“Only recommend to your worst enemy”
Review of El Meson Hotel

El Meson Hotel
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed at El Meson for business because I had to. I have stayed there before, but this was the worst stay of them all. Calling ahead, I double checked that there would be no parties or gringo sing-a-longs lasting past midnight (previous experience). I also inquired about the state and quality of the internet connection because in other stays it was intermittent at best. So I guess by now you can see where I am going with this review.

First night (Sunday) I check in, there is no internet. I could connect to the router, but the router couldn't get to the internet.

2nd night after work (Monday) the internet was off still not working. I alerted the front office and within a couple of minutes it was working, so good. I valet my car as there was no street parking after work. Also, management gifted me a bottle of wine for the inconvenience. I got it opened at the bar and wanted to have it with dinner at the restaurant in the hotel. I was then told I couldn't drink it in the restaurant. I explained to waiter that it was from management. He did not care, so I cancelled my order and left for street tacos.

3rd morning I go to collect my car. I expected someone to go get it and bring it up, but no, the manager sent an employee with me to go look for the car. Fun! 3rd night (a Tuesday!) I was woken up by a party in the hotel pool area. It was loud enough to wake me up with a closed window and the air con running. I called down to the front desk to request the group to quiet down. Nothing happened. The group dispersed at around 2:30 am and then I was able to get sleep.

If you decide to stay here, I warned you.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank BobfromRedondo
There are newer reviews for El Meson Hotel

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The place is nice, gorgeous, boutique, cozy and small, one block away from the main plaza, but the best of this hotel is the food and THE BAR, attended by his owner German who is always creating the perfect cocktail for your own personal taste.
Don't miss the chance to taste the spicy clamato, the chile serrano mojito and the mango chili mojito.... everything is soooo good. We went to the bar for only a beer and ended drinking 20+ cocktails in over 5 hours of drinking, chatting and creating drinks with German just for the purpose of satysifying us (the customers)

Room Tip: Face the pool !!!!1
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Juan M
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is by far one of the best hotels that i have ever stayed at. The staff is super friendly and the grounds of the hotel truly resemble an oasis. The city of San Miguel is lovely and by staying at the El Meson it only added to the overall experience. They let me check out super late without any additional charges. Relaxing by the pool/hot tub listening to the lounge music with a glass of wine is a great way to spend a day.

Room Tip: Get a room in the courtyard that opens out to the pool. Keep windows open at night and wake to the s...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank sally_travel-world
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Comfortable renewed hotel located in the main downtown zone, just blocks away from the main garden. We chose this hotel por its privacy and location, our rate included breakfast which can be delivered to your room. Rooms are not very spacious since they adapt rooms to the original architecture, but linen quality and ammenities are fine, we got a suite which had more space. The location is perfect to do tourist walks within downtown, you can stop by easily during the day.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MEM22
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Big, nice and comfortable rooms, the suites are awesome, very cool patio with pool, a general excellent vibe throughout the hotel, bar. Loved the breakfast too! But the best thing about this hotel is the staff, they make you feel like you´re at home, with family! We were a very large group of friends and family and we all were very happy to have stayed at El Mesón and definitely will stay there again on our next visit.

Room Tip: If you´re a family I would definitely recommend the master suite, it´s awesome!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Definetely the best boutique hotel, very nice and quiet, and the service is great! The accommodations are very pretty and clean. I recommend taking swimsuits to spend time in the beautiful pool, also the bar is pretty cool. The staff were the nicest!

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank MariaGabriela P
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Have not stayed at the hotel, but spent plenty of time in their beautiful bar. We've visited three times. Wide selection of spirits. Bartenders know how to mix, shake or stir a cocktail. Cocktails are more expensive, but the quality of ingredients, ambiance, and extra touches make the experience very classy and worth it. Interior is interesting, inviting, lots of textures, subdued lighting, airy. I've had gin martinis-yum! I've also had a gin and tonic that was amazing. Tonic water unusual and delicious. I don't think you'll be disappointed...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple