUPER QUIET. Love the decoration, really makes you feel like you are in San Miguel ! Just a few minutes from downtown. Best to take a cab or Uber since parking downtown is scarse. The food was good at the hotel.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2016

My family and I spent one night (luckly just one night) at this hotel July 12. I don't know what was worst, the army of mosquitoes, the constant barking of some dogs thrughout the night or the never ending parade of 18 wheelers on the "highway" off of which the hotel is located. I was barely able to sleep and so the next day I didn't really have an open mind to appreciate the architecture, gardens, pool, etc... This comes to show once more that it doesn't matter where one stays if one can't sleep, no amenities can make up for it the following day. I have stayed at hundreds of hotels in hundreds of cities and I can not remember the last time I had such a hard time fighting mosquitoes, the barking of dogs and the constant noise of the 18 wheelers... All at the same time! This was the first and last time I stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: If you HAVE to stay at this hotel get a room as far away from the highway as possible
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

My stay at Imperio de Angeles was really good. The hotel is just beautiful, rooms, restaurant, gardens, everything.

The only problem Ifound with this hotel is that it is not close to walk to San Miguel's center, and there is nothing really close to a walking distance.

The staff was ok, but while I was having dinner I felt unattended, there was only one waiter and he dissapeared from time to time.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 5 July 2016

Dear Guest, thank four your feed back.