Hotel Posada de las Monjas
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Matilda(San Miguel de Allende)
US$345
US$338
Hacienda de Las Flores(San Miguel de Allende)
US$129
  • Breakfast included
US$240
  • Pool
Rosewood San Miguel de Allende(San Miguel de Allende)
US$441
US$403
  • Pool
Posada de la Aldea(San Miguel de Allende)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$88
Hotel FK(San Miguel de Allende)
US$160
US$98
Casa Quetzal Hotel(San Miguel de Allende)(Great Value!)
US$70
Hotel Hacienda Taboada(San Miguel de Allende)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$113
Imperio de Angeles(San Miguel de Allende)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$63
Hotel Casa Primavera(San Miguel de Allende)(Great Value!)
US$65
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfew blockstelevisioncharmmexicoplantszocalolascomfort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 April 2013

We stayed at the Posada de las Monjas last year and enjoyed it very much. I recently came across a family video where my wife, kids and I commented on how nice this place was and how lucky we were to have found it; that prompted me to write this review! We lost track of time, and decided to stay in SMA for the night. On a recommendation from an ex-pat, we walked over to the hotel to check for vacancies. We were fortunate to find a couple of rooms for our entire family. I was very excited to learn they provided private parking a few blocks away. The rooms were nice and clean. Our room was a bit noisy due to it being facing the street...the kids loved that. They felt they got to experience some of the night life, while in the safety of the room. Overall, very pleased with the find. We will undoubtedly stay there in a future visit to San Miguel de Allende!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ivan R
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I have stayed here several times over the past couple of decades and I found it is still an unbeatable value. The rooms vary in size but they are comfortable and clean, there is plenty of hot water, and free parking is provided in a guarded lot right at the hotel. It is only a couple of blocks to the principal plaza. I could not believe the price! It has to be the lowest in San Miguel for what you get. My room on my last visit (March 2013) had a living room with a fire place and a huge tiled bath. It was very clean and the bed was comfortable although I would have liked a better pillow. The restaurant is good and reasonable and there is a bar. The hotel is often booked during holidays and vacation. I found a rate on one of the top internet sites but since I wasn't sure of my arrival, I called. They said they had rooms so I didn't worry. The rate was 1/3 less than the internet site. If you want to splurge, SMA has many super hotels and B&Bs at super prices. I'll definitely stay here the next time I am in SMA.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Oaxacaone
Reviewed 2 December 2012

We stayed here during the week with 2 other couples and what a place, it is gorgeous, huge, had great secure parking and lots of rooms to choose from. Each room had a fireplace in it which we ended up not using and it was late Nov. Rooms only have double beds but you can get more than one, staff speaks English and the lobby was very nice. No TV's or phones but when you are on vacation who needs them. This is Mexico folks. 2 blocks from the Jardin and the beautiful church, we all felt very safe even out at night.
The only negative we have is that they charged for coffee, but if you want it you will pay.
We would recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: We stayed in room #39
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 197JulieH197
Reviewed 8 March 2012

This hotel is very well located, within walking distance from most of the interesting places, and has parking space (something very hard to find in SMA).
The rates are very accesible, and sometimes the rooms are not that clean (Ive stayed there on several occasions) and the towels are very very old. There is no TV or phone (but if your are at SMA, what do you want them for).

It is a very good option if you are in a budget.

WARNING: Never let them give you the rooms at the back of the hotel, there´s a property behind the hotel that is pretty much a farm, and the roosters and other animals wont let you sleep in.

Room Tip: Do not choose rooms at the back of the hotel. Pick the ones at the center. The ones close to the street are noisy, but not as much as the back ones.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Elena G
Reviewed 27 July 2011

My wife and I stayed at this beautiful ex-convent in March '11. The rooms are definitely no frills. Only the necessities found here, but a very romantic allure. We had a balcony room overlooking the city and the views are breathtaking. If you are looking for 5 star accommodations, don't stay here. If you want to spend your time in a magnificently crafted structure and enjoy the history of days gone by then you cannot go wrong here. I would not recommend this place for kids.

The grounds were very nice and plenty of balcony areas to sit and enjoy the view and take in breakfast or a beverage.

There wasn't a lot of people there during our visit so it was very quiet, except for the construction down the hill in the mornings.

Check-in was simple and the gentleman tending the office spoke good English and was very nice and helpful with information. You pay by the night here and walk-ins were welcomed. Check out process was just as easy.

Housekeeping was good and the workers were friendly.

I do not recommend the restaurant. We ate lunch there one day and you can find much better food just down the street and better value for the money.

The location is within a short walk to the downtown and zocolo.

Room Tip: Request a balcony room for best views.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family