“It Doesn't Get Any Better”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Miguel de Allende
Las Terrazas San Miguel
CA
“It Doesn't Get Any Better”
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Returning to San Miguel for my 10th time, and staying at Las Terrazas, was like going home once again. All three castias are beautifully appointed and very well equipped to make your stay enjoyable and comfortable. The terraces are arranged so that each casita is very private and the plants and flowers create a beautiful and peaceful refuge after a busy day. The location is convenient and close to all the activities around the Jardin. Kathi, the manager, is delightful and available to help make your stay in this lovely city exceptional. What fun to introduce my new husband to this wonderful place which is a little piece of heaven. Las Terrazas is now "our" home away from home.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Minnetonka
Reviewed 17 March 2013

We stayed a whole week in Mariposa in February, while it was snowing at home. The minute we stepped into the garden from the narrow cobblestone street we felt all our travel stress disappear. The lovely garden staircase cannot be captured in any photograph. It is incredibly private and soothing. Mariposa was all set for us with some Margaritas in the refrigerator, a huge bowl of fruit and guide material for the area as well as the weekly events paper (in English). Every day was a relaxing start with choice of breakfast items delivered to the casa. The shower had plenty of hot water, and the tap water is treated and safe to drink.
There was something to do in walking distance every day, and we had a wide range of interesting and tasty food and drink in the neighborhood, or a cheap taxi ride away. If you don't want to walk, the taxis are plentiful within a block from home. At no time did we ever feel unsafe, and several times Americans who live there stopped and gave us directions. The weather was perfect during the day and when it was cool at night we used the small gas fireplace which kept us cozy.
I recommend you ask for a private driver from the airport. Murray helped us with that, and he always uses drivers from a reliable service. On Wednesday we had our driver take us to nearby cities to learn about the history of the area and to do some ceramic shopping. It was enlightening to learn about Mexican history and also about how modern Mexico is changing. Miguel was fantastic as our driver and tour guide, and found us the best ice cream!
We decided to totally relax the last day we were there and had a wonderful massage at a hotel a couple of blocks away. What a great way to end the week!
You can be confident you are making a great decision to stay at Las Terrazas!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2012 via mobile

We just stayed 4 nights at Las Terrazas Casa Colibi and loved it. Kathi was a wonderful hostess and the breakfasts were so good we didn't need lunch. We are now at Sierra Nevada for our last 3 nights and we miss Las Terrazas. We will stay at Las Terrazas next time for the full week.

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 31 May 2012 via mobile

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at las Terrazas. We were very glad we booked a week in Casa Mariposa. We took a shuttle from Mexico City and arrived late. We didn't have to worry about finding dinner because Murray had a roasted chicken, braised vegetables and wine waiting for us in our refrigerator! Casa Mariposa is very comfortable. It has separate kitchen and dining room. It has a large bathroom and bedroom as well as a private rooftop patio. I liked going to sleep listening to the water fountain just outside our bedroom.
Here are some more reasons to visit:
The property is secure; no worries about safety
The staff are friendly and were helpful with recommendations and reservations
The location is just a few blocks from the Parrish (about 6)
The casita is private
Nice towels and linens
Breakfast is delivered to your kitchen every day; everything is on your schedule
Kitchen was big enough to cook in. We made a four course dinner after going to the local market.

The only shortcoming in our Casa was spotty Wifi reception.
I took a peak in the other casas and they are all nice. One even had a bath tub, so you might ask for that one if you like to soak.
San Miguel was so beautiful. I love the old buildings and historic center. This would be a great place to return with family. I didn't have any concerns about safety. Locals were very friendly, food was tasty and the whole trip was quite inexpensive. I think it's unfortunate that many Americans consider ALL of Mexico to be unsafe because of narco traffic. There certainly isn't a problem in this area.
If you need transportation from MEX and don't want to change busses, you might try Baji Go Shuttle ~$75 per person each way. Reservations were easy and they had staff waiting for us as we exited customs.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I have been having a quiet morning in a rainy San Francisco and I started day dreaming about San Miguel and the lovely Las Terrazas and my host Kathi. I miss them all....the people, the city, the food and dear, helpful Kathi. Just want to let everyone know that my last trip to Las Terrazas in January 2012 was a wonderful as ever. I want to go back right now!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank suzriley
Orange County
Reviewed 28 January 2012

We continue to make Las Terrazas our singluar place to stay when we do SMA, which has now evolved into 2 trips per year. Staying at Las Terrazas is quiet and comfortable, as even though you remain just 5-7 mins of a walk to the Jardin, it feels like you are outside the city and the bustle of the downtown. Beyond the door on Santo Domingo, you find a beautiful setting of plants stones, fountains and plenty of tranquility. The staff on site makes us always consistently feel like we are at home, bringing breakfast in every evening for the following morning, customizing a wide range of fruits, baked goods, yogurt and juices. The casa is cleaned daily and they do a terrific job of keeping everything to the highest level of satisfaction. We have stayed here now six times over the past 4 years, it remains the only place we would stay. Personally, you can have the Rosewood and all that upscale stuff, which for me is not what SMA is about. In contrast, give me Las Terrazas, which feels like SMA: warm, comfortable and hospitable.

Room Tip: All the Casas are great but I would recommend you pick one of the two higher up on the slope so you...