I was very disappointed. Best Western needs to pay attention to this hotel, if it values its reputation as a good budget hotel.
Three of us stayed at this best Western which is located at the far end of the Centro region...a good 10 minute walk to the main plaza area. Our travel agency had booked two rooms for two nights. Upon arrival we were given a room on the second floor ( no elevators if you have difficulty with stairs). In one room, the toilet was not working and there was no hot water. In the second room, the room toilet was also not working, and the room smelled very mildew, despite the windows being open for ventilation. On a positive note, our bell hop was very nice and wanted to make things right.
We were redirected to rooms on the third floor. My sister's door would not lock. One push and the door opened. This was never fixed while we were there. It did not make her feel too secure. The maid left the door to our room ajar, after having made it up our first day there. Fortunately, nothing was missing. Both rooms did not get a bathmat for the shower for the second day. In our room the towels were moved, not replaced, so we did not know whose towel belonged to whom. The big thing was finding our room door open ( not just unlocked, but ajar) when we returned at the end of the day.
The room looked like they had tried to give it a modern look, but the carpet between the beds was ripped. The shower was huge, but the toilet area was very tiny to maneuver, and you had to step up a step to enter the cubicle which was stuck against the exterior wall. This was dangerous if you needed to use the facilities in the middle of the night. There was a porthole window in the cubicle to air the small enclosure.
The sink (an above-the-counter sink) was on the platform floor, cornered between the huge shower and tiny toilet cubicle. There was no where to put anything. The beds were ok with a nice armoire for clothes. Ventilation was poor, so we had to ask for fans for both rooms.
Coffeemakers were available upon request. Both rooms asked for a coffeemaker. We each got one, but they only had decaf coffee packets. The desk told us they did not have any regular coffee packets. We did not use the makers. The rooms did not have any safes, so we had to leave our
valuables at the front desk in a suitcase during the day. It was a good thing we could leave them at the front desk since the maid left our door ajar all day and my sister's door did not lock.
Breakfast was included and although we were told my sister could get gluten free food, it was not available. The continental breakfast consisted breads/pastries, cereal, juice, coffee.
The staff at the reception was very nice and tried to be helpful, but their ability to change anything was very limited. This is not a hotel I would recommend. There are better hotels, closer to the central area, in the same price range.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Monteverde Best Inns is a colonial style property located in San Miguel de Allende , Guanajuato , one street from the Main Plaza 5 , in the historic center . A Less than 1 kilometer are the Museo de Allende and Craft Market . El Bajio International Airport ( BJX ) 146 Miles and Queretaro Intercontinental Airport ( QRO ) Locate THIS is about 87 kilometers away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Monteverde Best Inns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Monteverde
- Best Western San Miguel De Allende
- San Miguel De Allende Best Western