“An artistic jump start!”

Cristi Fer Art Gallery and Workshops
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Original paintings and photography.Contemporary fine art.Custom designed art lessons for your level of experience. All materials included
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Vancouver
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“An artistic jump start!”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I spent 3 afternoons with Cristiana at the Cristi Fer studio. My goal was to learn about plein aire painting in a nurturing environment. Cristiana is a gentle and skilled teacher. As a retired visual art teacher, I was impressed by her commitment to teaching some new techniques with acrylic paint and guiding my creative expression. She took the time to find out about my experience with painting and we went from there. Painting in the studio garden and in the studio on the third afternoon was an intense and personally satisfying experience. I really appreciated the preparatory drawings that I was encouraged to complete prior to each painting, this helped me develop strong images. I'm very happy with my finished paintings, they will be a wonderful memory of my time in San Miguel de Allende. When I return, I'd love to work with Cristiana again!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank VancouverPainter

Ancaster, Canada
“Creating Something Memorable”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I had the great privilege of meeting Cristina and Fernando at their comfortable and well-equipped art studio.Their advertisement that stated you can create a painting in in one day really caught my eye. It sounded like a gimmick. As an art educator for young students, I just had to check this out!
Well, lo and behold ... it was true!
Cristi and Fernando were very welcoming and affirming, put students at their ease, gave a lot of individual attention and instructed using sound art principles. I was very pleased with my results, so much so that I returned for a second day and another painting! If you are in San Miguel, a city of art, you owe it to yourself to visit the Cristi Fer Art Studio. Gaiyle

Visited March 2014
Brooklyn, New York
“One of my favorite days in San Miguel”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I took the 1 painting in 1 day workshop with Cristiana and Fernando and it was by far one of my favorite things I did while in San Miguel. Cristiana's instruction was prescriptive and yet fluid enough that I could learn from her while experimenting on my own. I didn't want the class to end and was eager to come back for more. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking to explore and/or expand their creativity and painting abilities while in San Miguel!

Kansas City
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent instruction and Fun class”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I took 5 paintings in 5 days and loved the classes. Cristiana and Fernando are accomplished artists with amazing patience and teaching techniques. I love the processes and the results. Very nice in a very calming and pleasant environment! Loved it! I plan on signing up for more classes in the near future.

california
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“The best!”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I recently took two days of art classes at the Cristi Fer Art Studio. Each day I did a different scene from San Miguel. Both Cristi and her husband were so accommodating in trying to help me decide on colors and texture. There were only two of us in the class so it was like a private art session. After my Monday class, I could not wait until my return on Wednesday. Time just flew as I painted away. This is a wonderful way to spend time in San Miguel.

Visited February 2014
ArtandStaff, Owner at Cristi Fer Art Gallery and Workshops, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Thank you for taking the classes and sharing you wonderful paintings with us. It was a pleasure working with you and sharing tips on the creative process. What a honor to work with such a talented artist!