Casa de la Cuesta
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Rosewood San Miguel de Allende(San Miguel de Allende)
US$441
US$404
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hacienda de Las Flores(San Miguel de Allende)
US$129
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Casa Primavera(San Miguel de Allende)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$59
Posada de la Aldea(San Miguel de Allende)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$88
US$300
US$240
  • Pool
Casa Quetzal Hotel(San Miguel de Allende)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$70
Casa de Aves(San Miguel de Allende)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$109
Imperio de Angeles(San Miguel de Allende)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$63
View Hotel Boutique(San Miguel de Allende)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$109
Arcada San Miguel(San Miguel de Allende)
US$64
US$58
All reviewsfolk artceremonial masksbill's mask museummexican artmexican masksb bhonor barsan miguelyogurtgreat hostsamazing collectioneach morninglarge tableother guestsbed and breakfastglass of winemexican breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Casa de la Cuesta B&B for ten days and absolutely loved it. We selected this place because of the great reviews on TripAdvisor, and every positive thing that had been written about this place, is true! Bill and Heidi are very knowledgeable and helpful and the breakfasts are amazing! The mask museum is not to be missed. Bill is extremely knowledgeable and entertaining. We loved staying in the Colibri room with beautiful hummingbirds hovering over the bird feeder right outside our door and a floor-to-ceiling window in the room revealed the perfect view of the Parroquia! Wtih just a short walk to Centro, we highly recommend this place to anyone visiting San Miguel. We will definitely return!

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, do not select the Garden Room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Teddy R
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I selected Casa de la Cuesta on the basis of the web pictures and description, so was not entirely sure what to expect. We arrived after an overnight bus trip from Puerto Vallarta to a delicious hot breakfast and the warmest of welcomes from Bill and Heidi. We stayed with them for 9 days over Christmas and made full use of their expertise in all things Mexican -- their enthusiasm is contagious! With their guidance we were able to explore the surrounding towns and enjoyed a wonderful hike into the mountains with Bill. Casa de la Cuesta is an experience in itself, a wonderful pied-a-terre for travellers and a great opportunity to share daily adventures with the other guests over a glass of wine by the fire.... we felt like family......

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I've never written a hotel review before, but after a truly wonderful experience at Casa de la Cuesta I feel that it would be a disservice to future visitors of San Miguel Allende to not share my positive experience.

The B&B is incredibly charming. It has a wonderful view of San Miguel, communal terraces that are perfect for a glass of wine, functional fireplaces, a complementary breakfast that cannot be matched in the city, and lovely owners who make you feel right at home. I will tell all of my friends to stay nowhere else!

Room Tip: Each room has its own unique size, decor, and charm. Look at the hotel's room photos to choose the one that works best for you.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I was looking for a place that reminded me of the San Miguel I remember from 40 YEARS PAST.
Heidi and Bill have captured all this special quality.They have
'"The San Miguel VIEW"! The rooms all are beautifully appointed and comfortable.The breakfast was ample and delicious..Bill and Heidi found us driver /guides for day trips..and even a archeologist to take us to a spectacular ruin nearby..Every trip was quite reasonable in price.The house and attached Mask Museum are a treasure trove of folk art.The inn is actually more beautiful in person than on the website.I and my son are high maintenance ,Bill and Heidi accommodated us with panache!

Room Tip: all the rooms are good and well described.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Casa de la Cuesta was one of the best finds my husband and I have ever made in looking for places to stay! Bill and Heidi's home takes you back in time to the quintessential Mexican colonial hacienda, but with all the modern conveniences of home. Beautifully decorated and fantastic breakfasts. We had a charming room with a patio and beautiful view and it's just a short walk down into the center of the old town area. Bill and Heidi were helpful with ideas on things to do and directions and are themselves experts in Mexican history and culture. Can't say enough good things about it!

Room Tip: Don't think there's a bad room, but try to get one with a balcony.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple