“Great place! (The reviewer below must have had a bad day.)`”
Review of The Beer Company

The Beer Company
Description: Enjoy more than 180 imported beers and Mexican crafts. Enjoy our delicious Chicken Wings, Salads, Ciabattas, Tacos.
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
“Great place! (The reviewer below must have had a bad day.)`”
Reviewed 28 February 2013

I had to react when I saw the completely off-the-mark review by zpmatt below. He is so wrong. I love The Beer Company! (In fact, I looked up zpmatt's other reviews and sure enough, he also pans another favorite spot in SMA, Pescaü restaurant, which is consistently fabulous. So don't believe anything he says about The Beer Company.)

Here's the truth: The Beer Company is a sweet little pub offering hundreds of artisan beers from around the world. My boyfriend and I are working our way around the world one beer at a time, and so far our favorites are the Belgians, the British, and—ta dah!—the Mexican beers!

As for the food, we like it and so do all of our friends, who could choose to eat anywhere but come to The Beer Company at least once a week for Friday night karaoke (7pm-midnight) and dinner. My favorite thing to order is a salad—they have a delicious one with mangoes, and also one with apples and blue cheese, to which I usually ask them to add slices of locally made Italian sausage for a hearty dinner! Other favorites are the wings and the fish 'n chips. This week they are introducing handmade individual-size pizzas. Get the Mexican one with refried beans on it—sooooo good and spicy!

Even if you're not into karaoke, The Beer Company is a great place to watch a soccer game or American football on TV. Other special events are broadcast there, too, via satellite. The bilingual owners, Toño and Liz, will hang out with you and often give out samples of whatever new beer they just got in, like the Dos Aves brand on tap, brewed in San Miguel. They make the place feel like home.

One more thing: The Beer Company is where we stop on the way to a party, because why bring an ordinary bottle of wine or regular old beer when you can offer the host a selection of interesting, beautifully packaged beers from around the world, or to go with the party theme! Nice to have a place that is both a pub and an offsale beer boutique!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Wrytr

“It's a good thing that they have alot of beer because the food sucked”
Reviewed 16 December 2012

I was looking forward to eating some great chicken wings and homemade fries, yet what I got was horrible. The wings were small, dry, overcooked and expensive. If it wasn't for the beer i would have left and requested a refund. I don't know if I got left overs from the day before or what, but for over $300 pesos before the beer we were completely disappointed. We have had Chicken Wings at other establishments in Mexico and most of the time they are consistent. Yet for a place that is suppose to specialize in Chicken Wings, they really need to do a better job.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank zpmatt
Guanajuato, Mexico
“Great Honey beer”
Reviewed 15 August 2012

I couldn´t believe in San Miguel can try my favorite beer, Honey Dew. I was walking arround in San Miguel´s downtown and got into a tiny beer place called Beer Company. I supoused to spend just a minute to get a beer and finally fell in love with Liz and Tono´s warm knowledge.

Get there to feel a real experience on beer World.

see you