“Las Terrazas Is Our SMA Favorite”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Miguel de Allende
Las Terrazas San Miguel
Reviewed 28 January 2012

We continue to make Las Terrazas our singluar place to stay when we do SMA, which has now evolved into 2 trips per year. Staying at Las Terrazas is quiet and comfortable, as even though you remain just 5-7 mins of a walk to the Jardin, it feels like you are outside the city and the bustle of the downtown. Beyond the door on Santo Domingo, you find a beautiful setting of plants stones, fountains and plenty of tranquility. The staff on site makes us always consistently feel like we are at home, bringing breakfast in every evening for the following morning, customizing a wide range of fruits, baked goods, yogurt and juices. The casa is cleaned daily and they do a terrific job of keeping everything to the highest level of satisfaction. We have stayed here now six times over the past 4 years, it remains the only place we would stay. Personally, you can have the Rosewood and all that upscale stuff, which for me is not what SMA is about. In contrast, give me Las Terrazas, which feels like SMA: warm, comfortable and hospitable.

Room Tip: All the Casas are great but I would recommend you pick one of the two higher up on the slope so you...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank drfm3

Reviewed 24 January 2012

Every year 3 of my best friends and I go on vacation. Since I have stayed at Las Terrazas before we all decided to go to San Miguel this past December. I love Mexico and had such a great experience before so I wanted my friends to see San Miguel. Kathi was our host and was so nice and friendly and even invited us up to the top balcony so we could see the Christmas lights of San Miguel at night, the view was amazing. Being women traveling alone in Mexico we felt very safe in San Miguel and Las Terrazas is so close to the city center, shopping and great restaurants If you are looking for a bed and beakfast in San Miguel I give Las Terrazas 10 stars and the city of San Miguel is a place you have to visit.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 January 2012

On this trip to San Miguel I was accompanied by a new friend who had never been to SMA, so I was able to be a novice tour guide for her. I had bragged about Las Terrazas from my previous stays there, and my friend confirmed what I know to be true - the casas are beautifully decorated, the service and food just perfect, and the closeness to the Jardin most important. We were able to spend lots of time relaxing with a glass (or more) of wine among the flowers and fountains to balance the time spent seeing all the wonderful things in San Miguel. I'll be back, and as usual, I'll stay at Las Terrazas!!

Room Tip: The property is terraced, so the lower levels may be better for some visitors.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank LoieD
Reviewed 20 July 2011

I went to San Miguel for the 4th of July weekend and stayed at Las
Terrazas. My girlfriend and I went with another couple and stayed in
the Casa Grillo. When we arrived, we were greeted by Kathi, the
property manager. She showed us to our "house" on the 1st floor and we
instantly fell in love.

The house had a full kitchen with all appliances and dishes. It also
had a spacious living room with 2 sofas, a flat screen tv, and a fully functioning fireplace that provided a nice homey ambiance. The
bedrooms were big and comfortable and had ceiling fans that kept the
rooms cool.

Kathi showed her warm character from the second we walked in until we
said our goodbyes. She suggested the greatest places and was so
familiar with San Miguel (ask her about the gorditas - yum!!). Saying
she went above and beyond would not be fair to her. Mati, who also
works at Las Terrazas kept our house clean and neat.

Other things worth mentioning are the laundry facilities on site, the
outdoor patios that allow you to enjoy a pleasant meal/drink, and the
daily breakfast delivery. At other bed and breakfasts, you're required
to sit and eat when you're told to. At Las Terrazas, you get a menu
the day before and the food comes to you so you can have it whenever
you'd like. Finally, there was a community closet near the front door
that had tons of movies and novels to borrow which made me particularly
happy because I had gone through both of books.

I would highly recommend San Miguel and especially Las Terrazas

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mochoa22
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We (2 couples) stayed in the Casa Grillo and could not have had a better time. There was more than enough room for us, the accommodations were immaculate (and stayed that way, thanks to Mati the wonderful housekeeper), and we were super close to town ( a short walk down the hill). Also the breakfasts were great, they bring it the night before so you can eat whenever, with lots of tasty options. The real highlight though was Kathi, the manager of the place. She was full of great suggestions, friendly but not intrusive, and just wonderful. We actually extended our stay, and Kathi was a major factor in that decision. She really cared, and went above and beyond to make sure our stay was perfect. I can't recommend this place highly enough!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Spare4mayer
Reviewed 17 July 2011

I came to Las Terrazas, Casa Grillo for a 5 day trip with my boyfriend, best friend and her husband. San Miguel de Allende is an incredibly beautiful and special place in itself - but our stay at Las Terrazas perfected the entire trip. The house is absolutely gorgeous and the garden and patio are beautiful and sweet - the perfect place to take in the sun or to drink a delicious michelada after a long day in town! Kathi, who manages the property, was beyond words. When we arrived, she took the time to give us a specialized orientation not only of our casa, but also of everything that San Miguel had to offer according to our group's specific interests - classes, restaurants, day trips, even possible pet adoptions! It was so special to have her there throughout our stay. I admit that I'm not always so easy to please but Las Terrazas truly became a home away from home for us. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Talia42
Reviewed 9 April 2011

We stayed here for the first time in mid-March 2011. Everything was perfect, and I am not so easy to please. The casa was immaculate and a wonderful space in which to stay. Kathi and Mary Beth, who were managing Las Terrazas when we were there, could not do enough to help. We received a wonderful orientation to San Miguel, and they were always there for just the right suggestion for a restaurant or the right tour guide. Their genuine desire to help and Kathi's long-term knowledge of San Miguel was invaluable to us, since it was our first visit. Our 2-bedroom casa was a wonderful space, and we appreciated the intelligent and historically aware renovation of the space. The tile is beautiful as are the many indigenous works of art. We are deeply grateful to Las Terrazas and Kathi and Mary Beth!

Room Tip: I suspect all of the casas are very attractive.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple