“over priced and disappointing”
Review of MX

MX
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I live in San Miguel and took my daughter and
a visitor there a few days ago. The terrace bar was lovely. The music annoying, but I am not 18 years old. I had wine and it was terrible. The chili pepper and avocado margaritas were interesting and good. We escaped the music and went downstairs to dine. My daughter asked for music to be turned down. The dinner was bland, too salty, colorless and very over priced. We had had cocktails at the Rosewood terrace bar a few days before and it was great and not as expensive as MX.

There are newer reviews for MX

Reviewed 14 April 2013

MX is a lovely setting on the roof top deck but unfortunately the Sushi and drinks fall short. My wife wanted to celebrate her birthday with some friends at MX, our first time, mainly because she had heard that the Sushi was excellent. The sushi, in fact was fairly tasty and quite ample and probaby worth trying again. All the sushi contained cream cheese and there was no wasabi, ginger or soy sauce to accompany it. However, the drinks were barely acceptable. I ordered a straight up martini ( quite easy to make) and it was so horribly watered down that I sent it back. My replacement wasn't any better but I decided to suffer through it. Our friends were satisfied with their meals but also complained about the bar drinks. Service was good and friendly but the overall experience fell short of the high praise we had heard from others.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

we sit on the upper terrace, they have chilling music, and a sushi menu, it was very good, my roll was perfect, my husband had actually several options for vegetarian sushi, and they where so nice that they even offered to him to prepare a special roll for him in case he didnt find atractive enough the suggestions of the menu...

The decoration of the place is interesting, mexican and modern.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

We have eaten at MX frequently since the new chef and menu began at the end of February. We tried most of the dishes on the menu and they have all been great.

Our favorite appetizer is the stuffed guajillo and jalapeno chile. It’s hard to choose a favorite main course because we loved the octopus and the baked goat. The vegetable platter was huge and delicious and the fish Vericruzana reminded me of a recent trip to Coatepec.

The stylish décor and efficient and friendly service complete the picture.

Reviewed 5 February 2013

myself and three friends each ordered different foods dishes. All were a disasters. They were tuns, shrimp, salmon, and beef.