“Disappointed ”

Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Argentinian, Grill
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: La Virundela: es una aventura gourmet de la gastronomia tradicional argentina.
Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

Walked to this restaurant just to find out they are out business. Couldn't try the food. Disappointed.

Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

My wife and I arrived at 7:30 and were promptly seated. Casual atmosphere with seating inside or outside in the open air dining area.
Alex was our waiter and spoke good English. He brought a plate of bread that is made at the restaurant with an olive oil and herb dip that was very good.
You must order the olive appetizer which is made by the owner's (Lila) mother. The olives take 3 weeks to prepare and come out of her mother's garden. Also, go for the cheese plate appitizer.
We had the 500g and 300g ribeyes with vegetables as our entree. I suggest just splitting the 500g steak unless you are really hungry. The steaks were cooked to perfection and very tender.
Service was great. I highly recommend going to La Virundela while in San Miguel.

Reviewed 21 April 2016 via mobile

The La Virundela was recommended to us by another guest at our BnB. She said it was the best restaurant she had eaten at during her week in San Miguel. Being in the mood for a good steak, we gave it a try. We were not disappointed. I ordered the small ribeye and I was sure they brought me the larger cut. They had not. My traveling companion ordered the T bone. Both were perfectly cooked, juicy and tender. The salad was also superb and the mushrooms delicious. In addition, the owner, Lila, talked with us for quite a long time. She was charming, vivacious and attentive. She made dinner suggestions and checked to make sure everything was perfect. The head chef, Victor, also checked to make sure we were well satisfied with the meal. Both of them were delightful. It also has great atmosphere. The courtyard where we ate was beautiful. It was a special night for us. A bit of a splurge, but well worth it. We got the best of everything. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 20 April 2016

We wanted to give this place a try and I´m glad we did. Looking at the reviews it was notable that the lower reviews came before the new owner.
The new owner is very sincere and really is interested in you enjoying the meal. The young chef is also quite interested in making sure you enjoy yourself.

The Burrata salad was just fabulous and it was nice that it´s made with the local cheese from Remos. I ordered the mushrooms with the blue cheese sauce as well and although it was not as creamy a sauce as I expected, it was better than it would have been with a heavy sauce. The cheese as a seasoning and it really let the mushrooms come thru.
We ordered the flank steak and the Rib eye. Both were cooked properly and had very good flavor. I think all in all we preferred the flank steak.
I really think this spot is worth a try and I look forward to a return visit

1  Thank sraroe
Reviewed 15 April 2016 via mobile

We dined at this fabulous restaurant on our second night in San Miguel - it is going to be hard to top....even the olives were delicious. This restaurant would easily & successfully fit into the Bay Area food scene. Service was warm but professional and the chef made time to personally bring us our entrees and gift us an inventive cucumber sorbet for dessert. Don't miss this restaurant .