“Wonderful Place!”

Casa Cordelli Villas
“Wonderful Place!”
Reviewed 31 October 2004

I came to San Miguel for a friend's wedding and loved staying at Casa Cordelli with breakfast at Casa Schuck. The Sunset room was quiet and peaceful, with wonderful views of the city and spectacular sunsets! The location is an easy walk to the town center and the "hike" up the hill was a good balance to my increased food consumption. I highly recommend both Casa Cordelli and Casa Schuck.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed 19 September 2004

This was my 4th trip to SM and I've stayed in several hotels and with some friends.

During this trip I had the pleasure of staying at both Casa Schuck and Casa Cordelli.
They are simply the best places you can stay in SM.

I found Casa Cordelli to be quite unique. Unique for it's lush gardens, spacious grounds and quiet seclusion yet located so conveniently close to the center of town. On my walks to town I stopped every time and took in the best view of SM from the El Mirador, just steps from Casa Cordelli.

Susan and Chuck, the proprietors, as well as the friendly staff made me feel welcome. Though I stayed in a very comfortable single suite, I'm already contemplating my next trip--which will certainly involve the rental of one of the gorgeous villas on the property with some friends.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 August 2004

During my third trip to SMA, it was necessary for me to change accommodations. I went in search of a place after a long day of painting - feeling bedraggled, tired and desparate for a hot shower. I was familar with Casa Schuck from looking at the property with regret during a previous trip that I was not staying there. Luckily, Susan found me a spot at Casa Cordelli in the Sunset Room. After trudging in with too much luggage (I always overpack!), Chuck assisted and gave me the grand tour of awesome Casa Cordelli gardens, casas, casitas and rooms. Never was I so glad to see the lovely Sunset Room with its grand views of SMA, but especially grateful for the hot shower and a chilled glass of wine! It was the perfect solution to my accommodation dilemma and will glady stay again with the fine folks, Susan, Chuck and Carlo at Casa Schuck and Casa Cordelli! Now, if my daughter will consider a destination wedding in SMA at Casa Schuck...

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 July 2004

We stayed at the Casa Cordelli Villa and greatly enjoyed our stay. Overall very nice rooms and great views. Well decorated and the decks off the bedrooms are outstanding. Be prepared to walk a good amount to get to the town square since Casa Cordelli is a good hike up the hill. This is a great place for a large group that would want to rent out all the houses/rooms.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 July 2004

This place is fabulous. Quiet houses in lush gardens or well-appointed rooms in a hotel. Either way the people are courteous and friendly and the breakfast is fabulous.

If in San Miguel, this is the only place I'd stay.

Very highly recommended

Bill Denney

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Boston
Reviewed 17 May 2004

Casa Cordelli is very clean and seems very well run. The villas and even the individual rooms seem very homey and the owners' touch is apparent. The big negative we had was that the downhill walk to town was more steep than we had believed and it was difficult for my mother-in-law to traverse. We ended up mostly taking cabs for that reason (but they were very reasonable). The other small negative is that the overflow rooms we used had no TV. Would have been nice. I would highly recommend it if the walk is no problem for you.

• Stayed May 2004