“One of my favorite days in San Miguel”

Cristi Fer Art Gallery and Workshops
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Original paintings and photography.Contemporary fine art.Custom designed art lessons for your level of experience. All materials included
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Brooklyn, New York
“One of my favorite days in San Miguel”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I took the 1 painting in 1 day workshop with Cristiana and Fernando and it was by far one of my favorite things I did while in San Miguel. Cristiana's instruction was prescriptive and yet fluid enough that I could learn from her while experimenting on my own. I didn't want the class to end and was eager to come back for more. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking to explore and/or expand their creativity and painting abilities while in San Miguel!

Kansas City
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent instruction and Fun class”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I took 5 paintings in 5 days and loved the classes. Cristiana and Fernando are accomplished artists with amazing patience and teaching techniques. I love the processes and the results. Very nice in a very calming and pleasant environment! Loved it! I plan on signing up for more classes in the near future.

california
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“The best!”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I recently took two days of art classes at the Cristi Fer Art Studio. Each day I did a different scene from San Miguel. Both Cristi and her husband were so accommodating in trying to help me decide on colors and texture. There were only two of us in the class so it was like a private art session. After my Monday class, I could not wait until my return on Wednesday. Time just flew as I painted away. This is a wonderful way to spend time in San Miguel.

Visited February 2014
ArtandStaff, Owner at Cristi Fer Art Gallery and Workshops, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Thank you for taking the classes and sharing you wonderful paintings with us. It was a pleasure working with you and sharing tips on the creative process. What a honor to work with such a talented artist!
Vancouver, Canada
“A day full of colour”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I contacted this studio having seen a flyer advertising the one day workshops. Cristiana responded quickly to my email query and was very accommodating in setting a date for the workshop. Taxi picked me up and took me to the studio where I spent lovely day learning some basic principles of colour and abstract painting. Lunch was included. As an absolute beginner to the process, this was a great way to jump in. Cristiana was an attentive and supportive teacher. I'm inspired to continue at home. Hope to come back and learn more. shaunaB

Visited November 2013
It's such a pleasure for us to work with people like you excited over the creative process and open to learning, non judgmental of themselves! We are looking forward to see you back soon in San Miguel!
California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A magical art retreat with Cristi”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This was a most wonderful art & travel retreat that I've experienced. I attended a personal art & healing-creativity retreat at Cristi & Fer's Art Studio in San Miguel de Allende. Cristi was very responsive from the beginning in terms of my questions and trying to plan my trip in which I'd never been to San Miguel and was traveling alone. She was very responsive and addressed any concerns I had in making arrangements for this trip. She made it easy in terms of payment using Paypal as well. Upon arrival, both Cristi and her husband, Fernando, were welcoming and very hospitable - allowed for personal space and were not intrusive but attentive to my needs. I loved the room I stayed in; decorated in a way aligned with the Mexican culture and simple. The bed was comfortable which is important :).
The experience of the week was a perfect blend between being able to create & do healing work in addition to exploring San Miguel - and playing. Cristi is an amazing art therapist with talent as a painter as well. She has the qualities of being non-judgmental, caring, self-aware, and empathic; in addition she is very skilled at using the expressive arts to help one heal, grow, and move through transitions. One of the themes that emerged for me was the need to do clearing work; to remove and let go of the emotional and physical clutter & baggage in my life. She helped me to identity this as a next step in my journey and gave me very specific ways to work on this; I'm continuing with this work since having returned home.
Cristi was also very accommodating in making my travel and exploration experience in San Miguel a positive one. They provided a daily cab ride down into the central part of the town - El Jardin. She took me to one of their favorite taco place which was so tasty and to one of her frequently visited clothing stores...Chaskis, where I spent lots of pesos :). Her husband commented that I was looking more Mexican every day - with my clothing attire and jewelry. I enjoyed doing the red bus tour of the town too. Another highlight was Cristi taking me to the Mercado de Artisanians - so fabulous ! And of course, I took lots of photos as usual.
I would very much recommend this trip to anyone interested in an amazing blend of art, healing, and travel to a magical town of San Miguel.

Visited October 2013