“Beautiful rooms!”
Review of La Morada Hotel

La Morada Hotel
Reviewed 19 January 2010

We stayed in a beautiful room with a big living room and a first floor bedroom. Would not recommend it if the weather is cold (it has no infrastructure for heatning the rooms), or if one is sensitive to waking up to the sound of the church bells :)... they start tolling at 6 am and very near!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 15 October 2008

My wife and I are in our mid 50's and have travelled
extensively for the past 35 years. The La Moradahotel has been
one of the highlights!
Here are the reasons
1 Extremely friendly staff
2 Location. Half a block from the Main Square and La Parroquia
Church. Good restaurants emanate outward from this in the
surrounding couple blocks. It's an easy walk to shopping
and restaurants. The convenient location makes it easy to
drop back into the hotel for a Siesta. Likewise, if there is
entertainment in the Square, which is likely, it's easy to get
there.
3 Very clean. An efficient operation.
4 The Cafe next door is where we enjoyed our complimentary
European breakfast daily, prior to heading out for the day.
The staff at the cafe is as friendly as the hotel staff.
It is a wonderful walking town. Wear comfortable shoes.
5 The La Morada is good value. Yes, you can pay more, lots
more to stay in San Miguel, but the La Morada is an 18th
Century hacienda. It's quaint and fun. I have recommended it
to friends who also travel extensively.

Mike and Franci Weaver
California

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2008

Be aware. The hotel has two areas one rundown area that has not been renovated and looks like a bus station hotel and a new area that they call it "minimalistic", just because its been renovated. The hotel has a cafeteria instead of a full service restaurant. When I did my reservation they did not specified about the fact that there are two areas of the hotel. Once I found out about this fact the front desk clerk was very rude and told me that I should have known before I accepted the old room. I tried to talk with the manager/owner to complain about this fact and the clerk did not even bother to contact him. They are a rip off. Better to pay 50 bucks more and stay at a much better hotel like casa rosada or dos casas. These guys are thieves!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank SemiMexicoDF
Reviewed 29 February 2008

This is the hotel for you if you want to be right in the middle of all the action! I had to get use to the church bells and other noise, but Loved the location and the service. I stayed in the king suite and it was clean and spacious. The front desk was very helpful when I needed directions and there was always someone staffed there to help. There is a little cafe with internet service connected to the hotel which was very convenient. I checked out the patio suits, and they seemed to be quieter, as they are located within a court yard of the hotel-but I would stay right where I stayed again if I went back! It's a great place to stay if you just want to step right out in to San Miguel. Be aware that there is no where to really sit outside,in the sun, and relax-the "patios" on each room are very small-but there is the courtyard downstairs. I did not meet any other guests while I was there-so it's really a place to hang your hat while your adventuring around the town.
I Loved it.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 December 2007

I cannot begin to explain what an amazing time we had in San Miguel and at this hotel.. The Patio Suites are quite tasteful and very comfortable. They are right on the plaza , but when you walk through the doors to the patio suites. TOTAL peace and quiet. I had Dental surgery down there and the hotel could not do enough to accomodate me . One of the most highly recomended little hotels I have ever found traveling ANYWHERE. Four night pacakge with taxes included great deal!

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2006

Friends, who travel frequently, recommended La Morada. I couldn't find many reviews on the hotel so I was a little skeptical. What a surprise! The hotel is in a fantastic location, just off the Jardin. Yes, we could hear the church bells at night and the revelers, but the location really made up for it. We had the two story king suite which was lovely. Yes, it was awfully cold for a few nights but we managed. Actually, we had a wood burning fireplace in our room but didn't feel the need to have it fired up. We learned during our complimentary walking tour that the hotel was the former hacienda of a wealthy local family. If you prefer new and sparkly, try the recently added patio suites.
Our daughter, her husband and their one year old had the two bedroom double. It was on one floor and not nearly as appealing but adequate for a couple traveling with an active child.
The staff was very accommodating and we would definitely stay there again. One note, the exchange rate on our credit card was so good that the room was actually cheaper than quoted.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled with family
5  Thank anjorcutt
Reviewed 16 November 2005

Very nice hotel in a lovely City.
The service was so professional and fast, specially with the front desk. We spend a week and We'll back. I want to recommend this special hotel, because is so warm (the people) and clean, hi level.

If you visit them ask for José, he will take care for you any momment.

Visit San Miguel!!!